Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
551 posts

Re: would you more likely to buy ps plus if games are free?

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

maddenglitch2 wrote:

When I first purchased my PS3 i wasexcited about getting a 3 month voucher for playstation plus. They had advertised it that I would get free games, which I did, but for 3 months. When the expiration date rolled around I was surprised when my games wouldn't load anymore. 

Where was it advertised?  I'd assume there was an asterisk on that advertisment, which should always be paid attention to.

Also, there's a warning for every piece of content offered for "free" that it is available only for the length of your subscription, each time you initially "purchase" them.

Those are two warnings that the content is not permanently free.

Message 11 of 29 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

yea yeah, so bacally, its not free. Nexflix doesnt claim, get free movies/tv show for free when you sign up for membership. But sony use that word, free games, a lot. smh

They specifically say "Free to PS+ Subscribers" or "Free for Members" - if you cancel or let your subscription lapse, you're no longer a subscriber or member. There's no lying going on. Grow up.

Message 12 of 29 (153 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15772 posts

Apr 17, 2013

To understand the purpose of Plus, you should have read the fine print.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 13 of 29 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 17, 2013

You're not paying for the games, you're paying for the subscription which so happens to have free games for who ever is a member of Plus along with other benefits.

I wouldn't see it as a "rent", because when you pay another plan, you are not only enabling yourself to play the games you already have, but also getting other ones as well! Basically: "Pay to keep the games, but here's more!". I guess you could say that you're paying for the new content, but if you do some calculations you would notice that the price of the subscription actually is way lower than what they offer. For example the first month I got plus it already exceeded the $50 I payed! The rest of the 11 months was kinda bad though... cuz they kept giving me more games to play! :smileytongue: I had to upgrade my HDD and spend more time on mi PlayStation 3.

Then you get discounts, which are never charged against you if you decide to cancel. I saved like $7 a while ago for GTA: San Andress. Will they ask me for those 7 bucks I didn't spend? Nope.

Now when you're saying that we are lazy to put our saves up or have an actual external HDD well let me say it like this. First of all, the saves are in a clowd way, way up there. I don't have to drag around a HDD to transfer my save to my bro's PS3 when I want to play on his TV or when I visit a friend. Also, I have set my auto-update/storage to around 6AM. A time where I am usually asleep. That way I don't have to spend wake-hours uploading all my saves to the Plus Clowd.

Free games, discounts, auto-update... what am I missing.... oh yeah, as if all that wasn't enought, it is cool to cary around that awesome "Plus" sign around showing you're a PlayStation fan. Unlike other companies *cough*microsoft*cough* where you have to pay and not get anything.

Thanks for reading. Peace.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 14 of 29 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Im not known for defending PS+ but here's my exception. PS+ is like your cable/satellite subscription. As long as you pay your subscription fee you get access to walking dead or mad men or game of thrones. You watch them when they air, dvr them, watch on demand. Stop paying your subscription fee(your cable bill), no more shows. No watching on Sunday night, no dvr, no on demand. Treat PS+ like cable/satellite and you won't be dissappointed, atleast not with that aspect. Now to just get the same "shows" EU gets.
Message 15 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2405 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I'd be more likely to renew my subscription if ps+ would get the store updates on Monday, and/or get all the big games Europe gets. (Not complaining about our games, just saying its annoying seeing them get sleeping dogs, mass effect, and Batman arkham city and the only really recent title we got is spec ops the line. How is 1 game= to 3 games)
Message 16 of 29 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Apr 17, 2013
^ Ditto. Sony NA/in general is not that reliable with their services. Every time I figure its a good deal, some kind of problem occurs within their systems that reminds me why I probably should not bother.
Message 17 of 29 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4228 posts

Apr 17, 2013

deaofly wrote:
I prefer buying games in disk format. They look alot better next to my other PS3, PS2, PS1, and other older collection of games :smileyhappy: Love to show off my collection of games

Same here. I'm a collector. PS+ is great for me, because it allows me to play games I probably wouldn't normally go out and buy.

If it's something I really love, I purchase a physical copy (like Borderlands.)

I don't like the idea of having to download my games if I want to play them. (I usually delete a game after awhile, to save room.)

If the urge suddenly arises to play one of them and my internet is out (or PSN is down) I couldn't get on the store to re-download them. And if I had a huge HDD with all my digital games, and my HDD goes out, I'd have to re-download them all again. No thanks.

Obviously I don't have a choice when it comes to PSN Only titles.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 18 of 29 (106 Views)
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Whatever you (OP) have to say, PS+ is a great deal specially if you spend a lot for games. I was also dissapointed when i found out that you would not be able to play the games you got once out of the subscription but after giving it some thought, the way it works really makes sense.

DEAL WITH IT. LOL

Message 19 of 29 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13713 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Also, the discounts will easily pay off the fees since they are often on new games.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 20 of 29 (88 Views)
0 Likes