Oct 27 2013
By: RokoHunter Lombax Warrior 148 posts

why all the hate on call of duty?

64 replies 458 views Edited Oct 27, 2013
i don't understand why everyone is hating on cod.
how can cod be a bad game,it has a huge fanbase and sells millions of copies each year (9 millions black ops 2 copies were sold).
everyone say cod sux but yet it's the most famous online game.
Message 1 of 65 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35893 posts

Re: why all the hate on call of duty?

Oct 27, 2013

TotalWafflez wrote:

Because Call of Duty was ruined by hackers and cheaters and racist little brats on the game who don't know how to shut there mouths..

THIS!

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 65 (443 Views)
MVP Support
12827 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I don't mind COD. I play it every now and then. It's a convenient game to play with my friends because anyone can play it, regardless of skill level
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 65 (436 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 27, 2013

The online community is horrible, the game is the same rehashed game we have seen for years now. Graphics barely improve and its been running on the same game engine since before the PS3 was out, it just keeps getting minor tweaks to keep the fanbase happy.

Much of the hate of COD comes from those who played it for years and have seen very little to no improvements from year to year. Its not just people saying they hate COD for no reason. I had MW, MW2, BOI and BOII and MW3 and by the end I was just sick of it for all the stuff I mentioned above. 

Its fine that COD wants to be a run and gun fast pace shooter b/c that is far from what Battlefield 4 is but the complaint is not that. Its the fact that in BF4 there have been great improvements from game to game, more added realistic destruction, 64 players online and being able to use tanks and planes and helicopters has always been a plus. And when we come to COD what new huge thing did they do for the game for the new consoles? They added a dog..Big whoop. BF4 kills dogs!!! Take that COD.

Message 4 of 65 (434 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Oct 27, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:
how can cod be a bad game,it has a huge fanbase and sells millions of copies each year (9 millions black ops 2 copies were sold).

Put activision in EA's place on this video

Message 5 of 65 (430 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 27, 2013

MuzikFreq wrote:

RokoHunter wrote:

Put activision in EA's place on this video

^^^^^ This..... So True.

Message 6 of 65 (419 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Oct 27, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:

Justin Bieber is popular too. Doesn't mean he's as talented as all his fans think he is.
Same with One Direction and all those other teen girl bands. 

If you're a wrestling fan you should look at Call of Duty as the John Cena of video games. He's popular amongst a large variety of people, except the hardcore wrestling fans, we don't hate him because he's a bad guy, we're just sick of the same crap over and over again.

The fact is popularity doesn't make something great. I mean if we're talking sales and tickets sold it might, but to the people who really get it.. It's just not.

I've never hated Call of Duty, but I do dislike the fanbase and I dislike the fact everyone assumes it's the greatest game to ever come along (much like the Beliebers and Cena fans do respectively), but it just got old doing the same thing over and over again. Even with that said though, I might still play the game once in awhile if it weren't for the community. The game has one of the worst gaming communities I've ever seen. I'll always take quality over quantity. 

Your rules don't apply to me.
Message 7 of 65 (415 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Oct 27, 2013

RageInducedGamer wrote:

RokoHunter wrote:

Justin Bieber is popular too. Doesn't mean he's as talented as all his fans think he is.
Same with One Direction and all those other teen girl bands. 

If you're a wrestling fan you should look at Call of Duty as the John Cena of video games. He's popular amongst a large variety of people, except the hardcore wrestling fans, we don't hate him because he's a bad guy, we're just sick of the same crap over and over again.

The fact is popularity doesn't make something great. I mean if we're talking sales and tickets sold it might, but to the people who really get it.. It's just not.

I've never hated Call of Duty, but I do dislike the fanbase and I dislike the fact everyone assumes it's the greatest game to ever come along (much like the Beliebers and Cena fans do respectively), but it just got old doing the same thing over and over again. Even with that said though, I might still play the game once in awhile if it weren't for the community. The game has one of the worst gaming communities I've ever seen. I'll always take quality over quantity. 

You said it all man.  That is so true.  People think that because something is so popular it is the most amazing thing.  ( PS4 is an exception because it is the best console LOL.)  But I dont hate COD but it got so repetitive and people dont see it.  I want innovation not repetition. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 8 of 65 (392 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Oct 27, 2013
ok i see,thanks for clearing it out for me guys.
@darkforcegold well said my friend.
i will be getting BF4 then Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 65 (383 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 27, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:
ok i see,thanks for clearing it out for me guys.
@darkforcegold well said my friend.
i will be getting BF4 then Smiley Wink

You can buy whatever game you want, Don't buy COD just b/c its popular, and don't buy BF4 b/c everyone hates on COD. They are two different types of FPS and really can't be compared except for the fact that COD does the same old thing game to game with the same old graphics but some people don't care b/c they like the run and gun fast pace shooters while BF4 is more team and goal driven where you can't play as the lone wolf and run the map, except for maybe TDM.  If you want a game that push's new hardware on the PS4 and is built as a next gen game then get BF4. There is nothing about COD that would keep it from being a PS3 game ( except for running at 1080P on the PS4 but not the XB1)

Message 10 of 65 (268 Views)