Fender Bender
3264 posts

Re: 3rd Party Developers

May 19, 2013

Lockwood has been a long time favorite of mine for there incredible spaces and clothing items (and bundling price points.)   Hellfire, for thier great games and interactivity with the community.  Lately Granzella has been gaining ground for me.  The City of Flower Penthouse is incredible possibly my new all time favorite  private space.  And they've expanding thier clothing lines to a much broader audience.  The Dani Collection dresses (published by Codeglue) are excellent, they're on my list for a future PSN card!  LOL  (I usually keep an extra PSN card on hand, but my car needs fixin right now, so I'm trying to save money.) Also props for to Codeglue for teaming up with Dani to bring some real-world fasion designs into Home.  While not the first time, it's perhaps my favorite example of real-world items.

Also, I immediatly fell in love with the VEEMEE Megastar Dress and Jacket when I saw it in x7 this week, and it's a great price at $.99.

Message 11 of 36 (237 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 19, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Third party developers are constantly looking for the next hot Home item. Good thing for those who use Home but it is also their job. Their livelihood. I think they do a pretty good job and looking back and seeing some of them grow has been pretty awesome in itself.

Let's talk about a few things.

First off this is not a complaint thread about pricing or items or spaces that have issue but more about the developers themselves and how they are doing. Do They need more competition (Do we need more developers in Home)?  Are they doing their part as far as supply and demand? Who is your favorite? What are you looking for in a Home developer?

I'm sorry but this is a sily question.  Do you really think anyone is going to say "NO, there are way to many items in Home as is!"  If Home is to keep on evolving it needs an never ending list of new stuff being added to Home all the time.  If this was ever to stop then Home would start to die. Do we have enough items every update? you think we need more? How much more?

Asking if you think there needs to be more 3rd party devlopers is like asking a kid if he or she would like to goto an amusement park with just 5 rides or one with over 200 rides.  It's a no brainer! If we had more developers what should they specialize in?

So the question should not be if Home needs more 3rd party devlopers but why doesn't it?  Looks to me like Sony is just not selling their own product.  Or,  is the reason we are not seeing any new 3rd party developers is due to Home being in a beta.

As for your "supply and demand" no shuch thing in a virtual reality world. Can over-saturation come into play here, has it in the past?

Retort in red.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 12 of 36 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 19, 2013

myalana wrote:

I'm looking for the same thing I think a lot of other users are looking for...namely, a Scots accent. I dinnae ken wot ur on about but a Scots accent would win me over in short order. Thank you.

Smiley Very Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 13 of 36 (227 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

May 19, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

myalana wrote:

I'm looking for the same thing I think a lot of other users are looking for...namely, a Scots accent. I dinnae ken wot ur on about but a Scots accent would win me over in short order. Thank you.

Smiley Very Happy

So you don't speak the Scots then *checks off name. Thank you sir.

Message 14 of 36 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 19, 2013

Thats a good question, of course we'd like to see more 3rd part developers in Home.

I think that the way that we buy would be most impacted due to competitive pricing and the quality of content and here's why.

Right now Sony is allowing certain developers to push items out weekly and multi regionally, while there are other development teams flying holding patterns for release of their content.

Without naming any particular 3rd party developers, its funny how one brand can push out bikini after bikini in almost every region, or flood Home with repetitive LMO items at higher prices, while there are several other developers who still have content waiting to put into stores.

Quantity does not reflect quality either. There are also particular brands that are plagued with bugs and issues in their content yet, because of their name and the sheer amount of stuff theyve put out, almost every week they have something else included in the weekly updates. And to add insult to injury its normally at a higher premium than their competitors.

My main concern is should the 3rd party developers concentrate on specific contents. For example theres one brand that makes really nice kitchen stuff (and lately have been stepping their content line up) but are failing in other item areas due to buggy issues in Home.

I've also noticed that when developers try to cover the entire digital content realm by making a little of everything from Personal Spaces to Home games, LMO's, Public Spaces, furnishings and clothing...their prices are always higher. However the smaller brands that focus on specific niche areas in Home are released by Sony less frequently and they tend to have better pricing with less problems.

As long as a few of the development teams are allowed to have a monopoly on content release in Home, our choices will be hampered and its a safe bet we can expect higher prices attached to sub quality content.

So yes, we need more developers, but then again its a lot of stuff that Home needs more of.

Message 15 of 36 (195 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

May 19, 2013

myalana wrote:

Gawsh Smiley Embarassed

You can have mine if you want? Smiley Tongue

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 16 of 36 (192 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 19, 2013

Also...I think eventually it would open the door and create cross promotion between developers.

Imagine a public space that had a little something from each and every developer in it. No monopolies, no ego stroking, just..."look what we made by working together". Now THAT would be interesting.

Message 17 of 36 (187 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 19, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Also...I think eventually it would open the door and create cross promotion between developers.

Imagine a public space that had a little something from each and every developer in it. No monopolies, no ego stroking, just..."look what we made by working together". Now THAT would be interesting.

like this. A space would be cool to see.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 18 of 36 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 19, 2013

Yeah I think thats one of the only things we've never seen in Home. A collaborative effort in part of all of the developers to offer us a public space game like Xi...without any pricing attached to it. Its like their gift to us for our support of them thru the good, bad and ugly. All rewards would be free and I guarantee you that space would be a mainstay and a very well frequented place in Home

Message 19 of 36 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

I think the best way to let a developer know we like them is by buying, owning and using their stuff. I would like to see more outside sponcers( but not over the top commercialization of home) since I believe everyone likes to own unique branded items as they do in rl. I would also like, at least for a short time, more tie in areas/ items from media and games, at least mini-game versions of games sony sells, to see if we would like to buy the whole game or not( like a demo that gives us items).

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 20 of 36 (116 Views)
0 Likes