Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Thanks Kitty, I appreciate the nickle!  lol 

 

I'm not familiar with the film "CyberBully."  I'm going to look that up!

 

Edit:  You got me curious, so I added it to my movie queue.


People who CyberBully truly has no life, I mean there probably some lazy fat person who still lives in there parents basement and mad at society because no one would give them a job, they have no friends, etc and  they try to get back to the would by bulling through the internet. I mean if your going to stay in your parents basement make more of an effort to at least get of the couch and take a shower or something and not waste your time bullying some one over the internet. 


I think throwing groundless insults out at anyone you consider a cyberbully isn't too grand either. You have to remember psychos, socios and narcissists tend to live great lives and are some of the worst bullies. We can agree on one thing though, there is something rotten about the bullying and at least for portions of time the person doing it.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 61 of 222 (360 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3995 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

MJB2348765 wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Thanks Kitty, I appreciate the nickle!  lol 

 

I'm not familiar with the film "CyberBully."  I'm going to look that up!

 

Edit:  You got me curious, so I added it to my movie queue.


People who CyberBully truly has no life, I mean there probably some lazy fat person who still lives in there parents basement and mad at society because no one would give them a job, they have no friends, etc and  they try to get back to the would by bulling through the internet. I mean if your going to stay in your parents basement make more of an effort to at least get of the couch and take a shower or something and not waste your time bullying some one over the internet. 


I think throwing groundless insults out at anyone you consider a cyberbully isn't too grand either. You have to remember psychos, socios and narcissists tend to live great lives and are some of the worst bullies. We can agree on one thing though, there is something rotten about the bullying and at least for portions of time the person doing it.


Ok if you have such a great life why bully? 

Message 62 of 222 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:
Ok if you have such a great live, then why bully? 

So this is now a personal matter? I'll be happy to chat with you in PM but I'd rather you not try and distract people from the points I try to make.

 

My point is there are a lot of people out there who simply don't fit the bill you are describing and throwing hate doesn't resolve the hate. It's exactly that kind of labelling that stops everyone from realizing bullies aren't limited to a) people you don't like or disagree with b) people that don't get on with your friends c) groups of people you find worse than yourself. Thinking that they all as a majority lead horrible lives might make you feel better about yourself but it sadly isn't true. CEO's, bosses, powerful people tend to have a lot of bullying traits.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 63 of 222 (336 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
6228 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

Tease3211 though:

 

Thank you, Ed!  

Now the question is how do we as a community get everyone to buy in to commiting to make this a respectful environment to be a part of?

 

We have no authority to "punish" anyone, that lies with moderation.  So how do we reinforce positive bahavior and discourage negative behavior, within that limitation?

 

@ chad/kitty - if you wish to continue that discussion please do so elswhere rather than get this thread off topic, thanks!


:^/ An MVP is a role model first, and everything else second. Over the years here and elsewhere, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of just setting the good example. It's worked out pretty well.

 

Of course, that's not limited to the MVP crew. Everyone leads by example. Just strive for it to be the good example, instead of the other kind. As I like to put it, "be the neighbor you would like to have."


Maybe the older ones.


A lot of us new ones have only been at it a two weeks, to judge us after only such a short period of time is not very fair to say the least...

 

I just hope when I retire or leave the program I have made some positive contributions, and depart with grace and with no sense of bitterness.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 64 of 222 (331 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3995 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

MJB2348765 wrote:
Ok if you have such a great live, then why bully? 

So this is now a personal matter? I'll be happy to chat with you in PM but I'd rather you not try and distract people from the points I try to make.

 

My point is there are a lot of people out there who simply don't fit the bill you are describing and throwing hate doesn't resolve the hate. It's exactly that kind of labelling that stops everyone from realizing bullies aren't limited to a) people you don't like or disagree with b) people that don't get on with your friends c) groups of people you find worse than yourself. Thinking that they all as a majority lead horrible lives might make you feel better about yourself but it sadly isn't true. CEO's, bosses, powerful people tend to have a lot of bullying traits.


I never said that everyone who bully are like that, I said there probably ( which means maybe) are like that. I am just going through my experience I have since with this issue. 

Message 65 of 222 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:
I never said that everyone who bully are like that, I said there probably are like that. 

I appreciate that, and i was highlighting not all of them are. But yes, a lot of nasty folk out there do have a cruddy life Smiley Very Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 66 of 222 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3995 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

MJB2348765 wrote:
I never said that everyone who bully are like that, I said there probably are like that. 

I appreciate that, and i was highlighting not all of them are. But yes, a lot of nasty folk out there do have a cruddy life Smiley Very Happy


Yes, and they sometimes try to bring that misery to people who might have better life's then them and try to suck some of that happiness away from them. 

Message 67 of 222 (302 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
4501 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013
Most of the new ones I would never consider role models in the first place of how they acted before they were chosen. Only new one that is good is Brit. No offense.

YB

Message 68 of 222 (274 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
6228 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

bookepride wrote:
Most of the new ones I would never consider role models in the first place of how they acted before they were chosen. Only new one that is good is Brit. No offense.

Non taken...

 

And yes Brit is a good all around person.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 69 of 222 (238 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
1300 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

It's silly why people insist on being so bitter over something like this. MVP or not, it's not a big deal. To me, it's just a red screenname, and why others would treat eachother differently because of it is beyond me. We all can be our own MVP or a HCV. Nobody is holding us back from suggesting ideas or being helpful towards other users.

 

Perhaps if these people would focus their negative energy on something positive, they'd actually be productive and MAYBE things would run a little smoother around here.

 

Just sayin'.

Message 70 of 222 (224 Views)