Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2002
Offline
8788 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005

,
,
,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,
,
,Gamehead8 wrote:
With all the hype and promises Sony is making, It better deliver, otherwise it'll be the beginning of the end for the playstacion.
,

,
,

What hype and promises are Sony making?  Don't you also think that Microsoft needs to live up to the hype they are putting around the X360? ,

,
,

i know LOL, xbox 360 has to live up to A LOT!!!!! more than ps3, and ps3 can deliever, i doubt xbox 360 can... i seriously doubt it,
Photobucket
Message 11 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/03/2000
Offline
3559 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005


hhhercules_23 wrote:
That's,what I'm saying.  It's going to have to suck to wait an extra i,dunno 6 months or so for the PS3.  I've alwasys been a playstation,guy so I dunno, maybe this time around I'll go for the XBox 360, it is,coming out 6 months earlier or even longer!  I think the PS3 at,least on paper and with the games shown is better, even though the,games weren't running off the PS3, just off what the PS3 is supposed to,be like.  But XBox 360 will be out in just 6 months!  In time,for the holiday season at 300$, and we're supposed to wait for sony and,their PS3 which might be a little better, but for so many more,months.  I mean damn.   No reason PS3 should be coming,out so much later, especially when if it is, it's still not going to be,soooo much superior to the 360.  I'm seriously probably just going,to go with the 360.  Though if released at the same time, I'd go,with the PS3.  It sucks....   if GTA 4 were to come out,on XBox 360 at the same time as ps3 or even liek 2 months later, I'd go,with XBox 360 no hesitations.  W/e I'm not waitng, you all,can.  I'll be playing next gen shiat this christmas.  Sony,,you dissapoint me....

Sony releases a console every,6 years...They started out with PS1 in 1994, then released PS2 in 2000.,So the next step is PS3 in 2006. Microsoft is releasing early because,they aren't making money off the XBox (thats why their gonna stop,production on it - meanwhile PS2 and the redesiged PS2 will be steady).,Remember, good things come to those who wait....



   

Message 12 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2002
Offline
8788 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005

,
,
,D_Pyro wrote:

,
,
,hhhercules_23 wrote:
,
That's what I'm saying.  It's going to have to suck to wait an extra i dunno 6 months or so for the PS3.  I've alwasys been a playstation guy so I dunno, maybe this time around I'll go for the XBox 360, it is coming out 6 months earlier or even longer!  I think the PS3 at least on paper and with the games shown is better, even though the games weren't running off the PS3, just off what the PS3 is supposed to be like.  But XBox 360 will be out in just 6 months!  In time for the holiday season at 300$, and we're supposed to wait for sony and their PS3 which might be a little better, but for so many more months.  I mean damn.   No reason PS3 should be coming out so much later, especially when if it is, it's still not going to be soooo much superior to the 360.  I'm seriously probably just going to go with the 360.  Though if released at the same time, I'd go with the PS3.  It sucks....   if GTA 4 were to come out on XBox 360 at the same time as ps3 or even liek 2 months later, I'd go with XBox 360 no hesitations.  W/e I'm not waitng, you all can.  I'll be playing next gen shiat this christmas.  Sony, you dissapoint me....
,
,
Sony releases a console every 6 years...They started out with PS1 in 1994, then released PS2 in 2000. So the next step is PS3 in 2006. Microsoft is releasing early because they aren't making money off the XBox (thats why their gonna stop production on it - meanwhile PS2 and the redesiged PS2 will be steady). Remember, good things come to those who wait....
,

,
,

,
FINALLY SOME1 WITH SOME SENCE!!! D_Pyro ftw ( for teh win )
Photobucket
Message 13 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/18/2005
Offline
116 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005


SOCOM kid wrote:


Smoooff Ed wrote:


Gamehead8 wrote:
With all the hype and promises Sony is making, It better deliver, otherwise it'll be the beginning of the end for the playstacion.



What,hype and promises are Sony making?  Don't you also think that,Microsoft needs to live up to the hype they are putting around the,X360?



i know LOL, xbox 360 has,to live up to A LOT!!!!! more than ps3, and ps3 can deliever, i doubt,xbox 360 can... i seriously doubt it


I,have a question what has MS promised that they can't live up to? The,most amazing thing I've seen on the 360 thus far was GoW and that was,playable.
Message 14 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2002
Offline
8788 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005
MS has to live up to their statement saying that xbox 360 is more powerful than ps3, which its not.. so there is 1 MS lie.. how many more have they said?,
Photobucket
Message 15 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/01/2002
Offline
5973 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005

,
,
,epicbloodline wrote:
,
,
after e3 06 to play a nextgen console, hopefully sony comes out with some cool stuff to tie us over for a year or so.  Woman Sad

,
,
,


What the heck are you crying about?  We don't even need a "next-gen" console yet.  There is a ton of awesome games out now and coming out for the PS2.  Why should we be forced to shell out 400 bucks on a "new" console that does nothing new?

,

I can't believe how desparate some of you are for the next gen.

,

Message 16 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2002
Offline
8788 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005

,
,
,UdderJuice wrote:

,
,
,epicbloodline wrote:
,
,
after e3 06 to play a nextgen console, hopefully sony comes out with some cool stuff to tie us over for a year or so.  Woman Sad

,
,
,


What the heck are you crying about?  We don't even need a "next-gen" console yet.  There is a ton of awesome games out now and coming out for the PS2.  Why should we be forced to shell out 400 bucks on a "new" console that does nothing new?

,

I can't believe how desparate some of you are for the next gen.

,

,
,

i agree hehe, im having a blast with Timesplitters future perfect ,
Photobucket
Message 17 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/27/2004
Offline
4451 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005

,
,
,Flying Indian wrote:

,
,
,SOCOM kid wrote:

,
,
,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,
,
,Gamehead8 wrote:
With all the hype and promises Sony is making, It better deliver, otherwise it'll be the beginning of the end for the playstacion.
,

,
,

What hype and promises are Sony making?  Don't you also think that Microsoft needs to live up to the hype they are putting around the X360? ,

,
,

i know LOL, xbox 360 has to live up to A LOT!!!!! more than ps3, and ps3 can deliever, i doubt xbox 360 can... i seriously doubt it ,

,
,
I have a question what has MS promised that they can't live up to? The most amazing thing I've seen on the 360 thus far was GoW and that was playable.
,

,
,
Notice, I chose my words carefully and didn't say Microsoft was making "promises".  I don't think I've heard any of them say "I promise my machine will do (insert promise here)".  However, they have been hyping the X360 like crazy.  What was with that MTv special (which I thought was a joke)?  Can you deny they have hyped up their machine to no end?  As an example, the idiot Microsoft empoyee who wrote that article stating the X360 has 278GB/s memory bandwidth...that is "hype" that basically says "Hey, the X360 has 5x the memory bandwidth than the PS3".  There are a lot of stupid people who are going to read that and think that the X360 should be 5x faster. LOL  Let's see...there is this whole "Microtransactions" thing, where "your character could have a cool shirt, and then you could sell this to other people for a dollar".  First of all, I don't get it.  Secondly, while I believe this may happen at some point, Microsoft has been trying to sell this as the best thing ever.  This doesn't make me want to buy an X360.  All this does is make me think "Great, they've found another way to try and get me to spend money on something I really don't need or want."  That is just the beginning.  Bill Gates: "When the PS3 launches, we are going to launch Halo3 the same day."  Hey Bill, me and millions of PS2 owners don't have Halo.  Do you honestly believe that we aren't going to buy the PS3 because of Halo3?  I think that qualifies as hype as well.
Message 18 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2002
Offline
8788 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005

,
,
,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,
,
,Flying Indian wrote:

,
,
,SOCOM kid wrote:

,
,
,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,
,
,Gamehead8 wrote:
With all the hype and promises Sony is making, It better deliver, otherwise it'll be the beginning of the end for the playstacion.
,

,
,

What hype and promises are Sony making?  Don't you also think that Microsoft needs to live up to the hype they are putting around the X360? ,

,
,

i know LOL, xbox 360 has to live up to A LOT!!!!! more than ps3, and ps3 can deliever, i doubt xbox 360 can... i seriously doubt it ,

,
,
I have a question what has MS promised that they can't live up to? The most amazing thing I've seen on the 360 thus far was GoW and that was playable.
,

,
,
Notice, I chose my words carefully and didn't say Microsoft was making "promises".  I don't think I've heard any of them say "I promise my machine will do (insert promise here)".  However, they have been hyping the X360 like crazy.  What was with that MTv special (which I thought was a joke)?  Can you deny they have hyped up their machine to no end?  As an example, the idiot Microsoft empoyee who wrote that article stating the X360 has 278GB/s memory bandwidth...that is "hype" that basically says "Hey, the X360 has 5x the memory bandwidth than the PS3".  There are a lot of stupid people who are going to read that and think that the X360 should be 5x faster. LOL  Let's see...there is this whole "Microtransactions" thing, where "your character could have a cool shirt, and then you could sell this to other people for a dollar".  First of all, I don't get it.  Secondly, while I believe this may happen at some point, Microsoft has been trying to sell this as the best thing ever.  This doesn't make me want to buy an X360.  All this does is make me think "Great, they've found another way to try and get me to spend money on something I really don't need or want."  That is just the beginning.  Bill Gates: "When the PS3 launches, we are going to launch Halo3 the same day."  Hey Bill, me and millions of PS2 owners don't have Halo.  Do you honestly believe that we aren't going to buy the PS3 because of Halo3?  I think that qualifies as hype as well.
,
,

,
very good post, esp the highlighted red part
Photobucket
Message 19 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/27/2004
Offline
4451 posts
 

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005

,
,
,SOCOM kid wrote:


,
very good post, esp the highlighted red part

,
,
Thank you.  I'm trying not buying into either companies' hype.  As a PS2 owner, I have many reasons to purchase a PS3.  Microsoft has released a lot of information which has been so clearly tainted, that it has turned me off to the X360.  What Sony has released to this point seems pretty straightforward.  Yeah, there are holes in the info they have released (we don't really know much about the RSX, for example).  But at least they haven't been publishing information which is blatent crap.
Message 20 of 36 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes