Treasure Hunter
4055 posts

Re: DNS Code, Home is dying

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
and besides if you are not doing anything they would be interested in looking into then why worry.

That's the sort of rhetoric used to push through legislation that enables nasty people violating not just your privacy but your dignity in ways that would normally otherwise be illegal (the TSA, the En Es Ay, and the likes). If anything, being an honest citizen should by all means entitle you to much more privacy and freedoms, not the other way round.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 61 of 138 (421 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8100 posts

Dec 31, 2013
I dont have any privacy anyways, anything the NSA is doing, companies from other countries and malicious individuals are already doing anyways. And maybe THAT, is all they are looking for anyways.
Message 62 of 138 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8100 posts

Dec 31, 2013
I said anyways like 15 times in 1 sentences.. Im obviously way to drunk to be posting.. Anyways....
Message 63 of 138 (402 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4055 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2013

Happy New Year LOL Smiley Very Happy
Erm yes. This DNS code thingymajig needs fixing anyways.

Edit: Obviously, one person in particular might disagree with that!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 64 of 138 (395 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8100 posts

Dec 31, 2013
I have no clue what a DNS even is honestly, and all my fish are long dead so i haven't even noticed whatever is going on in home. I only commented because someone said NSA is spying on us. Somehow even in my drunken state i can still process the fact that anything the NSA is doing, has already been done by someone who shouldn't have. And that anyone with a concern about them doing so, has a reason to be worried about them watching.
Message 65 of 138 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 31, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Reports work for me. But I do know they do take time to process through.

I'm a patient man. I just keep reporting as needed and then tune out the offender(s).

I never use IGNORE or BLOCK.

Then you live in a fantasy world because the last time those of us who live in the world of reality checked, reporting is pretty much as useless as trying to convince you that Sony did something wrong. Even the most vehement Sony defenders on here have bashed them every now and then when they do something boneheaded like this, everyone but you. Go ahead and report what Tranny says next because you'll likely find it offensive, but in all honesty it's the truth. When it comes to Sony, you're like the battered spouse excusing away his/her inexcusable actions: Oh he/she was under a lot of stress. Oh maybe I deserved it. Oh someone made him/her upset enough to do this. Oh he/she simply had a bad day. And so on and so on. Point blank, you do bring up some valid points every now and then but they're frequently buried under your obsession for kissing Sony's rear. This time around, you have no valid points and your latest excuses to defend Sony are among the worst to date. By their allowing the current problems to continue, they're just as guilty as the hackers. You know, most battered spouses eventually see the light and fight back. It's sad that you won't do the same, because you're not stupid. You're just extremely deep in denial.

Message 66 of 138 (336 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3299 posts

Dec 31, 2013

jwcramona jabbed:

I am qalways amazed to read on this board that peoples lives have been ruined because they saw someone using a glitch.   I think it's time for those people to step away from their ps3's and talk to real people for awhile.  Go outside and get some fresh air.

:^/ This logic applies even more so to the folks who devote their time and energy to creating such hacks in the first place than to those who are annoyed by them. Figuring out the inner workings of a system as a sefl-taught educational exercise is one thing, but imposing such cheats on others is unacceptable.

;^) Home is not an offline game. We are not playing in a vacuum. Everything we do in a public space influences the experiences of others. That circumstance give us an obligation to behave civily and respectully towards others. Civil Rights are not ours alone. Civil Rights also belong to our neighbors, and translate as our own Civil Responsibility to support our neighbors Civil Rights.

Message 67 of 138 (302 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8100 posts

Dec 31, 2013
Omg yall this is just the same thing i was going through a month or however many ago. Oddly a few people in this topic told me that these type of things was not even possible over home. Yall just changed the acronym from DDoS to DNS.

Anyone going through this can call their provider and ask them to make sure their connection is protected from denial of service attacks. Worked like a charm for me. And stop joining group/club chats and going to other peoples personal spaces. The only thing sony could possibly do to stop this type of thing from happening would be to look into a way to protect/encrypt/mask their users ip addresses so that they could not be sniffed in the first place. And it would probably cost way to much time and effort for them to gaf.
Message 68 of 138 (298 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3299 posts

Dec 31, 2013

buckallmighty belittled:

I wouldnt worry about the NSA, i am sure that spy on people 1000x less than their "friends" on facebook do, and besides if you are not doing anything they would be interested in looking into then why worry. Watch me take my dumps, im proud of them anyways and no one else here seems to be interested in seeing it.

Besides, the lie was a lie anyways they are watching them^ not us.

:^/ I'm sorry, Buck. That's not what the Constitution says.

If you'd like a good litmus test to determine whether a citizen should be offended when a government does something, ask yourself if you'd be offended if that action were taken by another citizen, instead.

If I tapped your phone service, intercepted your e-mails and snooped your hard drives, would you be upset? Even though you're not trying to hide criminal activity from me? Then you should be even more offended when the government does those things without a warrant. I say "more so" because the government has arrogated onto itself a position of authority over the populace, which implies an obligation to trustworthiness. And how can the people trust a government that will not trust the people?

Message 69 of 138 (284 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8100 posts

Dec 31, 2013
@Danger_Dad

That would bother me if someone else did, but face it, these things happen every single day over the internet. Especially on smartphones that use googles play store. They barely look into their developers at all and most the apps in their market require permissions to access parts of your phone that the app simply has no reason to need access to. People do not look into these things themselves whenever they install bs on their phones and then complain to the government that someone was able to access their personal information. Therefor, someone has to step in to protect the people who do not know any better, or just do nit believe those things are possible or to gullible to believe anyone would.

I personally have absolutely no problem with the NSA having access to everything i do, so long as they keep their end of the deal and find a way to prevent or at least protect my privacy from being invaded by anyone else.
Message 70 of 138 (271 Views)
0 Likes