Mar 20 2013
By: AwesomeShockWave Hekseville Citizen 258 posts

will the new vita have HD camera?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 114 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

I heard there is going to be a new vita with 4g. I read about it somewhere but forgot. I dont really care about the 3g/4g thing, but if sony make a new vita with HD camera, i would buy it. I have the launch vita and i use it a lot of taking photos and videos, but the quailty is really bad, not even SD. More like webcam quailty. Vita needs a HD camera.

Message 1 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12704 posts

Re: will the new vita have HD camera?

Mar 20, 2013

They're not making a new Vita.

Not anytime soon at least.

And no, they don't need to add an HD camera. It's a gaming device. Not a camera.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Its rumors, but they say sony is making a new model that will come out when the ps4 does, which include 4g. I dont get why some people say, a game system is for playing games and nothing more. In this day and age, a gaming system is more than just playing games. Its not the 90s, where a game system is to JUST play games anymore. The ps3/vita would be a boring system, if it only play games.

Message 3 of 6 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12704 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

Its rumors, but they say sony is making a new model that will come out when the ps4 does, which include 4g. I dont get why some people say, a game system is for playing games and nothing more. In this day and age, a gaming system is more than just playing games. Its not the 90s, where a game system is to JUST play games anymore. The ps3/vita would be a boring system, if it only play games.

Well those rumors can go out the window. You shouldn't listen to rumors anyway. They rumored that the PS4 wouldn't play used games. They said that it still will.

They said the PSN would go to a paid service. Never did.

If you're talking about that whole "patent design" that was leaked, that was the dev kit model.

They wouldn't make a 4G model. The 3G had rough sales as it is. And thanks to AT&T, it still wouldn't play online.

And seeing as playing games is what I do more than 90% of the time on my PS3/Vita, it wouldn't be a boring system at all.

The Vita has poor sales, and even with the recent surge in Japan, they wouldn't dare re-design it and make a new model with new hardware capabilities at this time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 6 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Mar 20, 2013

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

umm I bought my vita for games only nothing more , I can live without my vita having HD camera lol , in this day and age if I wanted somthing that do more then just play games I wouldn't buy a vita , instade I would have bought a smartphone that can do more then just gaming , and a system is just to play games that what makes the vita special and if that make the vita a boring system then I'm very happy with my boring system .

as for a new model , at least give the vita few years , it's only 1 year old so really there is no point in making new vita model soon.

Message 5 of 6 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16018 posts

Mar 20, 2013

The Vita is yet to be of much success.... its gotten a rocky launch, numbers wise and there isnt much in the list of GOOD games, save for a few.

If the Vita isn't a success, why bother sinking more money into the platform? if the only major difference is going to be an HD camera and 4G connectivity, which would ALSO require a monthly free like the current 3G version, its like you're paying TWICE for internet because thats what you're using the cellular technology for on top of already paying for internet at your home.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 6 of 6 (49 Views)
0 Likes