Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013

AngelAyla wrote:
Seriously? Maybe I'm going to sound like a class A jerk here but.. Who cares? So you have acne. So do a lot of people. But guess what.. other people have worse problems than you. So someone's advertising their product on PS Home. It's not like that was a new concept, that's what home does. It did with cars, deodorant, other random junk already so why not this? As other's have said, if you don't like it, don't go to the space.

I seriously can't believe that one advertisement that you've seen on television and internet a million times over already, turning up on home, turned this thread into a psycho-therapy session.

I'm mostly talking for other people since i get offended but other than that is not such a big deal. There's a lot other who can't handle it. Acne is so much worst than having to stink all the time. Maybe you think is not that bad but you haven't gone throught it and that's a reason i get mad at people, because they think it's not such a big deal but then realize that they wouldn't want a boyfriend with an acne or would you?

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 51 of 57 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Ok, first: Don't try to get me caught up in this acne vs. clear skin vs. self esteem debate that's started here by insinuating that I'm a shallow person just to keep your topic going. At this point it just comes off as baiting and attention seeking.

Second: The point remains, playstation home will advertise products, if you don't support said products, stay away from the spaces. Simple.

If all people that were offended about something on playstation home got their way, there would be NO home at all.

Message 52 of 57 (168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Apr 18, 2013
ACNE WAS A DRAG IN MY YOUTH THE 70'S
RED
Message 53 of 57 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 18, 2013

First of all, I'm sorry people have made fun of you based on your appearance, which while (hopefully) only temporary, appears to be out of your control. I read through (most) of these posts, but I still don't understand the OP's problem with this space. Clearasil is a product designed to help people with acne. The OP has acne which he is unhappy with and wants to get rid of. While this particular product may not work for his particular type of acne, shouldn't you be on the same team? The space doesn't support acne or make fun of people with acne, that I'm aware of. Is it JUST because it brings up a subject that you'd rather not think about while playing Home? I'm not trying to be inflammatory, I just don't follow the logic. Why is it an insult?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 54 of 57 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Apr 18, 2013
My years of acne and failed treatments (I ran away from accutane, that stuff is scary) turned out to be an allergic reaction to any trace amount of dairy. So if conventional treatments don't work ask your doctors to look for a deeper cause.
I will say that I didn't realize the clearasil space was for a specific new product line until I was collecting them. They did a good job on the space itself. A few immature people may throw some bad jokes out there but they are going to do that no matter what space they are in.
Now if there is a Doritos space I may complain, but that is because weak willed and if I see my avi eating some delicious Doritos I will want them irl. Then I'll break out =_=
Message 55 of 57 (129 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Did you say you had five hundred pimples? Or did I read incorrectly? How does that even work? sorry I'm curious. When I was in middle school to grade 10 it was bad. But after that it magically clears up. When I think back I laugh about it. This cute girl in grade 7 was like wash your face! 'I do!' Scrub harder argh! Man, if the solution was that easy this wouldn't be a problem lol! It'll clear up eventually and eventually you'll get a girl : )
Message 56 of 57 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Revenger-cm wrote:

This must be an akward for me since i'm taking ACCUTANE today which is the stronget medication for acne and has A LOT of side effects which it can lead you up to suicidal things. May god be with me. So since you know, i feel offended by this space and many people by this day find acne funny or they're always saying ewwww to the people who have. Just so you know, if just by looking at someone else face gives you sadness and makes you feel gross i bet you would have taken suicide b4 all those strong people who must suffer of all the insults like me and my 4 years of acne. Can't get a girl, but hey... i'm not an **bleep** who laughts at it which is worst and this kind of people are in this space and with the integration of talking of acne makes people like me be offended. Personally i don't find that disturbing since now when people look at me in a weird surprised face because of my acne it now makes me laugh, since it's just too stupid to get sad or even mad. I'm 17 years old and i hope ACCUTANE, which is not a cheap product like Clearasil helps me so i can now attract girls with my 4 years of body building.... funny cause when i started bodybuilding my acne started... so no showing off my body.... NEVER plus girls taught i was handsome and it makes me suffer the double since that's gets me too anxious.

The game is great but i wouldn't mind removing the space for the god of people. Maybe there's people on home because they can't stand up to real life because they have severe acne and they sit on home all day and play ps home so they meet people without needing to look at his "gross" face and now they might cause those people sadness with this space.

Not trying to be rude but I think your wrong.

When your 17 you think girls are attracted to your skin but the truth is it's really your personality that really attracts them.  Yes, girls can be shallow but do you really want to attract that kind of girl in the first place?  You need to work up your confidence... 

Body building is not going to help with this.  Sonds to me like your only using it as a handicap and who is it going to attract?  Shallow girls that are only attracted to your muscles.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 57 of 57 (79 Views)
0 Likes