VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Re: Are We Beta Testers?

Apr 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:
Just look at Conrad_Max's posts on the subject...

Actually, do look at my posts on this topic.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 41 of 66 (210 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

Ren_Echo wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

tl:dr

but anyone who says we are beta testers and that Home is actually still in Beta should be slapped.

And yet Home is not supported by Sony customer service and instead is handled by posting on a forum. I've never heard of any other product or service which handles support this way. Of course, I don't get out much. Smiley Tongue

Sony customer service and support is primarily for PlayStation systems and the Sony Entertainment Network.

Home is handeled like anything else under those categories, just like games for example. if you call Sony regarding an issue with a game, they will direct you to these forums too.

If that's standard operating procedure for support then we're in more trouble than I thought, lol. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for Joystick_Warrior and all he's done for us but how can Sony have only one person handling support for hundreds (thousands?, millions? who the heck knows?) of users.  Hopefully he's got some mini-Joysticks helping him out in the background. In any case, I'm trying to wrap my head around how a service with this many problems can not be in beta. Smiley Frustrated

just a fyi, i meant that Sony's phone and email support service is primarily for systems and the network.

but when they redirect people to this forum, its so that Homes own support team can help them since this is the only place they are. Home doesnt have its own means to contact support like its own number or email, so this forum acts as a means of support.

and as Conrad said, Joystick isnt the only person on the support team. theres many more, some of which dont post here.

Message 42 of 66 (202 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 24, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

tl:dr

but anyone who says we are beta testers and that Home is actually still in Beta should be slapped.

And yet Home is not supported by Sony customer service and instead is handled by posting on a forum. I've never heard of any other product or service which handles support this way. Of course, I don't get out much. Smiley Tongue

Sony customer service and support is primarily for PlayStation systems and the Sony Entertainment Network.

Home is handeled like anything else under those categories, just like games for example. if you call Sony regarding an issue with a game, they will direct you to these forums too.

If that's standard operating procedure for support then we're in more trouble than I thought, lol. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for Joystick_Warrior and all he's done for us but how can Sony have only one person handling support for hundreds (thousands?, millions? who the heck knows?) of users.  Hopefully he's got some mini-Joysticks helping him out in the background. In any case, I'm trying to wrap my head around how a service with this many problems can not be in beta. Smiley Frustrated

just a fyi, i meant that Sony's phone and email support service is primarily for systems and the network.

but when they redirect people to this forum, its so that Homes own support team can help them since this is the only place they are. Home doesnt have its own means to contact support like its own number or email, so this forum acts as a means of support.

and as Conrad said, Joystick isnt the only person on the support team. theres many more, some of which dont post here.

No worries. I just started giving everyone with issues your home phone number. you do have call waiting, yes?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 43 of 66 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

No worries. I just started giving everyone with issues your home phone number. you do have call waiting, yes?

He'd better be courteous or he'll be in trouble. Dials number.... ring ring ring.... hummm no answer yet. Ring... ring... ring...

Message 44 of 66 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

He'd better be courteous or he'll be in trouble. Dials number.... ring ring ring.... hummm no answer yet. Ring... ring... ring...

No answer? hmm.. He is either watching The Walking Dead or awaiting the love of his life at the bus station. Smiley Tongue

thCAHVQ8LY.jpg

HomeStationMagazine
Message 45 of 66 (177 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

I would challenge anyone to try and find just one other "beta" that has lasted nearly five years, and has every little support from the company that owns it, and where 'beta testers' have paid for content.

Gmail

• Remained in beta from 2004-2009
  • Premium plans introduced in 2007 (up to $500 a year)
  • Updates were sporadic in its early years, and the service was no stranger to outages and hacks.
  • There was one major code revision in 2007 which improved the interface and integrated gchat. Playstation Home had a similar redesign in November of 2011, also three years after its launch.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 46 of 66 (164 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

No answer? hmm.. He is either watching The Walking Dead or awaiting the love of his life at the bus station. Smiley Tongue

thCAHVQ8LY.jpg

I don't like Conrad either, but you guys are being pretty mean.

No surprise that an MVP is making off topic posts encouraging your cruelty...

Message 47 of 66 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

**snip**

My post/reply had nothing to do with Conrads post.  Not surprising you didn't see that. 

And if a post is not to your choosing hit report inappropriate content. That is simply enough. 

Message 48 of 66 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

it was the_original_se we were talking about not conrad. again, much like your thesis you are wrong.

I have known SE for over 10 years and we are friends. . Jo is a friend of his as well. To quote you ''If you have a problem with me, please keep it to private messages rather than straying off topic.''

HomeStationMagazine
Message 49 of 66 (140 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

Thank you for the correction as to which user you were alluding.

I have a problem with a former HCV and a current MVP making off topic messages mocking another forum user, regardless of how close they are. You're supposed to be role models.

Message 50 of 66 (129 Views)
0 Likes