Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: rip off

May 19, 2013
Horror god it's because game stops new games are used. I used to work there. The workers get to play the games and can still sell them as new. Duh u only get sealed copies. Although my store had a resealer. This is a known fact gamestops do this. Still a great value used or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 56 (105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4158 posts

May 19, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

That's probably why I like my Gamestop.

It's a lot more personable. They never try to push pre-orders (or do so sarcastically, like "I know you don't want to, but I'm obligated to ask if you'd like to pre-order (insert game name here). I honestly don't care if you do or not, I just want to get home to play some more Skyrim" or something like that.

Plus they know me pretty well now.

That is why I miss my local GameCrazy. The employees were all friendly, got to know me, and would give me free stuff all the time. (pre-order bonuses for games I didn't even pre-order.)

They never pushed me to pre-order / buy anything, because they knew I always said "No" and would pre-order something when I wanted to. (and by you saying your GameStop still does that to you, tells me they are still trying to sell you, despite being "friendly.")

I remember when I was waiting at the midnight release of GTAIV, one of the employees (that knew me and my friends pretty well) came up to us around 10pm and said "You guys don't need to wait. Give me your cash and I'll come outside and give you your copies." So we paid him, waited outside, and a couple of minutes later he came out with a bag of our GTAIV copies.

He said he would just ring them up at midnight, and we could come by the next day to get our receipts.

The next day I went in and he gave me my receipt and change. That is customer service. :smileytongue:

Sadly, that GameCrazy died along with the rest of the franchise.

There are no GameStops like that around here. All the employees are robots with programmed personalities.

They are my buddy until I tell them "No" too many times and they finish my transaction, then they zone in on the sucker behind me.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 56 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

May 19, 2013

such an obvious troll thread, **bleep** jut look at the av! :robotlol:

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 56 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

May 19, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Retail shopping is preferable when it comes to the advantage of items like resale value and the opportunity to purchase the physical item cheaper than its digital counterpart. That's not to say that there aren't digital steals out there. In the last few weeks, for example, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time was available for $20 through PlayStation Plus while at retail copies still retained their $40 value. If you can manage to comparison shop and find the right prices for the items you want, wherever they may be sold, then that's all for the better.

i agree that it can happen, i bought the Borderlands bundle for 20 bucks last year when the GOTE disc was still selling for around $30-$35 retail as well as online shops. that said i do find way more bargains with hard copies of games as opposed to digital versions.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 56 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

May 19, 2013
I forgot to say before , but I have a ps vita , and one time I bought 1 game digital , as there was no physical copy for that game (atelier totori plus) , and that was a big rip off too, as the game needed 3 GB , and the PSV memory card price is sooo stupidly expensive. as a Vita owner , I feel buying any game digital is a big rip off , even if the games themselvs are on sale.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 56 (76 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

May 19, 2013

you buy games wherever they are cheapest 

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 56 (67 Views)
0 Likes