Apr 28 2013
By: LiLBlueEyes Treasure Hunter 6228 posts

Come back to Home Bioshock

20 replies 470 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

Most of you have heard of Bioshock Infinite and have played it...

When I found out the other console got a sparse section of avatar stuff  - I was infuriated,,,

I wanted a Columbia floating apartment,,, clothes and costumes...

But we were overlooked..

I'm not exactly sure why we were, I'm sure everyone has their own opinion and are free to express them,, but I think it stems from lack of interest generated by the PS3 user,  If the makers of Bioshock don't hear a wave of interest, then why go through the trouble to create a product... I've only seen a hand full of forumers twitter and facebook Irrational games about us being left out or even wanting it in the first place.

I do know that Irrational games does twitter user content,,, So I made two avatars that I am going to submit to them - hopefully they will see the potential of Home in the future and consider making us content like they did with the Rapture series...

Let me know what you think.. And wish me luck.

Lady Comstocks Ghost

lady comstock 3.jpg

Elizabeth Arrives in Paris

Eliz 2.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 21 (470 Views)
I Only Post Everything
841 posts

Re: Come back to Home Bioshock

Apr 28, 2013
Wishing you the best of luck! Great Job!

Message 2 of 21 (457 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Good luck,  I will send a few tweets to them expressing interest in more Home content as well.  I did see someone in the Home Cosplay thread that created a Booker DeWitt avatar and took some pics at the cogs sky platform, it really made me wish we had some official content for the game Smiley Sad

EDIT: We should also try contacting 2k Games since they are the parent company and Irrational Games didnt make Bioshock 2(which is the one we have the content for)

EDIT Again:  Someone made an Elizabeth character too Smiley Happy http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PlayStation-Home-s-Cosplay-Thread/td-p/39711...

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 3 of 21 (456 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 28, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

Good luck,  I will send a few tweets to them expressing interest in more Home content as well.  I did see someone in the Home Cosplay thread that created a Booker DeWitt avatar and took some pics at the cogs sky platform, it really made me wish we had some official content for the game Smiley Sad

EDIT: We should also try contacting 2k Games since they are the parent company and Irrational Games didnt make Bioshock 2(which is the one we have the content for)

Oh thanks guys,,,

I will contact 2K games as well

Message 4 of 21 (446 Views)
MVP Support
13888 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Cool pictures and I wish you the best of luck submitting the photos to Irration Games in order for them to develop Bioshock Infinite-related content for Home as we haven't gotten any game-related content in months. I think it's a good idea by the way.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 5 of 21 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Most of you have heard of Bioshock Infinite and have played it...

When I found out the other console got a sparse section of avatar stuff  - I was infuriated,,,

I wanted a Columbia floating apartment,,, clothes and costumes...

But we were overlooked..

I'm not exactly sure why we were, I'm sure everyone has their own opinion and are free to express them,, but I think it stems from lack of interest generated by the PS3 user

If you mean lack of interest based on the number of unique users who actively use Home, then from my own experience talking with devs and executives from Square Enex, then yes, they likely also see a lack of 'interest'.

However if you mean lack of interest based on what current active users in Home have been asking for then, no, there is a great deal of interest in wanting game related content, and not just for BioShock content, but from lots of AAA game titles.  Just do a search on this forum and you'll find countless threads with countless posts constantly bringing this up.  In fact, it has likely been brought up in every Suggestion Thread.

The question I would ask is if there was truly a viable market for game related content in Home, then why have we seen a noticeable drop in game related content, and why doesn't Sony even offer game related content for any number of their games?  Even if for some reason they did not want to develop it themselves, they could certainly license the rights to make that content to any number of developers, including their own Loot Studios.

So the question we should ask is why haven't they?  If there are not many active users in Home, perhaps they simply feel it is not worth the effort.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 21 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Konami is interested in Home. They make tons of content for us. Question is why they don't make game related content. That would sell too. I understand making lounges and the like takes a lot more effort but selling outfits and costumes seems to be something they could make money at without a lot of additional effort.

Message 7 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Home is clearly for indie developers. The big hitters left Home behind a long time ago. You can be sure there are many reasons for it, but Home management would never explain that to the public. This topic has come up over and over again for I don't know how long and there has never been a response or explanation from anyone in Sonyland (a place where silence speaks volumes).

There has been no game content, no TGI's, no brand name support.....and literally nothing else that would link any game that you play on your PS3 to what you do in Home, for quite some time now. Gaming and using Home are two entirely separate things and that is obviously the way they want it. Why they would want it that way is something that the users who pay to keep Home alive will never know.

Good luck with your efforts though LBE. I haven't been able to try Bioshick Infinite yet, but it looks awesome.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 8 of 21 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Konami is interested in Home. They make tons of content for us. Question is why they don't make game related content. That would sell too. I understand making lounges and the like takes a lot more effort but selling outfits and costumes seems to be something they could make money at without a lot of additional effort.

Indeed, Capcom as well.

However, Sony, Square Enix, Electronic Arts, 2K Games, Ubisoft, Eidos Interactive, Namco Bandai, Konami, Capcom, THQ, Sega, Disney Interactive, Lucas Arts, Naughty Dog, Deep Silver, Evolution Studios, Zipper Interactive, Guerrilla Games, Media Molecule, United Game Front, Relentless Software, Insomniac Games, Doublesix, Q-Games, Clap Hanz, Sucker Punch, Neversoft, and other well known game developers also used to release game related content for Home, but only Konami still releases new content for Home, but as you said, even they have mostly stopped releasing game related content.

That's over 25 publishers and developers of games that have at one time or another offered game content in Home but have since stopped - in fact most of the time, they were one and done, with no further updates or new content.

Speaking of BioShock game related content, 2K's BioShock personal space (Rapture Apartment) is in my opinion still one of the best designed spaces in Home, despite being three years old.

It was one of the first to have doors that opened and closed (something almost all spaces today still do not have), and first to have music and interactive features (including a trap door).  It even has a clever puzzle you must solve in order to get into the attic and unlock some of the doors and gates to access the rest of the space - also something no other space has done before or since.

Add to that the amazing sound effects, lighting, and beautifully detailed environment, and the Rapture Apartment shines as a fine example of what is possible - but few have come close to replicating it.

It's also a great space to use the Essence of Tides and go scuba diving:

20130426 155156.jpg

20130426 155222.jpg

And 2K also released some really nice BioShock costumes... but like those other developers, they stopped making content for Home almost as soon as they started.

As a gamer it is certainly frustrating, but most of these companies have very well financed marketing and sales departments and or publishers, and clearly they know something we don't know... And even Sony appears to agree with them as they also have stopped making game related content, and have even mostly stopped making non game related content as well.

These companies put a very high value on marketing and sales, so if Home truly had a user base where they would benefit promoting and selling game related content, surely they would.  

The question then is why is Home no longer a place where these companies, Sony included, chose not to promote or sell their own game related content?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 9 of 21 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Apr 28, 2013
It certainly would be nice for Bioshock Infinite content to come to Playstation Home, but it's a large stretch I'm sure and the game has been out for a while now.

It's nice to see what you're doing though and maybe if we pester the correct people on twitter, at least it'll give the idea a possible sense of acknowledgement.
Message 10 of 21 (291 Views)
0 Likes