wiil this case protect the ps vita from a drop

3 replies 81 views Edited May 15, 2013
Message 1 of 4 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: wiil this case protect the ps vita from a drop

May 15, 2013
Nope, you just got to think about what you learned in physics class to determine if it will protect or not. Example, my stepfather dropped his iphone from the second floor of a house om the cement floor and it only dented the side. While sitting on the sofa, it dropped from a 3-foot height on the hardwood floor and cracked the glass. Anything is possible depending on the angle. What you are looking for is a shock absorbing material for the faceplate and a case that has some type of foam on the inside. Rubber is a good shock absorbing material but you need a good thickness. The thick plastic covers would be better than metal. In all seriousness what you should look for is a cover that has rubber edges and on the screen it has some type of face plate to protect the screen from edges. Storing you ps vita in a place that is not close to the edge an using wristbands help a lot as well.
Message 2 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7712 posts

May 15, 2013
Posting redundant threads would likely annoy most people into not helping you.

Anyway, I said it once and I'll say it again, I have the same case, yes, it protected it from light drops. I wouldn't count on it, and I think prevention is better than cure so a strap would help.
Message 3 of 4 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

May 15, 2013

do you have a case that fits in with what you said.

Message 4 of 4 (63 Views)
0 Likes