Fender Bender
3264 posts

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

Iady-cha0s- wrote:

It's silly why people insist on being so bitter over something like this. MVP or not, it's not a big deal. To me, it's just a red screenname, and why others would treat eachother differently because of it is beyond me. We all can be our own MVP or a HCV. Nobody is holding us back from suggesting ideas or being helpful towards other users.

Perhaps if these people would focus their negative energy on something positive, they'd actually be productive and MAYBE things would run a little smoother around here.

Just sayin'.

Yes!  So how do we get them to channel that negative energy?

Message 71 of 222 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 20, 2013

bookepride wrote:
Most of the new ones I would never consider role models in the first place of how they acted before they were chosen. Only new one that is good is Brit. No offense.

Well one unexpected bonus of mvp thing is that the ones that you would never consider role models have at least cleaned up their act if only as a facade.

Message 72 of 222 (376 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 20, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

Iady-cha0s- wrote:

It's silly why people insist on being so bitter over something like this. MVP or not, it's not a big deal. To me, it's just a red screenname, and why others would treat eachother differently because of it is beyond me. We all can be our own MVP or a HCV. Nobody is holding us back from suggesting ideas or being helpful towards other users.

Perhaps if these people would focus their negative energy on something positive, they'd actually be productive and MAYBE things would run a little smoother around here.

Just sayin'.

Yes!  So how do we get them to channel that negative energy?

How about having an mvp introduction thread where all the mvp introduce themselves to us and tell us why they feel they are qualified to be an mvp and what do they hope to accomplish.  Also get rid of the red ink which is traditionally used to intimidate and scare people.  Also it doesnt seem right they have a private forum that we cant read.   And for the ones that is appropriate show some contrition for past abuse of other forum members.

Message 73 of 222 (364 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 20, 2013
@Dawna: Shhhhhhhhh! Don't poke them! Or you might disappear!
Message 74 of 222 (351 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

May 20, 2013

Well lets see many of us here are very passionate about what we think and care about a ceratin topic and put out their own opinions, some may disagree and have much debates where the opposing parties might not see eye to eye, which at times it gets personal.. Sometimes other join it to derail threads and create more of an argument.. We do see this all the time.

Some of us have met some of the forum posters in Home, I know I have.. And even as they might had a disagreement or different views on forums. We would see a different side of them as they are great individual and fun to be around with. Thou MVP or not..  Many here are there to help or have great ideas to make this a better place.. and in my book they are admirable, it does not mean we MVPs are to be feared or brown-nosers.

Anyone here, including MVPs that does anything that is against ToS can be reported and no-one is above anyone else, we all equal.. Anyone who expresses an opinion here and have a constructive criticism on something don't make them a bad person, don't judge them because they have such an opinion different from yours, that won't make them a troll, I tend to hear everyone out and move from it.

As far of those who do actually go in forums and try to create issues by naming, and having personal attacks in a thread.. Lets learn to ignore and report those if needs no need to reply and adding fuel to the fire.. As in Home, we ignore and don't pay no no mind as what these trolls would want is mainly attention for themselves and laugh about it saying "haha look what I did. I managed to create an issue here", when they get no attention.. they leave and go elsewhere.

As moblesuit75 made some interesting remarks on his thread..  yes we all human beings and have vented in public or in private and had our issues once or twice in our beginnings.. we aren't all perfect thou we all learn from them to time at goes by which makes us better as a person in real life, on Home, these forums and anywhere else we express ourselves with others.

As we see new forumers come to these forums, and they try to bring something they think is good, Lets do our best to greet them and help them if needs and mainly lead by example as many will learn from it as we have and not make them feel thst by coming here to forums they are worthless. Anyways that would be my thinking on all this. Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 222 (337 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
164 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

I for one have gotten tired of the bullying. I got on this forum originally for details and information to help me out on Home. I have had people yell at me cause of my spelling when i was using my Cell Phone to post messages and made a comment as a joke for people to not coment on my misspelled words because my phone had spellcheck that didnt' seem to work properly. Then I've had people call me names cause of this r that post that was uncalled for. I've had tons of situations with certain people on here that has make it very difficult to even respond to posts because i don't like being treated badly and will get upset when someone is mistreating me or someone else. I now only respond when it is necessary and have gotten to the point where if i see something that is un necessary I'll report that behavior. For those that have been bullied on here, You can report them, I've had a thread where someone was posting messages that was calling people's names out, calling them names, etc. Me n few other's reported and EVERY post that person put on my thread was removed. I would like to thank the Mods for doing that and hope everyone else that has had this problem will use my example and report too. Smiley Happy have a good day

Added: As for my idea of what bullies are, it's not those that comment bout they're differing of opinions cause everyone has a right to they're own opinions. It's those that attack other's for no reason, calling them uncalled for names, treating them like they're opinion don't matter. I've seen tons of this on here where people like to attack people because they dont agree with they're opinion. I made a comment while back that i enjoyed something on Home, dont' remember what it was, and someone actually asked me basically if i was on drugs. All because i enjoy a part in home that yes was going through some problems, but i was able to look past the issue and still have fun. We all know new area open up on home every week and they always have problems and bugs, but it's the person's choice if they want to enjoy the space even with the problems, or if they don't. I don't have any problem with someone giving me criticism in a positive way, but it's when someone calls me names, or basically calls me stupid or whatever that i consider bullying. My entire school year from K-11 i was bullied by students. I refuse to be bullied on here by people that dont' even know me.

Message 76 of 222 (319 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 20, 2013

Y2David wrote:

Well lets see many of us here are very passionate about what we think and care about a ceratin topic and put out their own opinions, some may disagree and have much debates where the opposing parties might not see eye to eye, which at times it gets personal.. Sometimes other join it to derail threads and create more of an argument.. We do see this all the time.

Some of us have met some of the forum posters in Home, I know I have.. And even as they might had a disagreement or different views on forums. We would see a different side of them as they are great individual and fun to be around with. Thou MVP or not..  Many here are there to help or have great ideas to make this a better place.. and in my book they are admirable, it does not mean we MVPs are to be feared or brown-nosers.

Anyone here, including MVPs that does anything that is against ToS can be reported and no-one is above anyone else, we all equal.. Anyone who expresses an opinion here and have a constructive criticism on something don't make them a bad person, don't judge them because they have such an opinion different from yours, that won't make them a troll, I tend to hear everyone out and move from it.

As far of those who do actually go in forums and try to create issues by naming, and having personal attacks in a thread.. Lets learn to ignore and report those if needs no need to reply and adding fuel to the fire.. As in Home, we ignore and don't pay no no mind as what these trolls would want is mainly attention for themselves and laugh about it saying "haha look what I did. I managed to create an issue here", when they get no attention.. they leave and go elsewhere.

As moblesuit75 made some interesting remarks on his thread..  yes we all human beings and have vented in public or in private and had our issues once or twice in our beginnings.. we aren't all perfect thou we all learn from them to time at goes by which makes us better as a person in real life, on Home, these forums and anywhere else we express ourselves with others.

As we see new forumers come to these forums, and they try to bring something they think is good, Lets do our best to greet them and help them if needs and mainly lead by example as many will learn from it as we have and not make them feel thst by coming here to forums they are worthless. Anyways that would be my thinking on all this. Smiley Happy

That was good.  Now other mvp can step up to the plate and explain yourselves.

Message 77 of 222 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
558 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

I think some of the MVP's on here act all high and mighty and that they are so above us and the trolls. But the thing is some of them use alt accounts to troll the forums. I've heard of quite a few of them doing that too. I know that some of them are also friends with some of the mods and don't get reprimanded if they do something wrong like the rest of us do.

Message 78 of 222 (274 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
164 posts

May 20, 2013

I love how everyone decided to start attacking the MVPs in this thread. someone posts a legit thread that is about people bullying others, and everyone decides to attack the MVPs. I may not have been on this thread that long, but i have seen a few MVPs who have actually stepped up to stop people from bullying, Thankyou Joanna_Dark (sorry if i spelled ur name wrong). Instead of this thread being about attacking MVPs maybe people should focus on what this thread is really about, the problem with people bullying others. I for one get tired of it and get to the point i don't want to share any of my thoughts on here cause of fear of how someone is going to attack me for whatever reason. If someone is being a bully they should be reported and the mods will deal with this. I've learned that personally from help in the past. If you have to keep track of when that person bullied you incase they decide to try it again at a later date. Then just report n post a message that this person was reported for the same thing on this day. It helped me. Let's try and keep focused on the meaning of the thread stead of deciding to attack a group of people who may r maynot of been bullying. Not nice to lump in all the MVPs for single people's bullying.

Message 79 of 222 (255 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

May 20, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:
I remember if a person posted anything remotely close to a comic strip even if it was about Home, it would get sent to the Playstation Creation thread to get lost in the endless sig testing graveyard no exceptions.  I never understood that,  as far as the content of the comics, that's a whole other bee's nest - I just feel there is enough people out there poking fun of Home I don't feel the need personally to join in, 
but in the same sense I don't think people who posted the comics did it out of hateful spite, they are just trying to poke fun of the less then stellar characters we have on Home, sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves because if we get too serious, then we start to lose that enjoyment and start to sweat the little things.

As far as the silly pictures and videos people put in to exaggerate a point, I did that when I first joined the forum, I was like 15 at the time, so I guess that's the mindset of some people, it doesn't bother me, but most aren't even that funny, and more then not it's used to insult people then for comedic value. Don't get me wrong, there are a few people who know when and where to slap a funny photo, but they are few and far between.

Whoa!!   please don't misunderstand what I said, I never said it was put out there to be hateful or out of spite nor was I referring to people who put pictures or videos to exaggerate a point.  I was merely stating that there has been an influx of people posting their videos or pictures as supposed to doing so to offer information or to be helpful.  Just cause I don't find something humorous doesn't mean its because I find it to be sexist or racist, I just didn't find it funny THAT ALL!!

So to the OP about trolling is that some people believe that because you disagree with them this is considered trolling when it is not.  How can we as a community deal with the trolls and bullies of the forums?  There's not much we can do, this is the job moderation is supposed to be doing so all we can do is report threads or posts that are inflammatory or hostile or we can take things with a grain a salt like I mentioned in my second post and not take it personal, ignore those who want to cause us strife.  Raise above it all and you will be the better person for it.

Message 80 of 222 (250 Views)