Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013
The sad truth is we can't stop liking or disliking. We're individual for that reason.. I know I'm not going to change any time soon. I enjoy making fun of some opinions way too much. What can I say I'm only human. And there's always the report button if you don't like it Smiley Very Happy

What I'd suggest is key to survival in forums:
-Be open to new ideas and opinions
-Try not to take everything too personally
-Ask what John Lennon would do Smiley Very Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 51 of 222 (504 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013
EDIT: Since thread has been edited this comment no longer necessary.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 52 of 222 (464 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

May 19, 2013

@Kitty_Pyra lets not make this about you, the OP is a generalization on what has been going on in the forums.  Danger Dad just used your thread as an example of not trolling but how one persons opinion could be considered trolling when in fact it may not be.  Just cause you dont like what someone has to say doesnt make it trolling JSYK.

I found nothing wrong with what Vox Rationis stated in your thread, as a matter of fact I was thinking the same thing, not only about yours but Pink Julias comic strip as well.  IT'S NOT FUNNY,  its merely poking fun at what others do or situations on Home and I dont find that humorous NOW does that make me a Troll?  I honestly dont think so, It is just how I feel, but plenty of others felt otherwise and kudoed your post and thats just how it is, you win some you lose some.  Thats not Trolling!!

To the OP I believe that there has been a lack in moderation in the forums as of late, threads that shouldnt be here as well as  bullying, trolling, derailing, baiting and so forth.  I can see posting videos or pictures to be helpful BUT people are just running a muck here with any video they make or picture.  My thought process is "Why not create a thread to put pictures and one for videos instead of 10 individual post of "OMG look what I did"!!  attention seeking posts.

I am NOT a moderator and its not my job to moderate and or mini mod the forums, so I just dont come as often as I did or just overlook all these and dont comment.  Ive been told that I am bulling by bullies themselves, how does that make sense?  My intent is never to insult, belittle or seem insensitive its just how I say things and I most definetly look up to those who take the high road and ignore such behavior especially if you should set an example like the MVP's. 

Message 53 of 222 (452 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 19, 2013
There, I gave you a kudo. I know me clicking a button and an imaginary number mean so much to you so there you go.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 54 of 222 (433 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

May 19, 2013

Just some friendly advise

There's people in this world that will try to dampen the spirits but you need to stay strong and accept the criticism as constructive not personal or hurtful. Don't be discouraged or lash out, take the high road for it will in the end make you a better person then those who are just trying to cause you strife.

Message 55 of 222 (309 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

May 19, 2013

Tease3211 though:

Thank you, Ed!  

Now the question is how do we as a community get everyone to buy in to commiting to make this a respectful environment to be a part of?

We have no authority to "punish" anyone, that lies with moderation.  So how do we reinforce positive bahavior and discourage negative behavior, within that limitation?

@ chad/kitty - if you wish to continue that discussion please do so elswhere rather than get this thread off topic, thanks!

:^/ An MVP is a role model first, and everything else second. Over the years here and elsewhere, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of just setting the good example. It's worked out pretty well.

Of course, that's not limited to the MVP crew. Everyone leads by example. Just strive for it to be the good example, instead of the other kind. As I like to put it, "be the neighbor you would like to have."

Message 56 of 222 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

May 19, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Tease3211 though:

Thank you, Ed!  

Now the question is how do we as a community get everyone to buy in to commiting to make this a respectful environment to be a part of?

We have no authority to "punish" anyone, that lies with moderation.  So how do we reinforce positive bahavior and discourage negative behavior, within that limitation?

@ chad/kitty - if you wish to continue that discussion please do so elswhere rather than get this thread off topic, thanks!

:^/ An MVP is a role model first, and everything else second. Over the years here and elsewhere, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of just setting the good example. It's worked out pretty well.

Of course, that's not limited to the MVP crew. Everyone leads by example. Just strive for it to be the good example, instead of the other kind. As I like to put it, "be the neighbor you would like to have."

Maybe the older ones.

YB

Message 57 of 222 (283 Views)
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

I heard Sony is stepping up it moderation for US Home, like there really think about banning  IP addresses to those who constantly break the TOS, because now people who breaks the rules think that only the account they are using will get banned and they will make another one. I really hope that US Home follows the JP method on dealing with this type of issues. As well for the fourms well I think they just need to kick the person out after they have broke many of the forums rules and block there IP addresses. 

Message 58 of 222 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 19, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

@Kitty_Pyra lets not make this about you, the OP is a generalization on what has been going on in the forums.  Danger Dad just used your thread as an example of not trolling but how one persons opinion could be considered trolling when in fact it may not be.  Just cause you dont like what someone has to say doesnt make it trolling JSYK.

I found nothing wrong with what Vox Rationis stated in your thread, as a matter of fact I was thinking the same thing, not only about yours but Pink Julias comic strip as well.  IT'S NOT FUNNY,  its merely poking fun at what others do or situations on Home and I dont find that humorous NOW does that make me a Troll?  I honestly dont think so, It is just how I feel, but plenty of others felt otherwise and kudoed your post and thats just how it is, you win some you lose some.  Thats not Trolling!!

To the OP I believe that there has been a lack in moderation in the forums as of late, threads that shouldnt be here as well as  bullying, trolling, derailing, baiting and so forth.  I can see posting videos or pictures to be helpful BUT people are just running a muck here with any video they make or picture.  My thought process is "Why not create a thread to put pictures and one for videos instead of 10 individual post of "OMG look what I did"!!  attention seeking posts.

I am NOT a moderator and its not my job to moderate and or mini mod the forums, so I just dont come as often as I did or just overlook all these and dont comment.  Ive been told that I am bulling by bullies themselves, how does that make sense?  My intent is never to insult, belittle or seem insensitive its just how I say things and I most definetly look up to those who take the high road and ignore such behavior especially if you should set an example like the MVP's. 

I remember if a person posted anything remotely close to a comic strip even if it was about Home, it would get sent to the Playstation Creation thread to get lost in the endless sig testing graveyard no exceptions.  I never understood that,  as far as the content of the comics, that's a whole other bee's nest - I just feel there is enough people out there poking fun of Home I don't feel the need personally to join in, 
but in the same sense I don't think people who posted the comics did it out of hateful spite, they are just trying to poke fun of the less then stellar characters we have on Home, sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves because if we get too serious, then we start to lose that enjoyment and start to sweat the little things.

As far as the silly pictures and videos people put in to exaggerate a point, I did that when I first joined the forum, I was like 15 at the time, so I guess that's the mindset of some people, it doesn't bother me, but most aren't even that funny, and more then not it's used to insult people then for comedic value. Don't get me wrong, there are a few people who know when and where to slap a funny photo, but they are few and far between.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 222 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

Thanks Kitty, I appreciate the nickle!  lol 

I'm not familiar with the film "CyberBully."  I'm going to look that up!

Edit:  You got me curious, so I added it to my movie queue.

People who CyberBully truly has no life, I mean there probably some lazy fat person who still lives in there parents basement and mad at society because no one would give them a job, they have no friends, etc and  they try to get back to the would by bulling through the internet. I mean if your going to stay in your parents basement make more of an effort to at least get of the couch and take a shower or something and not waste your time bullying some one over the internet. 

Message 60 of 222 (231 Views)
0 Likes