Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 11 2011
By: bobizarro First Son 13 posts

stop this spaming rumor about Playstation Network users have to pay for playing online

11 replies 1819 views Edited Feb 11, 2011

My son received a message in his message box from a person in the players met section, the message read, Hello there Playstation Network user I'm Kevin Butler from the Sony Entertainment Company I would like to stop this spaming rumor about Playstation Network users have to pay for playing online please help me stop the rumor spaming if you send this to 35 people you will be granted $37 on playstation store just check your wallet money on playstation store.This message is tracked by me Kevin and Sony Entertainment Company

Is the $37 is it true because he did what the message said and nothing got added to my account,

I told him not to do it but he fell for it, he sent it out to 48 people...... Sorry everybody

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (1,819 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6419 posts

Re: stop this spaming rumor about Playstation Network users have to pay for playing online

Feb 11, 2011

It's a chain letter and it is so fake it's laughable.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (1,820 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Re: stop this spaming rumor about Playstation Network users have to pay for playing online

Feb 11, 2011

i got three words for you

break the chain.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (1,822 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1319 posts

Feb 11, 2011

FFS I still cant believe people still fall for this.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Feb 11, 2011

bobizarro wrote:

My son received a message in his message box from a person in the players met section, the message read, Hello there Playstation Network user I'm Kevin Butler from the Sony Entertainment Company I would like to stop this spaming rumor about Playstation Network users have to pay for playing online please help me stop the rumor spaming if you send this to 35 people you will be granted $37 on playstation store just check your wallet money on playstation store.This message is tracked by me Kevin and Sony Entertainment Company

Is the $37 is it true because he did what the message said and nothing got added to my account,

I told him not to do it but he fell for it, he sent it out to 48 people...... Sorry everybody

Don't believe everything you read lol that's a scam letter ...never give out details either

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Feb 15, 2011

K-VON wrote:

FFS I still cant believe people still fall for this.

I can....Idiots are the majority.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 4, 2011

Yeah break the chain

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Mar 6, 2011

it tells me some code then this

put the playstation card store and you will get 50.00 but you need to send to all your friends i swear i just typed in the code does work, it is coming up to ps3's 4th birthday and for sony and all psn users to celebrate we are offering $40 on the psn store for everyone who spreads the news to all of thier friends (including the one who sent you this message) once you do this an alert message will come up on screen and tell you a unique code that will give you this money on the psn.

let me know if this is a scam or no

is this a chian letter has well cause from now on any friends who mail me this stuff are off my friend list as of today.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Mar 6, 2011

What does your sniff test tell you?

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2380 posts

Mar 6, 2011

I send them back messages saying

PSN has block you IP to this user

TCP/

IP error code

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes