Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: why all the hate on call of duty?

Oct 28, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Ok ok maybe that was step too far.... the point is that I kind of want Army Dude to have a bit more personality. Fair play to Treyarch in actually having a character (Mason) who is a bit more interesting than others. IW could learn a lesson from Treyarch, because IW's playable characters are boring - they don't speak, they're like every other friendly soldier.

The dialogue shouldn't only be military terminology (a la Battlefield), the soldiers should have an occasional laugh and a joke, a bit of banter here and there.

I've taken fire. 

Using the of CoD or BF in your example, your wish is entirely unrealistic.  People under that much fire don't exactly "banter".

I'm not defending the "fun factor" of not having a more lively character in these games, but you are treading on very thin ice here.

No no, I understand they can't do that under fire, i mean while they're getting to the next objective.

Okay, then, you're going to have to be a bit more specific as to what your solution is, because now you'rea talking about a context-based addition that could be controlled by a timer, or... I dunno.  Would the game engine calculate how much time has passed since the last time you were shot?  How is that even determined?

I retract my argument.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 61 of 65 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3043 posts

Oct 28, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Akirasolid wrote:

You can switch out COD with Twilight and still get the same responses. Just because something makes millions doesn't mean its always good.

What if I like Twilight...

So far the comparisons have been to things I actually like.

Still doesn't mean its good.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 62 of 65 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 28, 2013

It looks UGLY(even on PS4), the userbase consists mostly of annoying YOUNG children, auto-aim/assist/lock-on(takes little skill), they have not improved the game in years(just constant rehashes).

Message 63 of 65 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13734 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Akirasolid wrote:

You can switch out COD with Twilight and still get the same responses. Just because something makes millions doesn't mean its always good.

What if I like Twilight...

So far the comparisons have been to things I actually like.

Still doesn't mean its good.

To you maybe. But to the millions who have willingly watched and enjoyed it then that isn't the case.

Message 64 of 65 (80 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Oct 30, 2013

it's run it's course.

Time to move to KZSF, Destiny, Planetside, Warframe, Blacklight Retribution

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 65 of 65 (75 Views)
0 Likes