Reply
Mar 16 2010
By: NandoBR Uncharted Territory 2009 posts
Offline

"X" and "O" buttons switched

8 replies 2312 views Edited Mar 16, 2010

I have just purchased a 250Gb Slim and I noticed that the "X" and "O" buttons functions are switched, as in the image below:

 

 

What is happening? Someone please help.

 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/25/2008
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012
 
Message 2 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/22/2009
Offline
721 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

Mar 16, 2010

Let me try figuring this out:

1- Do you use a Japan or Asia ver. of the said PS3?

2- Did you use an Japan or Asia ver. of the OFW?

Photobucket
Message 3 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/02/2007
Offline
2009 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

Mar 16, 2010

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:

Let me try figuring this out:

1- Do you use a Japan or Asia ver. of the said PS3?

2- Did you use an Japan or Asia ver. of the OFW?


 

I guess it's a Japanese version of the PS3. I just purchased it from a internet store. I assumed it would be an american version. Then I upgraded the firmware with the file I downloaded at the playstation.com website.

 

 

Message 4 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/25/2008
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012
 
Message 5 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/02/2007
Offline
2009 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

Mar 16, 2010

RAKANSEN wrote:

NandoBR wrote:

 

I guess it's a Japanese version of the PS3. I just purchased it from a internet store. I assumed it would be an american version. Then I upgraded the firmware with the file I downloaded at the playstation.com website.


Are the labels on the system in English?  The manual?


 

Labels are in english, Manual is in english/japanese or chinese... model is CECH-2012B

Message 6 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/03/2008
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

Mar 17, 2010

 


NandoBR wrote:

RAKANSEN wrote:

NandoBR wrote:

 

I guess it's a Japanese version of the PS3. I just purchased it from a internet store. I assumed it would be an american version. Then I upgraded the firmware with the file I downloaded at the playstation.com website.


Are the labels on the system in English?  The manual?


 

Labels are in english, Manual is in english/japanese or chinese... model is CECH-2012B


 

that is a ps3 from the asian market.  all asian ps3s have the "x" and "o" buttons switched from the other regions.  plus the model number specifies that it is an asian unit.

 

Message 7 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/28/2007
Offline
5654 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

Mar 17, 2010

that is why you should buy consoles in stores because online you can get one from another region and stuff is switched making it kind of confusing

Message 8 of 9 (2,312 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: "X" and "O" buttons switched

Nov 17, 2012

Well... this is something you should just get used to with your Asian PS3 system. Fear not, game controls are X for Accept, O for Back when playing US or European games. I'm from the UK, had the same issue, I got Ragnarok Odyssey from HK, then from the US, the transition between the X/O swap was difficult!

Message 9 of 9 (2,275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes