Sackboy
533 posts

Re: why all the hate on call of duty?

Oct 27, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

TotalWafflez wrote:

Because Call of Duty was ruined by hackers and cheaters and racist little brats on the game who don't know how to shut there mouths..

THIS!

BRIT-KO

Message 31 of 65 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Oct 27, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

RokoHunter wrote:
i don't understand why everyone is hating on cod.
how can cod be a bad game,it has a huge fanbase and sells millions of copies each year (9 millions black ops 2 copies were sold).
everyone say cod sux but yet it's the most famous online game.

So selling a lot of copies makes something good? By that logic, Drake is a great musician because he sells a lot albums.

If he sells a lot of albums, he's clearly pretty popular, defined by ones popularity that would make him one of the most liked artists.

Musician may be pushing it though.

Regardless obviously those people think he's good otherwise they wouldn't buy his stuff.

No, I don't like him. But I'm not going to claim he's not talented. If he wasn't he wouldn't have even an inch of sales figures to keep his career going.

Take my word for it, if people don't like something they wont buy it, same goes for Call of Duty. It's pretty identical to my hate for God of War. It's not important though, others like it, not that I will ever understand it but clearly they are doing something right.

Message 32 of 65 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Oct 27, 2013

yes the fanbase does suck but also the game is not to real as for the game play quickscoping yeah ok you may get lucky but in real life would never happen at all i want i want a game that is more to real life to play and really more so in  a war type game but that is just me.

Message 33 of 65 (157 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28682 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Because every person you play as is a generic, stupid, jarhead American soldier/marine. Who is so patriotic its unreal.

Next time, can we have someone who isn't American?

When other countries buy as many video games as the United States does, then you can have them.

Eurgh. No thanks. I've had enough of the U.S. Army, that's all.

Are you talking about the online characters, or the single player characters? Because not for nothing, the online characters really aren't nation specific. And the single player characters have been predominantly, at least in the Modern Warfare series, British. For as much as people laud the Battlefield Series, ALL of the characters are US Army Rangers or US Navy (pilots), yet nobody has a problem with that. Is it because the words "Call" and "Duty" don't appear on the cover? Again, the United States spends the most money on video games, so they are going to cater to their largest audience. When another country spends that kind of money, then they'll change. Until then, I'm going to file this under "talking points".

Single player. Online aren't as bad - they hardly say anything.

FYI: I don't like the Americans in Splinter Cell, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and Aliens: CM   

OK, take MW3 as an example. The first level, the one in New York, you're a Delta guy, and all your teammates are just saying generic military cliches, all comms are just as mass of 'Roger...'. They have NO personality, they just follow orders around like they are robots, with NO morals, just slaughtering people left right and centre, like on the GTA parody of Call of Duty 'Righteous Slaughter'

Its kind of like the US Army/Navy/Air Force in real life... just look at all the damning stuff Bradley Manning released

This is the most asinine thing I've ever read. "generic military cliche's, all comms are just a mass of "Roger..."? What do you want them to say? "Totally rad man!!!"? The military speaks in clear concise terms, so that way there's no mistaking the meaning is. You know why you "follow orders"? Because people are DEPENDING on you to follow them, and that is what gets you out ALIVE. And who else do you want to defend New York City? The Fins?

People always ask what do I mean when I say "gamer logic", well you're seeing it here in SPADES. Video games have skewed your thinking to the point where you think everything should resemble a slacker skateboard video. And Bradly Manning has nothing to do with this, so I don't think you're any smarter for mentioning him/her.

Message 34 of 65 (153 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Oct 27, 2013

And on the topic of little kids and racism, I've never encountered a racist on killzone/resistance, or even halo. once every month i encounter about one kid to two kids on killzone 2 but they are usually spanish speakers most of the time Smiley Tongue. So I would say from my experiences, playing these three titles with people on mics has been pleasurable. like durex

KZMProductionsGT
Message 35 of 65 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2444 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Honestly Call of Duty isn't a bad game, the multiplayer is still better (rehash each year or not) than most multiplayer games nowadays. For a pvp game with hosts it has less lag at least from what I've noticed than other games that use similar systems. just compare Uncharted 3 lag to call of duty lag.. its dumb. there's rarely a time I've ever killed somebody and at the same time they killed me in Call of Duty, but other multiplayer games like uncharted, last of us, killzone, and even battlefield this happens all the time.
I'm not some "CoD fanboy" I still prefer battlefield, but I don't think people need to hate CoD, and I know there's a bad community on it sometimes(little kids) but honestly I've seen about the same in every online game I've played.
I'm probably skipping out on Ghosts this year, but the new extinction mode sounds cool.
Message 36 of 65 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Honestly Call of Duty isn't a bad game, the multiplayer is still better (rehash each year or not) than most multiplayer games nowadays. For a pvp game with hosts it has less lag at least from what I've noticed than other games that use similar systems. just compare Uncharted 3 lag to call of duty lag.. its dumb. there's rarely a time I've ever killed somebody and at the same time they killed me in Call of Duty, but other multiplayer games like uncharted, last of us, killzone, and even battlefield this happens all the time.
I'm not some "CoD fanboy" I still prefer battlefield, but I don't think people need to hate CoD, and I know there's a bad community on it sometimes(little kids) but honestly I've seen about the same in every online game I've played.
I'm probably skipping out on Ghosts this year, but the new extinction mode sounds cool.

Its far from better at all. I watch my cousin play it all the time. Ounce you learn a thing or two its same old same old. Easy kill streaks. Also the amount of hackers or cheaters makes the game 1000% not worth it. BO2 came out 3 weeks later I youtubed BO2 cheaters. Sure enough I find vids of a person shooting into a wall and getting kills acrosss the map. He ant even moving. Pure hacks. COD was good in its day but today  it is crap. One reason people buy its cause the amount of people on there  Its a game that so many people have there always some one to play. And far as kids and the pure crap you hear on line. That doubles my reason not to play,

go chat on youtube with MinnesotaBurns. He purpoosely seaked out cheaters and exploit them. Also you got people jumping levels due to cheats I forgot what its called i set bomb you remove it. I reset it you remove it. All earning XP for the same thing over and over again. This is usually set up via 2 friends or new made friends online. They do this earn more stuf and get things 100% unearned in game.

Message 37 of 65 (126 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13475 posts

Oct 27, 2013

I don't mind the Call of Duty franchise at all. If people don't like the games, they're under no obligation to buy them.

Playstation Support Phone Number
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Message 38 of 65 (116 Views)
Survivor
2444 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

Its far from better at all. I watch my cousin play it all the time. Ounce you learn a thing or two its same old same old. Easy kill streaks. Also the amount of hackers or cheaters makes the game 1000% not worth it. BO2 came out 3 weeks later I youtubed BO2 cheaters. Sure enough I find vids of a person shooting into a wall and getting kills acrosss the map. He ant even moving. Pure hacks. COD was good in its day but today  it is crap. One reason people buy its cause the amount of people on there  Its a game that so many people have there always some one to play. And far as kids and the pure crap you hear on line. That doubles my reason not to play,

go chat on youtube with MinnesotaBurns. He purpoosely seaked out cheaters and exploit them. Also you got people jumping levels due to cheats I forgot what its called i set bomb you remove it. I reset it you remove it. All earning XP for the same thing over and over again. This is usually set up via 2 friends or new made friends online. They do this earn more stuf and get things 100% unearned in game.

I haven't personally been effected by these cheaters but I know they are there.  I've seen a lot of easily fake stats, the only time I've ever actually encountered somebody cheating was on black ops 1 with infinite mortar strikes happening on S&D and on w@w(which is really common) where people just do a bunch of modding.  I will say though that cheating happens in other games too, its not as common but its there, hell I've had my system purposely frozen in GTA4 by hackers, then they send you a message saying how'd the freeze go.   

Message 39 of 65 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 27, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

I haven't personally been effected by these cheaters but I know they are there.  I've seen a lot of easily fake stats, the only time I've ever actually encountered somebody cheating was on black ops 1 with infinite mortar strikes happening on S&D and on w@w(which is really common) where people just do a bunch of modding.  I will say though that cheating happens in other games too, its not as common but its there, hell I've had my system purposely frozen in GTA4 by hackers, then they send you a message saying how'd the freeze go.   

agreed its everywhere  but COD is one of the worst places for this.

Message 40 of 65 (171 Views)
0 Likes