Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: should DLC be free?

Mar 26, 2013
if its day one dlc, no. if its dlc that comes out 1 year later, sure. but paying $60 up front is crazy, if we have to paymore on top of that
Message 41 of 44 (55 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 26, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Im proud of you gR3y. a reply without being mean .

Dont push it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 42 of 44 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Mar 26, 2013
DLC is a major source of income for game developers now. That being said, developers are a business. Their main objective is to make money. While I do agree that making it so that things that are already in the game be a pay to play option is not a very good practice. The reasoning behind this that I can see is the lazy gamer that does not want to do the things required to unlock the material. This gives them an easy way out where they can spend a little bit of money and save themselves hours of trying to unlock the content. Personally, I don't spend money on this sort of DLC.

DLC that adds new features into a game, such as new characters in a fighting game, or expansion packs are worth the money. Offering both types of DLC makes it so that they tailor to all players, and not just the hardcore players that want to do absolutely everything in a game.
My PSN
Message 43 of 44 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

All I can say is... 

Either 1 we should be able to do both, Unlock in Game, & have DLC separate from the in Game Catagory... 

Or 2 we should have the Option to use DLC as an Early way out of Working at Unlocking things in Game... 

But to me, DLC should never be a Requirement to Unlock Content that is already in Game... (Refering To Paid DLC) 
Because that is just not right... To me, that is like Paying for something you already Own... Just because their Money Hoggs... 

I'd rather have Special Challanges for Offline Mode to Unlock Content... & use DLC to Unlock Exclusive Stuff that makes the Game better, mainly Content that you can't normally get from in Game... Then to be Required to Purchase it... 

Anotherwards, DLC should always be Optional, not a Requirement... Or at least that is how I feel... !^_^! 

P. S.: As far as Pricing goes, i'd rather Spend money on DLC, then to worry about a Subscription Fee, (Refering To MMO's) @_@ 

Paying for DLC is always better then a Subscription Plan for any MMO... That is how I see it anyhow... ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 44 of 44 (28 Views)
0 Likes