Uncharted Territory
1907 posts

Re: Biggest Home Improvement ever, will bring THOUSANDS of users back including

Apr 8, 2010

BPatches701 wrote:

Bring back voice chat... It worked good before for me. If you have problems fix your NAT type I want voice chat or Home is boring and outright nearly useless. 

Another thread for this? Enough already...

Message 31 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Apr 8, 2010

BPatches701 wrote:

Bring back voice chat... It worked good before for me. If you have problems fix your NAT type I want voice chat or Home is boring and outright nearly useless. 

Here's where I think you have grossly misjudged the importance of public voice chat.  I belong to several clubs, and have attended many gatherings in personal spaces, and even though voice chat is allowed in those spaces, people with mics rarely use them.  Why?  I asked, and they make some great points. 

For one, with text, you get a log of EVERYTHING that is said, and by whom.  So if the conversation includes a few people, or you have to be away from the TV for a moment, you never miss anything that is said, and know who said it.

Not only that, but with the chat log, even if someone leaves or even if you leave the space, you can still click on any of their text messages from the log and be able to quickly and easily look at their profile, send them a message, among other choices - none of that is possible if they only used voice chat.

In addition, many people use crappy mics, or have the volume way to low or way too high, and often you can only understand half of what they are saying.

Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place when I prefer voice chat, mostly when it's just one on one... But that is yet another reason I think you have grossly misjudged the importance of it, as I can do one on one voice chat even in public spaces thanks to the Phone Call option - which is actually far better than standard voice chat because you don't have to stand near the person to hear them, in fact you can be in totally different spaces!

I'm sorry, but I could care less if public voice chat returns, and based on the many people I know who use Home regularly, I am not alone, and in fact among my circle of friends we are the vast majority.

BTW:  It's not just Home or other social networks that are showing less and less interest in voice chat, it's happening big time in the real world as well.  I get far more text messages now than I get voice mail messages when it used to be the other way around, easily a 30-1 ratio in fact!

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 32 of 39 (1 View)
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Apr 8, 2010

Quintonious wrote:

Having never experienced Voice Chat, I cannot say for certain that having it back would be awesome.

However, being able to actually talk to people, as opposed to continuous typing, wouldn't be a bad thing...

Well...Let me enlighten you...Imagine having a nice conversation with your friends.  Than suddenly your interrupted by some ignorant fool yelling "N" over and over again.  He finally leaves than someone else comes up with his horrible crap music playing (all distorted, by the way).  Now you can't have your conversation because you're spending the whole time blocking people and filing reports.....Fun.....Can't wait for voice chat to come back.

Message 33 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2262 posts

Apr 8, 2010

Captain_K_M wrote:

there most likey not going to bring back public voice chat. because for one, many and i mean many people ABUSE the opprutunity to use public voice chat. i've since or should i say heard many people talking trash to other people. and this also really gets annoying.

in my opinion i think THE GAMERS LOUNGE, should have PUBLIC VOICE CHAT, because once again, in my opinion i find the gamers lounge is a chill out place. so we should bring voice chat to the GAMERS LOUNGE.

nO I DONT WANT VOICE CHAT IN ONE PUBLIC SPACE, I WANT IT FOR ALL PUBLIC SPACES.. WITH OPTIONSSSS

Message 34 of 39 (1 View)
Survivor
2726 posts

Apr 10, 2010

tetsou9shima wrote:

Quintonious wrote:

Having never experienced Voice Chat, I cannot say for certain that having it back would be awesome.

However, being able to actually talk to people, as opposed to continuous typing, wouldn't be a bad thing...

Well...Let me enlighten you...Imagine having a nice conversation with your friends.  Than suddenly your interrupted by some ignorant fool yelling "N" over and over again.  He finally leaves than someone else comes up with his horrible crap music playing (all distorted, by the way).  Now you can't have your conversation because you're spending the whole time blocking people and filing reports.....Fun.....Can't wait for voice chat to come back.

And if you can't handle filing reports and muting then just turn it off and let us that actually like the feature have it.
Message 35 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2726 posts

Apr 10, 2010
I'd actually accept just having the gamer's lounge be the only public voice chat area. Then people who don't want it don't even bother going in the lounge.
Message 36 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
516 posts

Apr 10, 2010

I agree, I made a suggestive thread about this ages ago with ideas on what to do with mic chat. Check it out here!

Message 37 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Apr 10, 2010

BPatches701 wrote:

Bring back voice chat

NO

Message 38 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted