Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: Do NOT leave out Canada! *Unofficial Canadian Thread*

May 4, 2009
They need a Canada Server.. Then the US could be in their US server. We could have igloos and Polar Bears Just Kidding.. Kind of.
Message 640 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

May 5, 2009

Darkened_Phoenix wrote:
They need a Canada Server.. Then the US could be in their US server. We could have igloos and Polar Bears Just Kidding.. Kind of.

I think the idea was suggested and it was greated with positivity.  Igloods would be so cool.  And it could snow like they had in Ja p home at christmas

Put a stop to it agent P

Eh Oh Canada Go!!! This is our Games
Message 641 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

May 5, 2009

I, AM, CANADIAN!! Wo0t w0Ot!! totally in for almost everything said in this

Message 642 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

May 5, 2009
this is a thread that should have been locked a long time ago.
MARIO_25's Sig Image
It's a me, a Mario
Message 643 of 1,426 (4 Views)
Wastelander
678 posts

May 5, 2009

l_MARIO_l wrote:
this is a thread that should have been locked a long time ago.

To late for that.  If it gets locked a ton of angry people would create so many new threads bashing mods that the servers would crash and I don't want that.

Put a stop to it agent P

Eh Oh Canada Go!!! This is our Games
Message 644 of 1,426 (4 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1190 posts

May 5, 2009

nix_n_kuts wrote:

Wardork wrote:

nix_n_kuts wrote:

Good news: PSN Cards are comming!

It must be ofical, I just put down a preorder for a $20 PSN Card at EB Games. If it's in their computer system, the have to be getting them soon. I was told they would be here this summer, but still no ofical date.

i'll believe it when i see it.

Go to EB Games and ask to put down a preorder, you can pay for it in full like I did.

dude, that's so awesome! i'm so going to totally do that when pay day rolls around Thursday
Message 645 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

May 5, 2009

I'm from Quebec, Canada and frankly, I think you people are complaining about mostly trivial matters. Some people in the topic have claimed they bought PSN store cards in Canadian stores before, hence they are apparently avialable for Canadians, so either check stores to find your own or get them , in the worse case scenario, from the states using ebay or something. Credit cards are usually free of charge, just get one if you so desperately want to buy PSN content... Or get a vanilla credit card if you're scared of online fraud.

I understand people wanting the video store, but it's just a novelty thing... There's tons of places where you can rent movies and blu-ray dvds in Canada, there's tv, there's the computer to watch films on... People manage to get their movie fix just fine without the video store... And since it would be a huge legal hassle with the CRTC and would probably require all movies to have french dubs and subs, I can undertand why Canada doesn't have it... At least not yet. Sony has alot more important matters to work on than providing video content to -500000 canadian users, most of them who will probably not downlad more than one or two movies in the long run anyways.

In the end, we're getting the exact same Playstation Store content as the US, minus the video service. The US Playstation is one of the most supported stores in the world, much more complete that the European store, for instance. People in canada should be happy we're teamed up with the US when it comes to getting content... And even more happy that our content isn't handled by Sony Canada, which is slow and unneficient.

As for home, we're also getting the same content as the US, which is great, frankly. We have more homespace to visit that the rest of the world, the only thing lacking is a few of the costumes frome Europe and Japan. I'll admit stuff like the Killzone 2 Amazon preorder costume ordeal kinda sucked, since us canadians coudn't buy from Amazon.com due to game import policies and Amazon.ca didn't have the suits, but they did have a ugly beany hat you could get for free, so I guess it depends on what the marketing department wants to offer you. In any case, I can live with a few preorder items being unavialable to Canada and i'm sure you can too... Once again just import the US version if you really must have useless home costumes or memorablia, just like you would order from Japan if you wanted a specific trinquet avialable only there.

Sure we can't participate in some contests, but honestly, hardly anyone ever wins contest anyways and it's normal since the US and Canadian marketing branches are different and they can't really offer the same prizes most of the time.

So basically, you guys need to stop whining. Canada is getting DVD releases and Movie Releases on the same time as in the US. We're also getting games on the same day... The PSN store is mostly identical, so is home. So stop annoying Sony about trivial matters.

The only thing they need to do is hire better french translators for mall items. I swear i have my home set to french and here's some of the typos that are plain hilariously badly embarassing.

Pirate hat = "Pirater le chapeau" - Rougly translate to "Steal the hat" lol.

---
The wind carried screams from the west, I could not help but smile - Kain - MGO - Stealth_Viper
Message 646 of 1,426 (4 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 5, 2009

Signed,

Kellog_G8 

Message 647 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

May 5, 2009
MOVE TO US, MOVE TO US, MOVE TO US... i mean move to U.S.A Smiley Tongue
Message 648 of 1,426 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1047 posts

May 5, 2009

greenito wrote:
MOVE TO US, MOVE TO US, MOVE TO US... i mean move to U.S.A Smiley Tongue

Why any Canadian would want to move to the states is beyond me.  Bad banks, bad healthcare, unaffordable education.......
 photo Can-AmRacingjimmy1971SigTPRA_zps51398178.jpg
Message 649 of 1,426 (4 Views)