Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 28 2005
By: TEKKENKing~ Treasure Hunter 8248 posts

why does sony always lower there prices at launch

3 replies 1 views Edited Jun 28, 2005
sony always make there systems overpriced when it's still in waiting and when it's time taking pre-orders for the system they always lower the price. i thinks it's because when they say the ps3 is going to be 400, you really want to get it but your not shur so you work up on buying it for 400, then they lower it so you'll be like they took of 100 dollars, dang i'm going to get it. thats how they make money.
becaus if it starts off with 300 then thats kind of expencive too but if they took off 50 dollars then you'll feel better and get it.
Message 1 of 4 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15688 posts

Re: why does sony always lower there prices at launch

Jun 28, 2005
Because they don't want to raise the price. It's better to over-price first then lower it and make it seem like you're giving people a discount than underprice then raise it at launch and make it seem like you're trying to rip people off.
Message 2 of 4 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21665 posts

Jun 28, 2005

TEKKEN King wrote:
sony always make there,systems overpriced when it's still in waiting and when it's time taking,pre-orders for the system they always lower the price. i thinks it's,because when they say the ps3 is going to be 400, you really want to,get it but your not shur so you work up on buying it for 400, then they,lower it so you'll be like they took of 100 dollars, dang i'm going to,get it. thats how they make money.
becaus if it starts off with 300,then thats kind of expencive too but if they took off 50 dollars then,you'll feel better and get it.

Because sony doesn't,make up pre-order prices, the retailers do.  Its just a guess on,their part as to what the system would cost.  Sony, as well as the,other console makers, often keep the price underwraps till just a few,months before release.

Message 3 of 4 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8402 posts

Jun 28, 2005
Yeah but thats a good thing,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 4 (1 View)
0 Likes