Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: why all the hate on call of duty?

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

maybe people buy cod just because it's cod (a name) and they always will.

Message 21 of 65 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Oct 27, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Because every person you play as is a generic, stupid, jarhead American soldier/marine. Who is so patriotic its unreal.

Next time, can we have someone who isn't American?

When other countries buy as many video games as the United States does, then you can have them.

Eurgh. No thanks. I've had enough of the U.S. Army, that's all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 22 of 65 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Oct 27, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:
ok i get it COD and Justin Beiber both sux lol (joking...or am i?).

COD doesnt suck 100% its just that it get so repetitive that it can get annoying.  But you can play and have fun when there is not some racist, bad talking, back talking, dont-know-how-to-lose kids then you can play it haahah.

Justin Beiber sucks in all his name and everything that has to do with him.  He should play COD but in real life and well you know what will happen haha.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 23 of 65 (159 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29187 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Because every person you play as is a generic, stupid, jarhead American soldier/marine. Who is so patriotic its unreal.

When other countries buy as many video games as the United States does, then you can have them.

Are you talking about the online characters, or the single player characters? Because not for nothing, the online characters really aren't nation specific. And the single player characters have been predominantly, at least in the Modern Warfare series, British. For as much as people laud the Battlefield Series, ALL of the characters are US Army Rangers or US Navy (pilots), yet nobody has a problem with that. Is it because the words "Call" and "Duty" don't appear on the cover? Again, the United States spends the most money on video games, so they are going to cater to their largest audience. When another country spends that kind of money, then they'll change. Until then, I'm going to file this under "talking points".
Message 24 of 65 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Oct 27, 2013
@darkforcegod u are funny lol
do u mind if i add u?
Message 25 of 65 (148 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Oct 27, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:
@darkforcegod u are funny lol
do u mind if i add u?

No I dont mind. LOL.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 26 of 65 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Are you talking about the online characters, or the single player characters? Because not for nothing, the online characters really aren't nation specific. And the single player characters have been predominantly, at least in the Modern Warfare series, British. For as much as people laud the Battlefield Series, ALL of the characters are US Army Rangers or US Navy (pilots), yet nobody has a problem with that. Is it because the words "Call" and "Duty" don't appear on the cover? Again, the United States spends the most money on video games, so they are going to cater to their largest audience. When another country spends that kind of money, then they'll change. Until then, I'm going to file this under "talking points".

Single player. Online aren't as bad - they hardly say anything.

FYI: I don't like the Americans in Splinter Cell, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and Aliens: CM   

OK, take MW3 as an example. The first level, the one in New York, you're a Delta guy, and all your teammates are just saying generic military cliches, all comms are just as mass of 'Roger...'. They have NO personality, they just follow orders around like they are robots, with NO morals, just slaughtering people left right and centre, like on the GTA parody of Call of Duty 'Righteous Slaughter'

Its kind of like the US Army/Navy/Air Force in real life... just look at all the damning stuff Bradley Manning released

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 27 of 65 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 27, 2013

At least Sam Fisher has a life. He has a back story which isn't all 'heroic' + he has a daughter.

Message 28 of 65 (122 Views)
Splicer
89 posts

Oct 27, 2013

I just dont understand why anyone would want to play their games. It feels like the same old boring thing every year. I can play it, but after 2 weeks it gets pretty old. And half of the copies sold are bought by parents for their kids who can barely see over the counter at gamestop

Message 29 of 65 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4995 posts

Oct 27, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:
i don't understand why everyone is hating on cod.
how can cod be a bad game,it has a huge fanbase and sells millions of copies each year (9 millions black ops 2 copies were sold).
everyone say cod sux but yet it's the most famous online game.

So selling a lot of copies makes something good? By that logic, Drake is a great musician because he sells a lot albums.

notoffensivename.jpg

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 30 of 65 (168 Views)
0 Likes