Oct 14 2013
By: Tempest_Fire PlayStation Community Manager 4738 posts

Developer Recognition - Award Season

27 replies 783 views Edited Oct 14, 2013

Being a part of the PlayStation Home Community is a unique experience on the console. There's a sense of relationship that often transcends the program itself, and becomes very real and personal.  The people that we meet in Home can become close friends or bitter rivals, but they all have the potential to touch our lives in profound ways.  

Our development community is no different.  It's always a pleasure to sit down and chat with developers of our favorite items and spaces.  Anyone who works that hard on this platform certainly "gets it" and can just as easily build relationships in Home.  Because of that it's easy to feel a sense of pride when you find out that folks from the dev community have achieved something special. 

Recently I've discovered that two of our community are up for two separate impressive awards.

The guys over at Atom Republic have been nominated for the TIGA 2013 Start-Up Award, recognizing "outstanding new compan(ies) started up in the last 12 months,". Check in with TIGA on November 6th to see if they win this very cool award.

Also, PSTalent has been nominated for this year’s Spirit of the Entrepreneur Emerging Entrepreneur Award for businesses less than five years old. They'll find out November 19th if they've won.

I wanted to publicly wish these guys luck, but I also wanted to take a moment to highlight just two of the magnificent collection of developers whose creations our community is fortunate enough to enjoy.  Good luck guys!

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 1 of 28 (783 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29267 posts

Re: Developer Recognition - Award Season

Oct 14, 2013

That is pretty sweet. Thank you for sharing. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 28 (766 Views)
MVP Support
10156 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I would also love to congratulate them for making interesting content they have offered in PlayStation Home. And I wish them the best of luck if they win their respective awards. With them being part of the PlayStation Home Community, Home is a lot more interesting than before. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 28 (758 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2358 posts

Oct 14, 2013
Good luck to them, they deserve the recognition.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 4 of 28 (735 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 14, 2013

Congrats to the nominees Smiley Happy

What is TIGA? 

As trade body for the UK Games industry, developers and digital publishers, we've set up our awards up with a difference. We want to give the whole industry the chance to showcase its achievements and to applaud and encourage the next generation, from exciting start-ups to debut games and students.

Publishers that are doing the most to support the UK Games Industry. Judges will be looking for evidence of support for developers.

Channel 4
Curve Digital
Gameloft
Lockwood Publishing

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 5 of 28 (684 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4550 posts

Oct 14, 2013

Congrats to them Smiley Happy 

They really deserve it. Always giving us great content and work really hard.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 6 of 28 (678 Views)
Fender Bender
1470 posts

Oct 14, 2013

Congratulations on your nominations and I wish you both the best of luck! 

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 7 of 28 (669 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5756 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

Congrats an good luck to both Atom Republic and PSTALENT!

DIRECTOR_ON_DUTY has a great entrepreneurial vision for PST and I'm continually impressed with the things he comes up with (you will be too, when you see the projects that are in the works come to fruition!). In addition to that, it's really the community that helps make PST so unique; it brings such a diverse bunch of talented people together and gives them a platform to create and share something really special!

This Thursday at 9:30am Pacific, a camera crew from the Spirit of the Entrepreneur awards will be in at the PSTALENT offices in Palm Springs, and also capturing footage of PST cast, crew, friends and fans in PlayStation Home for the awards show reel! If you'd like to be part of this, you're all welcome to join us at Loot's Space Station Community Theater at 9:30am Pacific!

Message 8 of 28 (620 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Oct 14, 2013

Congratulations to those over at Atom Republic and PSTalent

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 9 of 28 (592 Views)
Monster Hunter
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

Wow!! Yay!! I'm so proud of our group. Go PSTALENT!!! I think we are by far a very talented group of people. This is very nice to be considered in such an amazing event as this one. Thank you to all of our supporters as well as members! We couldn't have made everything possible without you guys! Thanks to Sony for their support as well. Hope we win! Smiley Happy

Congrats to Atom Republic as well! I know that they have such a great collection of items to choose from! I, personally, love their dances. Once again, Congrats to you Atom Republic! 

Message 10 of 28 (565 Views)