Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Re: 1.75 update did not kill... "it"

Mar 2, 2013

Jealousy can be an ugly thing. Sad to think that people get so worked up and basically ruin they're own home experience by complaining about someone else's. Tbh these "Well they're.." or "But that's....." or "I saw them with..." Threads all look like one thing......Childish. Its like see a kindergarten student complain that little Johnny has a different color crayon that you can't have. Sad...............

Home has its own CIA, Didn't you know? .....Contradiction,Ignorance,Assumption.
Everyone is a lunatic its just when will they break from the asylum, I have.
Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.
Message 61 of 133 (156 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Mar 2, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Copyright infringement, because the people who use the program that exploits the items are making a profit off of items that they do not have the rights to sell.

You're then assuming that all people with ISE items have paid someone else to add them to their account. That is clearly not the case and if even if it was, how would it be proven? There may in fact be some law which is being broken but I don't believe you know any more about that than I do. The point is, you really shouldn't make grandiose claims if you don't know the answer.

I have no strong feeling one way or the other about people using the exploit in question. If you do, then fine that's your choice. When you start making claims which you cannot substantiate and suggest that everyone should be offended and make it their duty to report and be outraged just as you are, you lose credibility.

As I said, good luck with your crusade...maybe it will go better this time around than the dozens of other times this topic was brought up here.

Message 62 of 133 (155 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Well if they are not paying someone to add the items then they are still breaching ToS.

And im not jealous btw. I just strongly dislike thrives.
Message 63 of 133 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Theives?... no theifs... theaves?..... you know what i mean

P.s. mobile version needs a spellchecker.
Message 64 of 133 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Mar 2, 2013
And if you have no strong feeling about the exploit in question.. ehay exactly are you here defending it.
Message 65 of 133 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Theives?... no theifs... theaves?..... you know what i mean

P.s. mobile version needs a spellchecker.

thieves

I wasn't defending it per se, merely pointing out that you'd do well to let others make their own decisions and to know that of which you speak.

Message 66 of 133 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks ~_~
Message 67 of 133 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Yes... because so many others continue to point out the greatness of their decision making skills.

Tell your friends dont use these things in public spaces because i will be reporting everyone i see using items that belong to other regions. Hopefully im not doing it alone. But the decision is indeed yours to either let criminals continue to exploit home and its users, or stand up and be the snitch.
Message 68 of 133 (108 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Ive been passively reading these threads over and over and over for weeks. Buck you are not wrong to say what you are saying. ISE hurts Homes bottom line and pushes developers away from the service if people are just going to steal all their items. It has happened, continues to happen and all you forum members condoning it are extremely wrong. You say you care about this service yet you damage it with this bs idea that non ISE users are jealous. That is not true. It hurts the service bottom line and if you really care you would help report. Sony DOES care and has patched it out numerous times only to have it come back. It is an exploit it is against the TOS and the only people defending it are either passively turning a blind eye to it (not helping) or are engaging in ISE practices themselves (also not helping).
Support Forums
Message 69 of 133 (72 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Ive been passively reading these threads over and over and over for weeks. Buck you are not wrong to say what you are saying. ISE hurts Homes bottom line and pushes developers away from the service if people are just going to steal all their items. It has happened, continues to happen and all you forum members condoning it are extremely wrong. You say you care about this service yet you damage it with this bs idea that non ISE users are jealous. That is not true. It hurts the service bottom line and if you really care you would help report. Sony DOES care and has patched it out numerous times only to have it come back. It is an exploit it is against the TOS and the only people defending it are either passively turning a blind eye to it (not helping) or are engaging in ISE practices themselves (also not helping).

Not all of us are defending it, but rather stating that some are ill-informed and that to make claims which aren't true does nothing to help their cause.

The first part of this thread had the OP asking questions about ISE and inquiring whether it is or isn't allowed. Suddenly a few pages later the OP is telling everyone that this is illegal and and it is their duty to report every example they see. What happened to make this person an expert? How is everyone even supposed to know what all the legitimate items are?

I'm not gonna fetch the torch and pitchfork myself and I'm not going to pick sides. Everyone will make their own choice about this matter and in the end it's really Sony's decision whether they wish to enforce rules regarding ISE or anything else for that matter. Nothing will change that.

Message 70 of 133 (59 Views)
0 Likes