Reply
Apr 25 2013
By: wrx009 Sackboy 463 posts
Offline

Curious about Peakvox items

13 replies 355 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

So I'm only 4 books away from my 3rd tank, and I was curious about the Hammer item and the DNA sub species item, more about the latter.

 

First the hammer, Does it make the little strip where you hammer things wider? If so by how much?

 

Second The DNA, In the description it says That's it's a strain that has become resilient to virus attacks. So does it provide a little invincibility or does it just add time to the play clock?

 

Furthermore, are either of them worth it or am I just wasting $10?

Message 1 of 14 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
1126 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

edited


Message 2 of 14 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
1023 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

Apr 25, 2013

wrx009 wrote:

So I'm only 4 books away from my 3rd tank, and I was curious about the Hammer item and the DNA sub species item, more about the latter.

 

First the hammer, Does it make the little strip where you hammer things wider? If so by how much?

 

Second The DNA, In the description it says That's it's a strain that has become resilient to virus attacks. So does it provide a little invincibility or does it just add time to the play clock?

 

Furthermore, are either of them worth it or am I just wasting $10?


I think it's about 3x wider. The hammer game is probably the hardest and unless you are really good at rhythm games you'll probably will have a hard time getting all the rewards. The item makes it 100 times easier.

 

For the DNA it adds 1 minute extra. Item isn't really necessary and is doable without, but if you're keep running out of time, then it might be worth it.

Message 3 of 14 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/26/2012
Offline
636 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

Apr 25, 2013

The Hammer boost make's it easier to get FEVERs in Hammer.  Hammer is actually easier then people may realize.  One of the objectives, reaching 9 FEVERs in a row is easy to accomplish.  All you do is when you get your first FEVER, don't hit any of the DNA that start streaming towards you, let the wave pass.  What this does is prevents the game from speeding up to quickly.  If you repeat this process, it shouldn't be to difficult to get 9 FEVERs in a row.  That how I did it, and I got the Colussal round tank fairly easy. (The Colossal tank shouldn't be confused with the cultivation tank you use in the Lab, it's just something cool you can put out in your personal space.)  you should also be able to pick-up the book from Hammer pretty quickly to.    Reaching level 9 in fever is trickier, even with the Hammer boost I found it tricky to reach level 9, fortunately I only had to do it once.  You have to time the fevers in such away that you can reach level 9 after the last one.    As the stream speeds up as the level increase, it becomes inceasingly difficult to get a fever, by level 7 and 8, I found it tricky just to keep up with the stream of DNA period, but reaching level 9 is do able, you get a huge rectangular tank to use in any personal space.

 

The Huge DNA booster for the Virus game make a huge difference, as was stated previously it gives you a time boost, which in my opinion is needed if you want to achieve 100% in the virus games.   Even with the DNA, and the time boost, it can be tricky to complete the virus games.  I've been playing it for a while now with the booster, and I still haven't achieved 100% on the games.  The best advice I can give for them is to simply perserve. 

 

Good Luck,

Message 4 of 14 (288 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/31/2011
Offline
940 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

Apr 25, 2013

The only game I had trouble was the hammer game. I initially tried to go without the paid items, but after 100 tries or so, can only go around 50% of the rewards, so I gave in and bought the hammer item. Only took 2, 3 tries to get 100%.

 

The DNA game is more based on luck. If your lucky and get the invincible item to appear repeatedly then you'll probably be able to reach the score.

Message 5 of 14 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/27/2009
Offline
463 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

Apr 26, 2013

I'm not trying to clear the whole game, I'm just trying for books for my 3rd tank. Think everyone is skipping my initial questions

Message 6 of 14 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

Apr 26, 2013

wrx009 wrote:

I'm not trying to clear the whole game, I'm just trying for books for my 3rd tank. Think everyone is skipping my initial questions


I thought the others covered your question, but maybe I don't fully understand the question. I can't vouch for the DNA, but I did buy the big hammer and found it extremely helpful. Hope that helps!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 14 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/17/2011
Offline
1157 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

Apr 26, 2013

wrx009 wrote:

Furthermore, are either of them worth it or am I just wasting $10?


Since you're only going for the books, your money would be better spent elsewhere.

 

 

 

 

 

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 8 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/05/2012
Offline
269 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

The Hammer is said to be worth it.  You can complete L-project (100%) without all the books or the 3rd tank.  You just have to complete all the pets and make one of each material on the list. 

Message 9 of 14 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/27/2009
Offline
463 posts
 

Re: Curious about Peakvox items

Apr 26, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

wrx009 wrote:

I'm not trying to clear the whole game, I'm just trying for books for my 3rd tank. Think everyone is skipping my initial questions


I thought the others covered your question, but maybe I don't fully understand the question. I can't vouch for the DNA, but I did buy the big hammer and found it extremely helpful. Hope that helps!


how much did it improve things for you? I mean I've been able to hit 2 fevers so far w/o the help, but is usually the timing that I can't always get because the hit space is so small.

Message 10 of 14 (96 Views)
0 Likes