Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Re: Updated Through Post # 101

Jun 25, 2009

This is the current data through post 101, n=51

Grade        Frequency            Numerical Equivalent

A+                 2                               (100-97)

A                   2                               (96.9-93)

A-                  2                               (92.9-90)

B+                  5                               (89.9-87)

B                    6                              (86.9-83)

B-                  13                              (82.9-80)

C+                  8                              (79.9-77)

C                    2                               (76.9-73)

C-                   2                              (72.9-70)

D+                  1                               (69.9-67)

D                    4                              (66.9-63)

D-                   4                              (62.9-60)

F                                                   Below 60

n  = 51

median  = B-

mode  =   B-

mean  =   4154/51  = 81.45

Some notes:

Congratulations guys!  Due to your contributions and feedback, we have now surpassed 50 for the sample!

Thank you very much, and I hope we can gather some more user impressions and data.

Message Edited by jiggyteddy on 06-25-2009 09:36 AM
Message 100 of 169 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Re: Grades Are In! Whats Your's? (n=101, mean=81.45, B-) UPDATED 6/25!

Jun 25, 2009

I personally think Home has made great strides in the right direction since the closed beta period in which I participated. There are so many more game spaces, my personal favorites being Socom, Resistance 2, Siren, and the EA complex for the poker tables. I also like the new private spaces, most notably the Chamber apartment ( I have always been a sucker for fantasy settings). I agree to a point regarding the voice communication. I realize that global communication is crucial to the overall social experience, but I think there needs to be certain safeguards in place to allow people who do not wish to hear the inevitable immature comments that would take place if global communication were to be reenabled.

I am fairly indifferent on the picture frame issue. I don't personally care for the feature, but I understand that it is important to a significant number of users. I have posted my feelings about the charge in other threads, and I stand by my position that they need to generate revenue somewhere since they are not charging for the service as a whole, but I can appreciate the position of those who consider it a core feature and would like a free basic frame. 

I am also relatively indifferent regarding the events, as I have not participated in very many so far.

I would like to see more game launching support, and I am still patiently waiting for the trophy room. I would also like to see a queing system implemented for the various minigames. Sometimes I just want to jump in and play some chess, or some pool, and it is difficult to do so because the games are always occupied, and there is no way to queue up for the next game. 

Overall, I give Home a B.

Message 101 of 169 (22 Views)
tjh
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Re: Your Home 2nd Quarter/Half Year Assessment Grade Is...

Jun 25, 2009
hey can i change my grade from a 65 to a 90
if you have an extra four slurpee points' the 4 point GOW tshirt, or the mountain dew code pm me i could really use it and havnt had any luck getting any.
Message 102 of 169 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jun 25, 2009

tjh wrote:
hey can i change my grade from a 65 to a 90

Sure thing.  I have token note of that and will include it in the next update later in the afternoon.

Thanks for the updated grade tjh.

Message 103 of 169 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Jun 25, 2009

Jiggy love this thread & Everyone who has posted thanks for your feed back some great stuff. I have gotta say about home and a grade for it well I will explain it here.

I have had mix feelings about HOME, I have been banned (wont say y) for a week, of course not my fault but what ever it has happen and its in the past.

My experince in/on HOME has been fun, I had fun when E3 was here at the podium. So I gotta my grade for HOME has to be a(n)

Final Grade  =  B-    

Message 104 of 169 (22 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Jun 25, 2009

I was dissappointed with the "Podium Space" since Tokyo Game Show had a complete replica of the show floor in Home in Japan and with E3 they could have done the same.  But it shows which region is favored and why.

I would give Home and Sony a C...

There is still a lot of improvement to make, the picture frames although usable need fixing since there is to much yellow haze in the photos that you use in the frames... They do not work at 100% reproduction and there is very little you can do to fix the discoloration...  

Message 105 of 169 (22 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8630 posts

Jun 25, 2009

I would like to say thanks for this thread because I do have a few words about Home.

Home is a great idea and I can see why it would be a hit but the problem is that it is not a hit. Well not for me. I barely go into Home and the only time I do is to check some stuff at the Theatre. It is just boring. Yeah you can chat with people about gaming but why can't I just do that in all my games. Would should I have to be inside Home in order to communicate with my gaming friends. Yeah Home is meant for community action but with the amount time waste in it, I could be playing games. 

It is not that I hate Home and I see potential in it but for now it is just another app that needs work. It does seem like a complete product now but it just needs more. 

I would love to see more games within Home. Not arcade games but games like Buzz! for Home. Having games where a mass amount of gamers can get together and actually play a game while talking with others. Other games within Home just seem like demos of games instead of a full side project.

I do like the Home spaces but the problem with that is that it does not have something special to it other than it looks like a place in the game. I could go anywhere in Home and talk about Resistance, no need to go into the Resistance space. If there was something more to do maybe I would go into Home spaces.

Don't want to go on and on about Home since I do like it, but would love for some community needs to come into play while developing it. It is a hard task though when you are making a app that interacts with the community and I clap for the developers, but I just wish there was a reason for me to go into Home.

My grade is a D+

Message Edited by Yigytugd on 06-25-2009 03:06 PM
Message 106 of 169 (22 Views)
Sackboy
560 posts

Jun 25, 2009

Yigytugd wrote:

I would like to say thanks for this thread because I do have a few words about Home.

Home is a great idea and I can see why it would be a hit but the problem is that it is not a hit. Well not for me. I barely go into Home and the only time I do is to check some stuff at the Theatre. It is just boring. Yeah you can chat with people about gaming but why can't I just do that in all my games. Would should I have to be inside Home in order to communicate with my gaming friends. Yeah Home is meant for community action but with the amount time waste in it, I could be playing games. 

It is not that I hate Home and I see potential in it but for now it is just another app that needs work. It does seem like a complete product now but it just needs more. 

I would love to see more games within Home. Not arcade games but games like Buzz! for Home. Having games where a mass amount of gamers can get together and actually play a game while talking with others. Other games within Home just seem like demos of games instead of a full side project.

I do like the Home spaces but the problem with that is that it does not have something special to it other than it looks like a place in the game. I could go anywhere in Home and talk about Resistance, no need to go into the Resistance space. If there was something more to do maybe I would go into Home spaces.

Don't want to go on and on about Home since I do like it, but would love for some community needs to come into play while developing it. It is a hard task though when you are making a app that interacts with the community and I clap for the developers, but I just wish there was a reason for me to go into Home.

My grade is a D+

Message Edited by Yigytugd on 06-25-2009 03:06 PM

I feel the same way man. It's nice to see all the cool spaces popping up and stuff but everything is just eye candy. There needs to be more to do within the spaces, I understand it's a chatroom and stuff but I feel there just needs to be more interaction. What they should do is have a contest where someone who uses home get to go to Sony headquarters for a week and give actual feedback to the people in the Home dev department, or at least have someone in Sony hang out with a group of Home users for a week so they can really feel what the users are going through and talking about in the trenches. It feels like we are all just bugs in a test environment and they don't really feel what we feel cause they are not sitting in home and interacting with the people long enough. They need someone on the Home staff to really sit down and socialize with people in Home like it's not their job to do it, be there for 8 hours straight like some people do. My Grade is overall C-.

Message 107 of 169 (22 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7231 posts

Jun 26, 2009

I'll just break it down by categories and post my overall grade at the end.

Public Spaces: 

Pros - nicely designed landscapes, realistic graphics, cozy settings.

Cons - awful loading times (when changing locations, and when loading actual user avatars), no option to block and remove an avatar entirely from a public space.

Private Spaces:

Pros - intimately crafted designs, the idea is good in concept.

Cons - There's still no interactive appliances that make the private spaces interesting and fresh (No music, no pictures, no TVs, no games).

Pros - ability to make infinitely varying features allowing for very lifelike avatars, fun outfits.

Cons - not enough abilities to customize clothing and accessories (colors, earrings, jewelry), no ability to add muscle within the fitting room.

Mics:

Pros - easy, fast communication within private spaces.

Cons - buggy sometimes, and if they eventually make it to public spaces could become annoying unless there is a setting to automatically block all mics unless you decide to allow someone's mic to open up manually.

If I think of more later, I'll add it, but overall Home grade at it's current stage is:

B+

...because it's heading in the right direction but it still has improvements that could be made.

Message 108 of 169 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7231 posts

Jun 26, 2009
Thanks for stealing my signature, by the way. The least you can do is ask to use it. >.>
Message 109 of 169 (22 Views)
0 Likes