VP of Gaming
28379 posts

Re: Are We Beta Testers?

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

1) Normal Customer Support does not handle beta issues as betas are constantly changing until their development and testing is completed. General beta issues are handled with the help of Community Managers and/or the game's Producers and Developers themselves.

2) Once the game goes to market, Customer Service take over tech issues.

3) Except when it comes to MMOs and MMORPGs. As these tyoes of games are always growing, changing and developing, tech issues will remain with the CMs, Developers and Producers.

4) As Home is changing every week with new items and spaces, and in some cases the loss of items and spaces as they are removed, it would be nearly impossible for Customer Support Representatives to keep up with the updates. Thus we have Joystick_Warrior to help with tech issues and to pass along the issues that he cannot fix to their respective Developers. And we have the community. And we have our Managers.

5) Online worlds such as ours depend heavily upon the interaction of the community and officials.  It's very likely that once Home is out of beta, we will still rely on the help of our Developers, Managers and the rest of the community. We all help each other.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 11 of 66 (225 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Officially? yes. Significant to us or Sony? No. When the newer Home logo came out way back when it was pretty clear. Sony pulled the ''Beta'' word from the logo. When I asked, a Sony rep said they don't even think about Home being in a beta. Non-issue. It has made for quite a few topics of conversation here though.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 12 of 66 (210 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Apr 23, 2013

were all Open Beta Testers... What they don't tell us is there is also a Few Select Closed Bete Testers.... 

Arrgg!

I been on Home since Feb 2009 seems like they would give us what we want by now...... Again Arrgg!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 13 of 66 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Apr 23, 2013

esco887 wrote:

i bet will be in beta till the release of the ps4, n then watch it become a premium paid service,  who knows, just a guess.

As we know now there is no Word on Home for PS4 and the rumor is there won't be Home on PS4 and Home will be ended soon!

Utoh!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 14 of 66 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Apr 23, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

esco887 wrote:

i bet will be in beta till the release of the ps4, n then watch it become a premium paid service,  who knows, just a guess.

As we know now there is no Word on Home for PS4 and the rumor is there won't be Home on PS4 and Home will be ended soon!

Utoh!

And you know what? You should stop believing rumors and wait till Sony says if there is or isn't going to be Home on the PS4.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 66 (179 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Apr 23, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Or are we still?
I hardly hear the 'Beta' word mentioned much anymore. Thoughts?

Home is still a beta there for it needs our feedback.  Now if Sony is listening to the feedback that we give them that is another question.

But yes we are beta testers...

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 16 of 66 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

I doubt Sony would put a bullet in one of its cash cows, such as Home.

Although, since we cant prove number by number just exactly HOW MUCH money Home makes for Sony on a daily, monthly or annual basis....I think its safe to assume that its a LOT. LOL

Last I checked, Sony wasnt really in the habit of turning their backs on $$$MONEY$$$...especailly when people just throw it at them, for virtual items, no less.

IDK if Home will be on the PS4 or not...or if it will continue under a different name, etc.. but im very certain, Home will make an appearance on PS4 in some way, shape or form. Probably not right at launch, after all...not even their Gaikai cloud service will be 100% up to par, as Sony has mentioned that it will be "rolled out in phases" over the course of the PS4's launch.

Im just sayin...I dont see Home shutting down in the literal or perverbial sense of the word.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 17 of 66 (158 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14002 posts

Apr 23, 2013

We're all still Home Beta testers, Closed or Open.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 18 of 66 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Home will remain "in beta" until it closes. None of you are beta testers. The majority of us exploit bugs instead of reporting them. Sony is simply removing itself from liability.

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Home is not a "cash cow." There aren't that many users. The margins are thin.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 19 of 66 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Apr 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Home will remain "in beta" until it closes. None of you are beta testers. The majority of us exploit bugs instead of reporting them. Sony is simply removing itself from liability.

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Home is not a "cash cow." There aren't that many users. The margins are thin.

It's pretty much normal, it happens every BETAs and Full Releases

oh, Cash Cow now makes me search for this

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 20 of 66 (123 Views)
0 Likes