Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Re: what is sony thinking?

May 15, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

Sony knows what they are doing with GT6... for those who are looking for a racer on PS4, then Drive Club is what you will get to start out with.  Doesn't really make sense to have 2 racers at launch. Yes, I know one is arcadish, while the other is simulation but still I think they realize that as far as install base and development time, GT6 fits on PS3. 

It would be nice to see an interation on the Vita as well (maybe not GT6, but some sort of GT), but I do not mind it being a PS3 exclusive if thats the case.  I mean, who knows if the logitech driving force GT will be compatible with PS4.. It most likely will but I don't wanna stick my head too far in the clouds.  

Other than that this game will probably be the last PS3 game I purchase before venturing to the PS4 realm sometime next year. 

Doesn't seem like it...seriously in what world of sense would you release a heavy hitter like GT around the time of the ps4.Not too many average joe's will try out something like drive club when a new GT is out,it's only hurting the ps4's launch.

and I'm pretty sure alot of vita owners(in US/eur atleast) would rather play a GT vita title rather through intergration.

Message 11 of 22 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

May 15, 2013

are you buying a PS4 at launch?

Message 12 of 22 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11776 posts

May 15, 2013

Hasn't Sony only just reached profitability with the PlayStation 3 in the past couple of years? The company's going to try to sell the PlayStation 3 for awhile more I can imagine. If having Gran Turismo 6 on the platform will move more consoles, then you can bet that they'll get more money in that regard from racing aficionados.

The PlayStation 3 has a much wider audience than the nonexistent one on the PlayStation 4 right now. Not to mention, as has been pointed already, Gran Turismo 6 has to have been in development since the debut of Gran Turismo 5. Switching tracks would probably mean a lengthier development time. If you remember though, Gran Turismo 4 did release on the PlayStation 2 before the launch of the PlayStation 3. We've had two Gran Turismos on each Sony console. Two were on the first, two on the second, and now two will be available on the PlayStation 3 (this not counting the Prologue edition). If history continues that will mean that Gran Turismo will see two PlayStation 4 editions of its own.

Message 13 of 22 (123 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 15, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

are you buying a PS4 at launch?

Unless i see some better stuff for launch,no.

Message 14 of 22 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

ColorlessMage wrote:

If you aren't buying a PS4 at launch, I dont really see the point of arguing about this game not coming to PS4.  I am sure that there will be a GT for PS4 eventually and it probably is in development already. 

Message 15 of 22 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

May 15, 2013

who said this was the biggest title EXCLUSIVE beside the OP?

Message 16 of 22 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 15, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

ColorlessMage wrote:

If you aren't buying a PS4 at launch, I dont really see the point of arguing about this game not coming to PS4.  I am sure that there will be a GT for PS4 eventually and it probably is in development already. 

I know that there will be a GT for the ps4,i'm talking about why choosing to launch it now hurting the next system's launch.

Also like juan said before...no vita version announced just seems like such a bad move.

Message 17 of 22 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

this should make you feel slightly better. Source

I personally still don't think it's going to really diminish the sales of the PS4, I mean, there is just really too much about PS4 that people are interested in, plus the games that have been announced already are pretty stellar. 

I never said GT on Vita was not good, in fact I said that it would be nice to see a version of GT on Vita and I would probably buy it right on the day it came out; however, it doesn't bother me if it isn't on Vita because I prefer to play GT, and really any racer, with a Racing Wheel, not a controller. 

Gran Turismo 6 'In Mind' For PS4
PS3 may not be the only landing pad for Polyphony Digital's next game.

Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that the upcoming sixth entry in the racing simulator series is also being considered for release on PlayStation 4.

Speaking at today’s Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary event at Silverstone racetrack in England, Yamauchi told IGN, “We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind, but for this holiday season, we thought it would be best for users to release on PS3 for now.”

Players eager to race around the world’s most iconic stadiums in all their next generation glory may want to put their brakes on though. Yamauchi adds, “I thought the best scenario would be to have the game come out, then to have new scenarios, new DLC and other updates. Once the players have thoroughly played out the system, if the PlayStation 4 version came out naturally, as part of that process, I think that would be the best scenario.”

Asked whether progress could be transferred from PS3 to future PS4 versions of the game, Yamauchi would only offer a coy “probably”.

Expect more info on the PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 to be announced closer to the PS3 version’s release.

Message 18 of 22 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

May 15, 2013
I know of more people looking forward to Killzone, inFamous, Watch Dogs, and Knack than Gran Turismo 6. Yes, Gran Turismo is a front runner for driving/racing games, but I don't think it would do exceptionally well as a release title for the ps4. It just has to much competition with more popular genres. I'm not saying that the game wouldn't sell, I just think people would pass it up for other titles.
My PSN
Message 19 of 22 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 15, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

this should make you feel slightly better. Source

I personally still don't think it's going to really diminish the sales of the PS4, I mean, there is just really too much about PS4 that people are interested in, plus the games that have been announced already are pretty stellar. 

I never said GT on Vita was not good, in fact I said that it would be nice to see a version of GT on Vita and I would probably buy it right on the day it came out; however, it doesn't bother me if it isn't on Vita because I prefer to play GT, and really any racer, with a Racing Wheel, not a controller. 

Gran Turismo 6 'In Mind' For PS4
PS3 may not be the only landing pad for Polyphony Digital's next game.

Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that the upcoming sixth entry in the racing simulator series is also being considered for release on PlayStation 4.

Speaking at today’s Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary event at Silverstone racetrack in England, Yamauchi told IGN, “We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind, but for this holiday season, we thought it would be best for users to release on PS3 for now.”

Players eager to race around the world’s most iconic stadiums in all their next generation glory may want to put their brakes on though. Yamauchi adds, “I thought the best scenario would be to have the game come out, then to have new scenarios, new DLC and other updates. Once the players have thoroughly played out the system, if the PlayStation 4 version came out naturally, as part of that process, I think that would be the best scenario.”

Asked whether progress could be transferred from PS3 to future PS4 versions of the game, Yamauchi would only offer a coy “probably”.

Expect more info on the PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 to be announced closer to the PS3 version’s release.

"Expect more info on the PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 to be announced closer to the PS3 version’s release."

Hope that's the case...now someone go ask about a vita version and everything is at ease.

Message 20 of 22 (83 Views)
0 Likes