May 04 2013
By: Kali_boiz_4life Sackboy 482 posts

why do sony remove games on ps plus?

8 replies 306 views Edited May 4, 2013

I think sony should keep all the free games on ps plus. And just add new ones every month or so. Kinda like net flix. Old members get all the good games including new one, while new members only have access to the new games put on, they cant play the old games that used to be on for free. If newflix was to keep removing movies/tv shows and only allow the new movies/tv shows, i think ppl probably stop paying for it. Old members and new members pay same price for ps plus, they should get same stuff. just my opinion. Anyone can agree or disagree.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (306 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
22650 posts

Re: why do sony remove games on ps plus?

May 4, 2013

Probably because of licensing agreements, and to give you a reason to join. Ever hear the phrase "for a limited time only"? And there would be no reason to join if it it were the same stuff every month.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (304 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

May 4, 2013
Old members have been paying for the service longer than the new members, so they actually don't pay the same price. If you're new you get what's on the IGC and everything that comes after. A year from now you'll be the "old member" and someone will be the "new member," they'll go through the same thing you're going through.

If all games stood available to Plus members for the long run, there would be no reason for anyone to buy a game that's on Plus when they could get 100+ more games for about $20-30 more. Developers would lose a lot if that was the case.

Also, you must be new to Netflix too because they cycle out their movies all of the time. They license the movie and replace it once the license period is done, if it's popular they'll re-license it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (288 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2302 posts

May 4, 2013
Yea I was just about to say Netflix does remove their shows and movies...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

May 4, 2013

If they did just keep adding and building up the list of free PS Plus games,

1. I think the PS Store would get crowded and lag up at times trying to load all of that. Even if it's like shortcuts stuff on a desktop.

2.. They would probably start raising the price of PS Plus. That's a lot of free games if you think about it. The developers wouldn't make much money nor would PSN.

3. "Limited Time Only" like someone said earlier just go for a 1 year or keep stacking the 3 months ever so often. I think my Brother had 2 months then added a 1 year, then got 3 months free from a "Special Limited Time Offer" so yeah he's pretty set for a while lol

But my question is.. Will PS4 be using PS Plus?

Can I keep my current PSN ID and transfer everything, Along with my PS+?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
537 posts

May 4, 2013

You can still play any of the games that were offered even if they are removed as long as you downloaded them when they were available. You can even delete them and redownload them.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (236 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10479 posts

May 4, 2013

If you didn't like what was on PlayStation Plus at one point then maybe the next month will pull you in. Perhaps only one game catches your eye this month, but a few months down the road you might say, "Hey, there's a whole package here I want. Now I must have PlayStation Plus!"

As others have pointed out, Netflix does junk content from its service too. Many moons ago there was a samurai movie sitting in my queue I would have watched. Coming back to Netflix after some time, it was no longer available. While it would have be nice to have that experience, there is definitely a bunch of other stuff left to occupy time.

With Plus if you keep paying attention to what's coming in and what's leaving, you'll know what your chances are every time this happens. Is paying for Plus each month going to be profitable toward saving you bundles of cash? Depending on what you like and dislike whether free or at a discount, the service cuts its losses but does bring in new shinies to possibly attract a different kind of gamer. Between Plus and Netflix though, it might be good if PlayStation Plus actually held onto a longer list of selections instead of only six or twelve freebies at a time. Netflix by comparison has hundreds, maybe even thousands of shows and movies to surf through. That's where it's kind of impossible to get away since there's always something on. With Plus you're only limited by the time you have available to play each and every game you intend to, and of course whether your harddrive can hold all of them.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

May 4, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Probably because of licensing agreements,

bingo

also the points about it being limited time only entices people to sign-up now instead of waiting for 3 years when there are a mega-load of free games available

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (185 Views)
Sackboy
514 posts

May 5, 2013

Think of it as a perk for being a loyal customer.  The longer you're with the service, the more you are rewarded.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (146 Views)
0 Likes