MVP Support
12753 posts

Re: rip off

May 19, 2013

Yup. I got Dead Space 1-2, LBP 1-2, GTA IV, MGS4, Uncharted 1-2, GT5, and a couple other games for other consoles for free as well.

They've also upgraded a couple of my games to the "pre-order bonus" ones a lot of times, even if I didn't pre-order. Got a free case for my 3DS from RE Revelations too because some kid didn't pick up his case XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 56 (110 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 19, 2013

I wish I had a Gamestop lke that here! lol :smileysurprised: :smileyhappy:

Message 42 of 56 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Gamestop is a corporate evil monster. They don't hire gamers. They hire people so they can train to sell games. They don't want your opininion on games or even your knowledge. I spent a day talking to the manager at my local gamestop which was several years ago. I was talking about this new game and this old game and basically everything that I was talking about was flying over the guys head. All he can say in return is "would you like to place 5 dollars down to preorder Halo 2" knowing that I didn't have the system at the time.

It is one thing to have a Xbox Guru and a PS Gura and Nintendo Guru or a PC Guru working at a store but if you planning on working at a store that sells games across all platforms. It would help if they were knowledgeable in all areas than just one.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

TBH the gamestop you go to does sux , my local GS is way better , I just got me new 3DS so yesterday I was at gamestop , I was checking out the games , I picked up few games like resident evil  mercenaries and the other one called resident evil revelations , and skylanders , and like another 2-3 games , the guy who was working there came to me and told me to not buy residnt evil mercenaries as it's don't have a good story and not worth the money , and he  told me to not pick up skylanders too , he told me it's not as good as the original skylander games, and gave me his opinion about games that I shouldn't buy , and he showed me what games I should buy instade the once I picked up at first , I'm thankful for his opinions as I ended up by getting cheaper and better games , and here I don't know the guy , I mean I only see him when I go to GS.

Message 43 of 56 (100 Views)
MVP Support
12753 posts

May 19, 2013

Haha, yeah.

I've only been to one other Gamestop before. They seemd alright. Not as friendly, but still weren't complete jerks or anything.

Message 44 of 56 (98 Views)
MVP Support
12753 posts

May 19, 2013

zack2091 wrote:

Gamestop is a corporate evil monster. They don't hire gamers. They hire people so they can train to sell games. They don't want your opininion on games or even your knowledge. I spent a day talking to the manager at my local gamestop which was several years ago. I was talking about this new game and this old game and basically everything that I was talking about was flying over the guys head. All he can say in return is "would you like to place 5 dollars down to preorder Halo 2" knowing that I didn't have the system at the time.

It is one thing to have a Xbox Guru and a PS Gura and Nintendo Guru or a PC Guru working at a store but if you planning on working at a store that sells games across all platforms. It would help if they were knowledgeable in all areas than just one.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

TBH the gamestop you go to does sux , my local GS is way better , I just got me new 3DS so yesterday I was at gamestop , I was checking out the games , I picked up few games like resident evil  mercenaries and the other one called resident evil revelations , and skylanders , and like another 2-3 games , the guy who was working there came to me and told me to not buy residnt evil mercenaries as it's not a good game , told me to not pick up skylanders too , he told me it's not as good as the original skylander games, and gave me his opinion about games that I shouldn't buy , and he showed me what games I should buy instade the once I picked up at first , I'm thankful for his opinions as I ended up by getting cheaper and better games , and here I don't know the guy , I mean I only see him when I go to GS.

Ah, good employee.

I would've told you not to buy those two either lol. Waste of money.

Message 45 of 56 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

May 19, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Ah, good employee.

I would've told you not to buy those two either lol. Waste of money.

not only that employee , there are another 2 employees working there and they give you their opinions too when you pick up something, or when you ask them about something. I remember one time seeing one of the employees showed up her 3DS to make one of the custmers try the game before buying it.

Message 46 of 56 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 19, 2013

I go to the gamestop in the town next to me and not the town i live for the sole purpose theres a huge difference in customer service... not all gamestops are the same.

Message 47 of 56 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26455 posts

May 19, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Companies always said the main excuse for why physical copies cost more?? The main one is because it cost more to make the disk, print the books and covers, shipping the product. Now how can any company say this years ago before digital went main stream then still charge the same or more in some cases for digital items? Its because nobody has challenged them to what they preached about selling digital content. When you weight the facts of how much it cost for digital vs physical, its cost more for physical stuff and we dont get the benefits. The companies get the extra money for selling digital the same price.

Not for nothing, who are the ones who have purported the "benefits" of digital distribution? Was it the industry? Or was it the "gamer community", who kept repeating it until it BECAME true? It seems like the gamer community kept telling themselves this story, because it was what they wanted to believe. The news stories I've seen have never said, at least to my recollection, any of these so-called savinges would be passed on to the consumer.

The other thing that people forget when you think "no physical medium= lower prices" is that digital games have their share of costs as well. Severs need to be maintained, there's bandwidth, security, and all of that takes money, resources, and people to accomplish. It's a constant process, unlike a game that is pressed, shipped, and then sits on a store shelf waiting for you to buy. And how many digital copies are you going to sell to the people who'd "rather have a disc"? Let's also not forget that another incident like the PSN break in can render an online digital store front useless, resulting in tidal wave of red ink. If that happened again on the release day for a major game you'd be screaming about how it was an outrage, and that Sony is denying you the ability to buy said game. So the simplistic gamer argument of "no product = lower costs" isn't as simple as you might want to believe it is.

If anything can be learned from this, this could and probably will work AGAINST the gamer community. You're going to be looking at price control, and more costs due to bandwidth caps and fees for going over your limit.

Message 48 of 56 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

May 19, 2013

I fear a day where there is only GameStops. The way they take out other local business is sicking. They are just like Wall-Mart.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 49 of 56 (69 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 19, 2013
It's always like that. You also forgot to add the money you get when you trade the game back in. U can't trade a game you bought from ps store.
Message 50 of 56 (61 Views)
0 Likes