Highlighted
Jul 26 2013
By: F1REFLY_SEREN1TY Survivor 1924 posts

A little advice on Kikai

[ Edited ]
57 replies 845 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

I'm sure there are many people more knowledgable about this event. But I've invested many hours into this too. And here are a few things I suggest.

First, empty your inventories a little. Especially furniture. There are a large number of rewards. And you don't want to search storage for stuff you like.

For new people to this, go to Neon district first. Then to Granzella's Southern Island Hideaway. In the back behind the hut is the entrance to the secret base. The base is the center for playing the game.

When you are given a choice of weapons, pick the Beam Samurai Katana (sword). The other roles are much harder to finish the game with.

When you gain entry into the center of the base, try and do the first two Quests first. There is an error that was in Japan and Eu. If you didn't complete Quests 1 and 2, they would error after you kill the Emporer. It's best to do these first so you can get all the rewards in the game. You can do these quests while doing missions in the station front, street intersection and in front of Governt office building. Finish them befor attempting the 2nd UFO mission.

If you have trouble launching a mission and getting into the mission lounge, try creating a group. Even if its a group with no other members, you will have a higher priority to get in.

Keep in mind that the server doesn't record your score until the mission is completed. But rewards are instant. You don't have to get a reward twice, although doing so gets 100 extra points.

If you are doing a quest, and achieve it early in a mission, you can return to the start and exit. You will lose the points for the mission. But the game remembers you completed a quest goal.

Missiles can be dodged easily. But avoid the front of sword carrying robots. Use hit and runs. And try to attack from the back once they start their attack animation. The last attack of their combo is a forward strike. You can attack from the side during this attack.

When you fight blue robots, if you cant approach from behind, let them run at you first, then dodge. Then attack after they run past you. They are easy to kill that way. Taking on just one bot at a time helps too.

If you have trouble killing the final bosses, try going in a group. That way your friend can help. You don't even have to do anything if you have a strong friend. But keep in mind your friends can't enter your mission unless they are grouped first. Only the group leader can invite to the group. And sometimes groups break apart when you teleport into Kikai. But you can just reinvite.

Edo armor is very effective here. It is much better than any outfits offered during the game. Even better than outfits for sale next week. Edo armor boosts your attack a lot. Also throwing items and consumables from Edo work here.

Of the things to buy, I would suggest the Bunny companion a lot. It has healing abilities. And levels up. The healing medicine from Edo is also very useful.

Anyways, there is a lot more, but it's time for me to get ready for the event. Good luck and good hunting everyone!

EDIT: I'm adding a link to a webpage with a TON of info on this event. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/threads/invasion-by-the-kikai-machine-empire-event-guide.8778/

Just click the button QUEST for info detailing all the quests. And if you have trouble with the falling crates on the first UFO mission, there is a map of the crates. It's easy once you use that. Just becareful not to fall out a window on the edges of the path. Locations of ALL rewards are listed on that page. Along with ALL upgrades for weapons. 

Adding a map here. Hearing about people who have problem with the falling crates at the end of the first UFO mission. Here's a map of the path I take. There are gaps between the crates. This way always work for me. Just be careful of the windows on the sides of the room.

Falling Crates.jpg

Message 1 of 58 (845 Views)
Sackboy
283 posts

Re: A little advice on Kikai

Jul 26, 2013
Thank you sooo much for this! Signed in just to kudos you^^
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 2 of 58 (758 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Hi , i missed quest 1 but did quest 2 and found quest 3. Where is quest 1 at ?  I'm new to this game and very confused . I don't want to miss anything . Very fun game so far .

Message 3 of 58 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Jul 26, 2013

lazy_blizzard wrote:

Hi , i missed quest 1 but did quest 2 and found quest 3. Where is quest 1 at ?  I'm new to this game and very confused . I don't want to miss anything . Very fun game so far .

I have the same question where is quest 1 and 2? also what are Valiance, Attack and Defence points?

Message 4 of 58 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Jul 26, 2013

lazy_blizzard wrote:

I just found quest 1, in the station talk to the guy in the pink suit with Quest above his head under the big neon signs.

Message 5 of 58 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 26, 2013
How many weapon upgrades are there? Just up to level 3 right?
Support Forums
Message 6 of 58 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
283 posts

Jul 26, 2013
1st quest is in the base from the man with "Quest" above his head. The second quest is given by a woman in the area right before your first real battle instance(also has "quest" over her head).
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 7 of 58 (645 Views)
Sackboy
617 posts

Jul 26, 2013

where is shinkuju station?

Message 8 of 58 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jul 26, 2013

The station is quest 2 but ty for sending me there again found quest above a couple and received a toilet . I read quest 1 is in base maybe i did this quest and didn't remember it cause can't find it now . What is reward for first quest ? 

Message 9 of 58 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Jul 26, 2013

idk i talked to the guy that had the quest sign above his head and it sais Quest 1: First Quest. Go to Shinkuju but i cant find shinkuju.

Message 10 of 58 (610 Views)
0 Likes