Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: Come back to Home Bioshock

Apr 28, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Konami is interested in Home. They make tons of content for us. Question is why they don't make game related content. That would sell too. I understand making lounges and the like takes a lot more effort but selling outfits and costumes seems to be something they could make money at without a lot of additional effort.

Indeed, Capcom as well.

However, Sony, Square Enix, Electronic Arts, 2K Games, Ubisoft, Eidos Interactive, Namco Bandai, Konami, Capcom, THQ, Sega, Disney Interactive, Lucas Arts, Naughty Dog, Deep Silver, Evolution Studios, Zipper Interactive, Guerrilla Games, Media Molecule, United Game Front, Relentless Software, Insomniac Games, Doublesix, Q-Games, Clap Hanz, Sucker Punch, Neversoft, and other well known game developers also used to release game related content for Home, but only Konami still releases new content for Home, but as you said, even they have mostly stopped releasing game related content.

That's over 25 publishers and developers of games that have at one time or another offered game content in Home but have since stopped - in fact most of the time, they were one and done, with no further updates or new content.

Speaking of BioShock game related content, 2K's BioShock personal space (Rapture Apartment) is in my opinion still one of the best designed spaces in Home, despite being three years old.

It was one of the first to have doors that opened and closed (something almost all spaces today still do not have), and first to have music and interactive features (including a trap door).  It even has a clever puzzle you must solve in order to get into the attic and unlock some of the doors and gates to access the rest of the space - also something no other space has done before or since.

Add to that the amazing sound effects, lighting, and beautifully detailed environment, and the Rapture Apartment shines as a fine example of what is possible - but few have come close to replicating it.

It's also a great space to use the Essence of Tides and go scuba diving:

20130426 155156.jpg

20130426 155222.jpg

And 2K also released some really nice BioShock costumes... but like those other developers, they stopped making content for Home almost as soon as they started.

As a gamer it is certainly frustrating, but most of these companies have very well financed marketing and sales departments and or publishers, and clearly they know something we don't know... And even Sony appears to agree with them as they also have stopped making game related content, and have even mostly stopped making non game related content as well.

These companies put a very high value on marketing and sales, so if Home truly had a user base where they would benefit promoting and selling game related content, surely they would.  

The question then is why is Home no longer a place where these companies, Sony included, chose not to promote or sell their own game related content?

I think we all wished we knew the question to that,,, I remember a lot of people were mad because God Of War content wasn't released,,, costumes and such,,, So even when Home was fresh and new Sony picked and chose what they wanted to release...

I don't think it has to do with userbase at all,,, the other console gets items to unlock simply because its easier to make items for a sock puppet then it is to create a life like costume or clothing...

And if publishers don't want to make things exclusively for Home then they should at least make a few unlockables for all brands in their games,,,

Anyway we can sit here and theorize or wonder what happened or we can get out there and let these developers know,, Hey we want things to...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 21 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Konami has metal gear solid clothing

And they've done a great effort to bring us my all time favorite silent hill series. Wish they give us more though.
We have various costumes and we also have a silent hill space From when the game released few years back.

I recall a certain red poster here always ask the very first question in the very first post always to Mr. GW in our monthly suggestions thread.
i also recall his answer to that question was just as some are saying and i guess finally figuring it out.
Its truly up to us to get the word out to these developers and i guess nag and harass them as to the power that is playstation home. And the things our community wants as well as to how it should be here already. In one form or another.
Theres all this social media out there and its up to the community to demand and request that game content and developers of all games and publishers include their creations into our lil' social outlet we call home but gets overlooked by even its owners.

Its hard to take this seriously if sony and our efforts to inform our own community manager of what we want but wont seem to back us up.
But hey.. As i recalled.. Glass statement already on this issue.

U red posters wanted a community engagement event.. Well here we go..
Get together and get on yall social sites and nag away!!
But remember its only when a community speaks and sticks together is when a statement is made.
So all u red posters now have more than a reason. And purpose.

- Restless Dreams.
Message 12 of 21 (169 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
Konami has metal gear solid clothing

And they've done a great effort to bring us my all time favorite silent hill series. Wish they give us more though.
We have various costumes and we also have a silent hill space From when the game released few years back.

I recall a certain red poster here always ask the very first question in the very first post always to Mr. GW in our monthly suggestions thread.
i also recall his answer to that question was just as some are saying and i guess finally figuring it out.
Its truly up to us to get the word out to these developers and i guess nag and harass them as to the power that is playstation home. And the things our community wants as well as to how it should be here already. In one form or another.
Theres all this social media out there and its up to the community to demand and request that game content and developers of all games and publishers include their creations into our lil' social outlet we call home but gets overlooked by even its owners.

Its hard to take this seriously if sony and our efforts to inform our own community manager of what we want but wont seem to back us up.
But hey.. As i recalled.. Glass statement already on this issue.

U red posters wanted a community engagement event.. Well here we go..
Get together and get on yall social sites and nag away!!
But remember its only when a community speaks and sticks together is when a statement is made.
So all u red posters now have more than a reason. And purpose.

It was never up to Home users to "get the word out" to major developers in the past, so why is it now? Sorry, but the excuse that GW gave, that I never saw, is plain old nonsense. Like I said earlier, the general public is never going to get a straight and honest answer as to why the best games and developers are no longer represented in NA Home. If they did actually provide real answers, it would undermine their efforts to promote Home as a viable console platform. 

In addition to that, major game developers don't need Home as a promotional tool (they do just fine with sales) and they certainly don't want potential customers spending their time in Home rather than playing their games. They are separate and competing entities on the same console the way I see it. Case closed imo.  

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 13 of 21 (152 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Lol.
There is no case closed as this is a hot topic and entire purpose of thread.
Srry but take ur judge judy analysis elsewhere.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 14 of 21 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2175 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Game content in Home? Keep dreaming. That's not our priority anymore. Being facetious in case you can not comprehend such.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 15 of 21 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
Lol.
There is no case closed as this is a hot topic and entire purpose of thread.
Srry but take ur judge judy analysis elsewhere.

Don't take it personally there buddy--case closed in MY opinion....and my opinions will show up here as often as I want them to. Accept reality about the topic or don't. I really don't care what you think.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 16 of 21 (127 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Apr 28, 2013
So then why u quote and reply..?

My post wasnt personal either..
It was down to the point of the subject at hand.
Opinions here dont really have a say here in this subject.
But rather commentary and action.
When it comes to developers.. I dont think they want us to chime in an opinion.

- Restless Dreams.
Message 17 of 21 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Hey jo.. Instead of kudoing. How about leading the pack as to what your always seeking.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 18 of 21 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Apr 28, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
Its truly up to us to get the word out to these developers and i guess nag and harass them as to the power that is playstation home. 

I recall GW response as well, and the follow up question, which he never responded to - and that is the fact that SONY (the company he works for and is supposed to be passing on our suggestions to) is in fact one of the developers and publishers that has a lot of games we would like to have game content for.  So by posting in GW suggestion threads we are in fact "getting the word out to a very important developer...Sony.   Yet his answer was basically saying, stop asking us and go ask other developers.

So if Sony refuses to answer why they themselves have stopped offering game related content, and have yet to release any new game related content, why would any of the other developers feel any differently?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 19 of 21 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013
Lol. Someone who recalls.
And its truth.
But all against me eitherway.
Gosh i love u jo.
Ur own post that got that statement.