MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: rip off

May 19, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:
Congrats freshrevenge, you now know GameStop is a business. They don't want to hire gamers with experience. Experience costs more money. They want cheap employees. Think AutoZone hires only auto mechanics?

No it doesn't. Not for a job at Gamestop.

It doesn't matter if you've played games your whole life, or haven't even touched a gaming console, you're going to be paid minimum wage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 56 (67 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

May 19, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:
Congrats freshrevenge, you now know GameStop is a business. They don't want to hire gamers with experience. Experience costs more money. They want cheap employees. Think AutoZone hires only auto mechanics?

LOL I have known this for awhile. I didn't just wake up today and realize this.  I don't order any games from Gamestop because of this fact. I usually will just purchase it from Amazon. I preorder games from Amazon, yet they don't charge my account 5 dollars to place a preorder?  Like that 5 bucks is guanteeing my opportunity to get the game?

I have posted a few of my rants against Gamestop. I just wished they were actual gamers. Now I get some people only play COD and call themselves gamers or they only play WOW and consider themselves gamers. In a business where you are selling different games. It is wise to some homework on each of the titles to be aware of the gameplay and story elements.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 32 of 56 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

May 19, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

No it doesn't. Not for a job at Gamestop.

It doesn't matter if you've played games your whole life, or haven't even touched a gaming console, you're going to be paid minimum wage.

Glacious is right about that. I would of been paid the minimum wage regardless of my experience in gaming or my knowledge. You are just the drone that sells the preorders.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 33 of 56 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 19, 2013
I'm not in disagreement. I'm just saying entry level at GameStop is not gamer, it's cashier. If GameStop can hire a gamer as cashier they would. But anybody willing to get the minimum wage & ring you out will suffice. Hear gamers tell it, most don't like GameStop so that narrows the prospects for GameStop from the jump anyways
Message 34 of 56 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 19, 2013
Companies always said the main excuse for why physical copies cost more?? The main one is because it cost more to make the disk, print the books and covers, shipping the product. Now how can any company say this years ago before digital went main stream then still charge the same or more in some cases for digital items? Its because nobody has challenged them to what they preached about selling digital content. When you weight the facts of how much it cost for digital vs physical, its cost more for physical stuff and we dont get the benefits. The companies get the extra money for selling digital the same price.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 35 of 56 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 19, 2013

I never feel comfortable going to Gamestop. I hate being greeted with "want to buy this?" "If you preorder you get a free poster" "Come on, buy this!" , etc. They like to force people to buy things they don't care about. Not only that, when I went to cancel pre-orders for my brother because he was unable to do it himself, they did not want to. This happened twice. Although the second one they did since I was the one who pre-order the game in the first place for my brother. They sure don't mind if you pre-order the game for someone else but they hate it when you cancel it for them. I hear so many bad stories about Gamestop it's not even funny. 

As for working for them, no thanks!

Message 36 of 56 (50 Views)
MVP Support
13618 posts

May 19, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

I never feel comfortable going to Gamestop. I hate being greeted with "want to buy this?" "If you preorder you get a free poster" "Come on, buy this!" , etc. They like to force people to buy things they don't care about. Not only that, when I went to cancel pre-orders for my brother because he was unable to do it himself, they did not want to. This happened twice. Although the second one they did since I was the one who pre-order the game in the first place for my brother. They sure don't mind if you pre-order the game for someone else but they hate it when you cancel it for them. I hear so many bad stories about Gamestop it's not even funny. 

That's probably why I like my Gamestop.

It's a lot more personable. They never try to push pre-orders (or do so sarcastically, like "I know you don't want to, but I'm obligated to ask if you'd like to pre-order (insert game name here). I honestly don't care if you do or not, I just want to get home to play some more Skyrim" or something like that.

Plus they know me pretty well now.

Message 37 of 56 (47 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 19, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

That's probably why I like my Gamestop.

It's a lot more personable. They never try to push pre-orders (or do so sarcastically, like "I know you don't want to, but I'm obligated to ask if you'd like to pre-order (insert game name here). I honestly don't care if you do or not, I just want to get home to play some more Skyrim" or something like that.

Plus they know me pretty well now.

That's pretty cool. I am glad to hear that there are some good Gamestops. lol

Message 38 of 56 (45 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

May 19, 2013

Yeah. They're a smaller gamestop, and they are unfortunate enough to be in-between two others (One is 2 miles north, one is 2 miles south).

But apparently their employees keep getting 10/10 ratings from people when they do the customer satisfaction surveys, so that must be good lol.

I always give them a good rating. They even let me take out a game or two for free if they have extras (assuming it's not like, a recently released game)

Message 39 of 56 (43 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 19, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Yeah. They're a smaller gamestop, and they are unfortunate enough to be in-between two others (One is 2 miles north, one is 2 miles south).

But apparently their employees keep getting 10/10 ratings from people when they do the customer satisfaction surveys, so that must be good lol.

I always give them a good rating. They even let me take out a game or two for free if they have extras (assuming it's not like, a recently released game)

That is pretty cool! Smiley LOL Free games? Wow! They are pretty nice! Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 56 (40 Views)
0 Likes