Codeglue Developer
36 posts

Re: DIY Racer

Apr 5, 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback! It's too bad we can only get this kind of feedback after we release something!

Anyways, we hear you! Next week we will be working on an update for DIY Racer. And we will try and address some of these issues. Grant us a few weeks for these to go live though! 

Cheers,

Peter

P.S. Sorry about those T-shirts! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 53 (250 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Sounds promising enough...
If i may ask about the updates to reduce slot counts on previous items such as the creepy portrait that was promised..?
- Restless Dreams.
Message 22 of 53 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

CodeglueUS wrote:

Hi ILLUMIN-X,

Sorry to hear DIY Racer is not completely to your liking.

We are aware of some of the shortcomings. Especially the 35 slots it eats. This is to do with the performance the game asks from the system. We need to constantly correct Home's physic system which takes up a lot of processing power unfortunately. On the topic of  controls : we chose to use "real" RC controls, which is different of how most race games work. That seems tohave been the wrong decision. Maybe we can change that in an update? 

Cheers,

Peter

Glad to see a post from the developer on this. I left a comment in the feedback thread, but I'll post again here. The use of "real" RC controls is a novelty concept that translates horribly in a virtual environment. This game is completely unplayable in it's current state, and I did not purchase it after trying it at a friend's.  

Simply make the controls and physics on par with normal racing games, and it's already a step in the right direction. I'd probably buy this if the controls become playable and fun, even with the 35 slots.

Just look at  RC Rally for an example of how the racing game controls should be. However, don't use physics like RC Rally's, they are abysmal. As others have already stated, the speed needs to improve as well. 

Going back to the 35 slots though, it is completely ridiculous. Minibots battlebox is far more complex, with spawning enemies and powerups, with lots of visual effects, but only takes 22 slots. So I'm sure this can be fixed in the future. 

Finally, the rewards are really awful. T-shirts aren't  rewards, they are inventory cloggers that will never be used and are avoided by many people (especially me) at all costs.

So I would suggest to add GOOD rewards, or don't add any at all, and take out the T-shirt. Here is a list of rewards that should be AVOIDED by all devs, at all times: 

-T-shirts 
-Hats/head items with default hair (full head coverings are fine)
-Anything with the game or company's logo on it
-SMALL furniture
-TINY pets
-"Hold square to boost" LMOs
-Active items taking more then 20 slots
-Wall hangings

I think DIY Racer could be great if these improvments are made. Otherwise, no sale Smiley Frustrated

I really like this list of suggestions. So much so, I think you should consider making it it's own thread. I only have one initial amendment I would like to make. If the wall hanging can be used as a picture frame (the bigger, brighter, and less glare the better) then I'm all for that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 53 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 5, 2013

CodeglueUS wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback! It's too bad we can only get this kind of feedback after we release something!

Anyways, we hear you! Next week we will be working on an update for DIY Racer. And we will try and address some of these issues. Grant us a few weeks for these to go live though! 

Cheers,

Peter

So glad to hear from the developers on issues like this! Can't wait to see what you guys come up! I like the concept a lot and hope to be able to recommend it to everyone soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 53 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Apr 5, 2013

CodeglueUS wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for replying, and it's great to see you'll be working on an update for this! By all means, take your time to make sure everything is properly fixed, adjusted, and improved quality. Smiley Happy

And no problem, at least you guys now know that nobody likes T-shirts, lol Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 53 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Apr 5, 2013

CodeglueUS wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Peter

Kudos for taking the time to listen to what others are saying and to try and improve your product accordingly.  I look forward to see what any new update brings to the DIY racers.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 26 of 53 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 5, 2013

CodeglueUS wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Peter

I must admit, the concept is beyond cool and I wanted them as soon as I saw it. However, the price points coupled with the problems users seem to have with this game thwarted my anxiousness to get it. 

That said, I appreciate the open dialogue you have created concerning the issues, and will gladly buy these items (regardless of the price) once they're fixed. 

Faster cars w/ user friendly controls! 

Thanks, again! 

HB

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 27 of 53 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Apr 5, 2013

that's why any product as ambitious as this should be beta tested . thanks for the timely response and i look forward to checking out the improvements . (:

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 28 of 53 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Codeglue Developer
36 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Thanks all! 

What we will try to address in the update is the following:

- controls

- camera

- slot usage

- spectator mode

Cheers,

Peter

Message 29 of 53 (144 Views)
Codeglue Developer
36 posts

Apr 9, 2013
That is still on our todo list. We hope to update them this Summer. Smiley Sad Sorry that it is taking so long...
Message 30 of 53 (143 Views)
0 Likes