Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 13 2013
By: Rurouni_Ken First Son 5 posts

"The content has expired or the owner of the content is another player" All Stars Vita

8 replies 1274 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

Ok so I'm so mad... Every time I try to copy my All Stars Battle Royale for VITA from my PS3 to my PS VITA an error occurs in the VITA stating the following "The content has expired or the owner of the content is another player".The disc benefits that are included on the PS3 All Stars game were used on my PS3 account as you can't sign in the PS3 with the VITA account and when you use the content manager for copying the VITA requires to sign in the PS3 with the VITA account, So I created a new user in the PS3 with the same email user as the VITA hoping that it would finally let me copy the All Star Battle Royale from my PS3 to the VITA but the same **bleep** error occurs stating the same "The content has expired or the owner of the content is another player" Seriously I'm so dissapointed about the fact that I payed alot of money for a game that claims to include for free the VITA version when it's a lie or maybe an odd error that only happens to be occuring to me.....

Message 1 of 9 (1,274 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12481 posts

Re: "The content has expired or the owner of the content is another player" All Stars Vita

Feb 13, 2013
The account on your ps3 must be the same as the one on the Vita or else it doesn't work.

There's no such thing as a ps3 account or Vita account, it's just a PSN account, and you must use one account for both systems.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 9 (1,265 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: "The content has expired or the owner of the content is another player" All Stars Vita

Feb 13, 2013

If your game is still under warranty, try and do an exchange.   Most places will give you a new copy and slash the plastic.   When I had a faulty Call of Duty Black Ops First Strike pack on my Xbox, I had already used the code, but the disc didn't work, so that is what they did for me at Target.    Then I gave the extra code to a friend who didn't have it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 3 of 9 (1,254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

And Glacius, technically, you can have multiple accounts use the same content on the PS3.   Although, if the owner is deleted off your system for whatever reason, you lose the rights to all content that was downloaded.

For example:

I have Scwip379 and Rashelle on my PS3.

Rashelle buys all the Call of Duty Map packs for Black Ops, back then, it had a 5 person limit when these map packs were released, so Scwip379 and myself could both use this content, so long as we had her login on both of our systems.

I buy a Call of Duty Black Ops II Season Pass, Scwip379 OR Rashelle could download it off me, since 5 PS3's can use your account info, but only 2 can use the content at any time.

On the Vita, you are locked to that PSN account.   If I log into Scwip379's account, which has nothing, but my memory card is tied to myself, I cannot use anything on that memory card for his account, unless I format the memory card, BUT, you can swap accounts with a different memory card.    So if the original poster has 2 memory cards, not tied to the same PSN account, you could still play Playstation All Stars Battle Royale digially off the PSN account you tied the Vita version to, without trying to exchange copies, you would just have to switch users every time you play a different game.    I am not sure how physical copies play with multiple PSN names if it blocks trophies and that's it, unless the save data is deleted off the card.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale also appears in the download list, use that to determine what PSN account you tied the digital copy to.

Message 4 of 9 (1,250 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12481 posts

Feb 13, 2013

BShornock wrote:

And Glacius, technically, you can have multiple accounts use the same content on the PS3.   Although, if the owner is deleted off your system for whatever reason, you lose the rights to all content that was downloaded.

Yes, I know plenty of how the PS3 works. I have two PSN accounts, and though I only downloaded DLC on one, the other can still use it.

But this is a Vita forum, and the question was about how he couldn't get it onto his Vita system.

So I don't bother explaining that, because then people get confused.

Message 5 of 9 (1,233 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 13, 2013

So basically, you play Call of Duty or another online game?

Thankfully I went to school, so I could plainly see that we are in the Playstation Community Forums > General Discussions > Playstation Vita folder, troll.

I bothered to explain it, it's up to him what he wants to do with that knowledge.   The simpler solution would be to exchange the game for a new copy and not botch up the digital copy this time.

Message 6 of 9 (1,223 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12481 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

I play Call of Duty, as well as Borderlands 2, Madden 13, Killzone 3, Uncharted series, etc.

And go ask others, I'm no troll, nor was my response even close to a typical "troll response".

Since, in case you didn't notice, I answered his question, by saying that the account he plays PSASBR on, has to be the same as the Vita account.

And you can't exchange "new copies" for another copy, because he opened it. No store takes back OPENED new games, only unopened. Only used games can be returned "opened" at places like Gamestop (where you have 7 days to return).

And in case you didn't know, I'm a Mechanical Engineer Major, and I'm well aware that we're in the Playstation Vita category (not Folder), and that mentioning PS3 accounts (considering it was dealing with transferring to a Vita) is pointless.

But, as you have said, "nice try". In the mean time, I've reported your previous post to the moderators for harassment and flame-baiting.

Message 7 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3961 posts

Feb 14, 2013

BShornock wrote:

So basically, you play Call of Duty or another online game?

Thankfully I went to school, so I could plainly see that we are in the Playstation Community Forums > General Discussions > Playstation Vita folder, troll.

I bothered to explain it, it's up to him what he wants to do with that knowledge.   The simpler solution would be to exchange the game for a new copy and not botch up the digital copy this time.

Im not trying to cause any squabbles, but dude, you make no sense all. Exchanging the game is going to do nothing since the gameis already tied to his account. And you obviously do  ot understand what a forum troll. What Glacius is doing to you is considered "out witting" you.

Message 8 of 9 (1,186 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Gamble_STARS wrote:

Im not trying to cause any squabbles, but dude, you make no sense all. Exchanging the game is going to do nothing since the gameis already tied to his account. And you obviously do  ot understand what a forum troll. What Glacius is doing to you is considered "out witting" you.

When I exchanged my defective Call of Duty Black Ops from Target, they slashed open a new copy and gave me that one.

If he is successful at doing the same thing, the other copy of Playstation All Stars Battle Royale would not be tied to anything, and free to tie to the proper account.

Again, it depends on where he purchased it and what their return policies are.   He could always say the copy was defective and if it's within the return policy, they are entitled to exchange it, although you wouldn't get a refund, it would fix the issues he had with tying the Cross Buy copy to the wrong PSN account.

Message 9 of 9 (1,158 Views)
0 Likes