Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 15 2013
By: ColorlessMage Lombax Warrior 117 posts

what is sony thinking?

21 replies 267 views Edited May 15, 2013

So you release the biggest title EXCLUSIVE....on a current gen system when your next gen system is around the corner.

why?...I mean it's not like the VITA or PS4 could use a heavy hitting title like GT >.>

Is that big userbase worth a slow ps4 launch and a handheld wasteland?

Message 1 of 22 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14461 posts

Re: what is sony thinking?

May 15, 2013

Shhhh. Do you hear that? It's the sound of Sony PlayStation saying GT6 will not be on PS4. Wait. I don't hear anything. Do you hear something I don't?

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 22 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 15, 2013
I find myself asking what Sony is thinking eighty times a week.
Message 3 of 22 (258 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2202 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

No one said it isn't going on the PS4. No one knows definitively (beside Sony, of course.) when the PS4 is coming out so they will likely wait for the official announcement of the consoles release date to reveal what games will be issued upon launch. Is it possible GT6 won't be a launch title? Perhaps. There has been no announcement about that though. 

Message 4 of 22 (250 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8462 posts

May 15, 2013

ColorlessMage wrote:

So you release the biggest title EXCLUSIVE....on a current gen system when your next gen system is around the corner.

why?...I mean it's not like the VITA or PS4 could use a heavy hitting title like GT >.>

Because that's not how game design works.  GT6 has likely been in development since shortly after GT5 launched a few years ago.  If PD was to scrap GT6 for the PS3, it would not be ready for the PS4 for at least three years (completely different hardware set to code it for).  It is also possible that GT6 will eventually be on both consoles (depending on if PD does have a PS4 contingency in place).

Besides that, the PS3 will continue to be an active platform long after the PS4 launches, since 1) not everyone will want to drop $500 on a new console on day 1 and 2) not everyone that wants a PS4 on Day 1 is going to get one.  A number of the announced PS4 games are actually being developed concurrently for both consoles (ACIV, Diablo III, etc).  As I stated above, it is possible that GT6 is being developed for both.

Message 5 of 22 (241 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

ColorlessMage wrote:

Because that's not how game design works.  GT6 has likely been in development since shortly after GT5 launched a few years ago.  If PD was to scrap GT6 for the PS3, it would not be ready for the PS4 for at least three years (completely different hardware set to code it for).  It is also possible that GT6 will eventually be on both consoles (depending on if PD does have a PS4 contingency in place).

Besides that, the PS3 will continue to be an active platform long after the PS4 launches, since 1) not everyone will want to drop $500 on a new console on day 1 and 2) not everyone that wants a PS4 on Day 1 is going to get one.  A number of the announced PS4 games are actually being developed concurrently for both consoles (ACIV, Diablo III, etc).  As I stated above, it is possible that GT6 is being developed for both.

But releasing it around the time the ps4 launch(yea I know it hasn't been told when it'll launch but we all know the aimed near the holidays)?...I don't understand making such a move.

Message 6 of 22 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2510 posts

May 15, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

The PSV will, theoretically, continue to be an active platform long after the PS3; yet instead of getting a much needed AAA it gets nothing. I'm not going to lie, pretty disappointed that this will be PS3 only (so far)~.

Message 7 of 22 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Sony knows what they are doing with GT6... for those who are looking for a racer on PS4, then Drive Club is what you will get to start out with.  Doesn't really make sense to have 2 racers at launch. Yes, I know one is arcadish, while the other is simulation but still I think they realize that as far as install base and development time, GT6 fits on PS3. 

It would be nice to see an iteration on the Vita as well (maybe not GT6, but some sort of GT), but I do not mind it being a PS3 exclusive if thats the case.  I mean, who knows if the logitech driving force GT will be compatible with PS4.. It most likely will but I don't wanna stick my head too far in the clouds.  

Other than that this game will probably be the last PS3 game I purchase before venturing to the PS4 realm sometime next year. 

Message 8 of 22 (206 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

May 15, 2013

Besides, Putting GT6 on the PS3 could help boost sales at the end of the PS3's life.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 9 of 22 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 15, 2013

Do you guys realize that not everyone has the money to buy a new system on launch? 

Besides, it's more than likely that this game will see the light on PS4 sooner or later.

Message 10 of 22 (178 Views)
0 Likes