Treasure Hunter
8788 posts

Re: so are we really gonna sit around til sometime..

May 30, 2005
exactly, all of microsoft's slanting and misconceptions have really turned me off as well,
Photobucket
Message 21 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 30, 2005

,SOCOM kid wrote:

,D_Pyro wrote:

,hhhercules_23 wrote:
That's what I'm saying.  It's going to have to suck to wait an extra i dunno 6 months or so for the PS3.  I've alwasys been a playstation guy so I dunno, maybe this time around I'll go for the XBox 360, it is coming out 6 months earlier or even longer!  I think the PS3 at least on paper and with the games shown is better, even though the games weren't running off the PS3, just off what the PS3 is supposed to be like.  But XBox 360 will be out in just 6 months!  In time for the holiday season at 300$, and we're supposed to wait for sony and their PS3 which might be a little better, but for so many more months.  I mean damn.   No reason PS3 should be coming out so much later, especially when if it is, it's still not going to be soooo much superior to the 360.  I'm seriously probably just going to go with the 360.  Though if released at the same time, I'd go with the PS3.  It sucks....   if GTA 4 were to come out on XBox 360 at the same time as ps3 or even liek 2 months later, I'd go with XBox 360 no hesitations.  W/e I'm not waitng, you all can.  I'll be playing next gen shiat this christmas.  Sony, you dissapoint me....
Sony releases a console every 6 years...They started out with PS1 in 1994, then released PS2 in 2000. So the next step is PS3 in 2006. Microsoft is releasing early because they aren't making money off the XBox (thats why their gonna stop production on it - meanwhile PS2 and the redesiged PS2 will be steady). Remember, good things come to those who wait....

FINALLY SOME1 WITH SOME SENCE!!! D_Pyro ftw ( for teh win )

well, a lot of us have both systems and are planning on buying both next gen systems.. If halo 3 comes out near the time that ps3 comes out, ps3 will just have to wait for me..  Halo2 still consumes a lot of my gaming time (online) and when 3 comes out it will consume that much more IMO.  So, if I had to choose, ps3 waits for a few months.
Message 22 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 30, 2005

,SOCOM kid wrote:
MS has to live up to their statement saying that xbox 360 is more powerful than ps3, which its not.. so there is 1 MS lie.. how many more have they said? ,

fact is, is that we dont know yet which one is more powerful when it pertains to gaming..  One or the other may look more powerful on paper (numbers can be made to look better for either side), but we dont know yet which one is better overall for gaming..  And, we wont know this until a year or more from now...
Message 23 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4451 posts

May 30, 2005

,Five0Four wrote:

,SOCOM kid wrote:
MS has to live up to their statement saying that xbox 360 is more powerful than ps3, which its not.. so there is 1 MS lie.. how many more have they said? ,

fact is, is that we dont know yet which one is more powerful when it pertains to gaming..  One or the other may look more powerful on paper (numbers can be made to look better for either side), but we dont know yet which one is better overall for gaming..  And, we wont know this until a year or more from now...

You're right, we won't know for at least year (I think about 2-3 years).  But the fact that MS has already stated "X360 is more powerful" was just plain dumb on their part.
Message 24 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

May 30, 2005

Smoooff Ed wrote:

SOCOM kid wrote:

very good post, esp the highlighted red part

Thank,you.  I'm trying not buying into either companies' hype.  As,a PS2 owner, I have many reasons to purchase a PS3.  Microsoft has,released a lot of information which has been so clearly tainted, that,it has turned me off to the X360.  What Sony has released to this point seems pretty straightforward. ,Yeah, there are holes in the info they have released (we don't really,know much about the RSX, for example).  But at least they haven't,been publishing information which is blatent crap.

Cant,forget what happened at e3 with all those pre-rendered demos. ,They basically let us believe they were in-game to build up the,hype.  Sony aint very trustworthey either sometimes too.
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4451 posts

May 30, 2005

,Five0Four wrote:

well, a lot of us have both systems and are planning on buying both next gen systems.. If halo 3 comes out near the time that ps3 comes out, ps3 will just have to wait for me..  Halo2 still consumes a lot of my gaming time (online) and when 3 comes out it will consume that much more IMO.  So, if I had to choose, ps3 waits for a few months.

I'm still undecided on the X360...I may buy one, but then again, I may not.  I won't be the first in line, that's for certain.   As for Halo3, there are a lot of die-hard gamers who do have both systems, and will get both the PS3 and the X360.  I don't really think it is a bad thing for Sony if Halo3 is released the same day.  It is almost certain that there will be shortages of both systems when they are released.  This could just spread out the demand for the PS3.  Why is this good for Sony?  Because you potentialy have a lot of "die-hard" customers who aren't upset because they couldn't get their new PS3 when they wanted it.  Just my thought.
Message 26 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 30, 2005

,SOCOM kid wrote:
exactly, all of microsoft's slanting and misconceptions have really turned me off as well ,

this is a funny statement...  Microsoft has said, this is what we have, this is how far it is in development, this is what we are going to do with it.. Its only 25% completed and running on inferrior emmulators, but, would you like to play and see it?

Sony has said, this is our mega machine, these are the games we are planning for it, here it is in "real time", this is what it can do.. (then the developer of the game says "no, its video")..     I own ps2, and Im planning on buying ps3 and Im a fan of both sytems, but I can honestly say, HONESTLY mind you, that microsoft has delivered, and sony has left me skeptical. they did it with ps2, and they are doing it again with ps3.

Message 27 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8788 posts

May 30, 2005
u win ,
Photobucket
Message 28 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 30, 2005

,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,Five0Four wrote:

,SOCOM kid wrote:

You're right, we won't know for at least year (I think about 2-3 years).  But the fact that MS has already stated "
,Smoooff Ed wrote:
You're right, we won't know for at least year (I think about 2-3 years).  But the fact that MS has already stated "X360 is more powerful" was just plain dumb on their part.

Actually, this is a true statement..   AND  Sony said the same thing which was also a true statement..  weve allready seen where the numbers can be disected to make either console look more powerful..  each company even has bar graphs to prove it..
Message 29 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

May 30, 2005
Its called the PSP
In All Sincerity,

Captain Aubrey
Message 30 of 36 (0 Views)
0 Likes