Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: seriously thinking of switching back to xbox 360 due to cinavia

Dec 20, 2012

I was thinking about buying a second ps3.... but because of cinavia protections causing many of my files not to work right, and lack of .mkv support.  Im prolly just going to buy a much cheaper media box or blu ray player. The blu ray players are much cheaper these days than in the past and they also play .mkvs and netflix, and at this point im getting older and playing less games anyway.  They used to cost almost as much as a ps3 but now are only 60 -80$  I was considering about an xbox 360....

Message 21 of 28 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25228 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Okay, am I the only one who knows of this site?

http://download.cnet.com/windows/

You can find all sorts of utilities there, from alternative browsers (unless you actulaly LIKE using internet explorer) to sound editing. And yes, you can even find VIDEO CONVERTERS.

I know it's easier to complain than to do some research, but sometimes if you ask the right questions you can save yourself a lot of aggravation. And once again, don't blame Sony because you're downloading things in a "less than legal" fashion.

Message 22 of 28 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 20, 2012

like the Captain said...and i pushed my button and it said"that was easy"

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 23 of 28 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Okay sorry for the late reply and im sure you probably purchase a system. Ps3 ( which im im still playing becuase i havent gotten a 360 controller)

But they do police their system both have flaws and pros,
Sony has this thing called it an annoyance watermarking stripbthat send a code to your ps3 console and now newly moddle dvd and blu ray players to stop piracy. It does one or two things to you movie stop playing and disables playback features. Another it mutes your sound and send you this code.

Understandable but its annoying for people like me every movie i purchase gose straight to my ps3, or it would but (cinivia). Why not i have 160 gig ps3 i can easily put these movie it mb form and have it anytime. (once again i pay good money for dvds i should be able to do what i want them. All my work around dont work. ( i wont mention them becuase i dont need sony on my butt).

My boyfriend had a save file on my profile a completed game of dead islands with mods and all and cant tranfer it to another ps3 he would have to start over. Save game data is lock from copying

The force downloads in order to have access to online content and multiplayer,
slow internet even when i earase my history and data. Flash is weak, any video function beside youtube will not work. I cant use my personal pic for an avatar, what do you try to censor when there people going off the hook online anyway. Cant play music during game play. They have these updates for what? Just saying. I play black ops2 or any game i cant even use my blutooth becuase it crackles, its brand new, it not a problem anywhere else i have atnt high speed, .

Though im complaining it seems i do have point that need to be work out. Gaming system are zome people only source of entertainment, with netflix hulu etc why have cable when all they feature come on a game system
Message 24 of 28 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Dec 30, 2012
i believe he ment becuase he is disable and cant move, he would habe to come ask someone to keep changing his movies out the system. ( like a sick person needs you every 30 mins) so he copies his movies to the ps3 so he has easy access to his films.

This whoke piracy illegal to copy or download is overated who made it a law. It should be illegal for producers and writer to may high paid movies and most of it just cgi
Message 25 of 28 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25228 posts

Dec 30, 2012

If the PS3 is your "only source for entertainment", then you need to start expanding your horizons. Even if you're disabled you can still pick up a book.

As for what you define as "illeagal", don't try to justify what some out there are doing using convoluted logic. I'd take it you wouldn't like it if you showed up for work for a week, and then your boss told you that you're not going to be paid for your labor(s). All of those words you see at the end credits are the names of people, and they are the ones who actually made it possible for you to watch a movie. Those are real people, with real jobs, and they deserve to be paid for their efforts.

Message 26 of 28 (194 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Go ahead, the xbox has so many adds on the stupid dashbord , so manny acounts have beend TRULEY hacked * none that i know of have been hacked on the psn thru any method other than imputing the pass word and username * so many pirated games being palayed online * i know about 7 people who pirate yhere 360 games * and a bunch of other buLL crap.. ARET WE PAYING 55 $ for "better internet.." yet i cant find a **bleep** game on the 360 that runs as smooth as 2007's warhawk.. not to mention LITTLE third party suport EPIC  has just about had it with MS and are actualy thinking of porting the first three gears games to the ps3.. so GO PLAY THE **bleep**BOX ..I still cant fathom why so many people bought he 360 when the original console sucked **bleep** .. IMo the ps3 has the best line up of everythig including online.. because we pay ZERO , ZERO $ for a service that i can only say is lightley below or if not just as good as XBL.. * playing cross play... yea the xbox cant do that.. is tha talso why the ps3 has the best netflix version ..*

Message 27 of 28 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Okay one the ps3 isnt my only source of entertainment. And what i ment by only sourcs, i dont watch tv so therefore i dont have cable. Even if i did have cable it so much crap on there it still like what the point. i concidered my ps3 to be a prime source of entertainment becuase it contains so much without going to the computer or turning on my apple tv. I dont know about you but when im finish with my day of working. I like to lay in bed and turn on my ps3 watch movies until i sleep, i also dont want to get my **bleep** up and keep popping in disc. Sorry but not everyone copies movies to pirate. I pay for these movie that arent cheap why i cant put them on my ps3. I do have a life i am a female, it just when it time i would like to game and do my thing on my ps3 in peace.

Am i the only one who pays **bleep** load of money for these gadgets that give you all this memory and tabs just have retrictions,
If a person is hacking and bootleging games yeah get them. But if im not on the psn and i want to watch a movie i paid for then **bleep**. And to back up i had two movies both bluray with digital copy to copy on any device and i still got ding for ciniva.
Message 28 of 28 (172 Views)
0 Likes