Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Re: Do you remember?

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

3096061233_6780ec83cd.jpg

late beta, downloaded the 77 MB and loaded up a funny tile screen that clicked. you member!

Getting to the plaza and seeing the holographic "Home arch'' and walking around seeing the big screen across a cement pond that reminded me of Sea World. We had "open'' mics so Everyone talked to everyone. Wasn't long after that I was Rick Rolled Smiley Tongue We lost open mics a few days later to ''technical issues'' and here we are.

I remember a small area near that had a crude dance area and I remember the first time selecting a casual dance.

Funny now thinking back because of all the changes and friends made along the way. Through good and some bad I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Wow! That takes me back! I remember jumping on and seeing CydoniaX idling in the plaza/square. Either the next day, or a few days later, I recall going to a CM meet and greet held by CydoniaX. As I recall, she was introucing Locust_Star to the closed beta community.

I remember getting the bubble machine, the summer house, and a few other goodies. The dance area was this little rectangle space recessed into the building. 

PS. Great thread, Jers! I appreciate the memorable moments! Smiley Happy

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 31 of 82 (196 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Is it weird that I saw an avatar with Cydonias ID the other day in Edo? She ran up and disappeared before it could hit me properly. Still not sure if that really happened.

I remember a week after my friend Steve passed away, his roommate and I turned on his Playstation to see what games he had. We were debating selling it but really had no clue what to do with it. He had nothing on the harddrive and we didnt feel right rifling through a dead mans room to play his games.
We saw the Home icon and I clicked it. Waited for what felt like years for the tile menu to open up and reveal its early open beta awesomeness to my friend and I. Within a half hour my friend got bored and went to his room. I stayed playing in the bowling alley and won the Echochrome outfit, and parts of the Ice Breaker outfit.
I turned off the system and we sold it the next day for rent. Two weeks later I bought my own and went instantly for Home again. Bought a gold moose wall hanging from Loot, put up my digital feet and told myself 'I could get used to this place'
Pretty much 5 years later I am still here on my original account noob no more. Glad to have been a part of the program. Words cant describe the years' worth of fun had.
Support Forums
Message 32 of 82 (183 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
14014 posts

Apr 29, 2013

My first time on Home is when I was a newcomer and didn't know what I was doing around the time. I even first played the Axe mini-game to earn my first reward item. All that has changed is when I met my first friend on Home and bought my own clothes, furniture, and items to drop the noob status.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Sun 7:00am-6:30pm PT)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 33 of 82 (179 Views)
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Message 34 of 82 (171 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Apr 29, 2013
I remember the talks of how it would revolutionize the PS3. It was seriously staged up to be the Facebook of the PS3.

I logged on for the first time, visited the Hub, met some trolls, talking crap to other people over local mic and couldn't see how this would take off, like planned. They stopped the big time events (no, not the redundant weekly Blog events to showcase what I could find on Alphazone4), where they pulled in developers of upcoming games, which were the last thread of anything communal, then it hasn't been the same since.

Home used to be where users could get inside info live, right there from the game developers, themselves and grab neat, exclusive content. Now it's great for many as any ol' virtual environment and, of course, S&G.

Well, that's what I remember.
Message 35 of 82 (163 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I remember my first day in Home. I admit I was kind of overwhelmed by it all but I adjusted. I think that first I was stuck in the wardrobe making myself out of all the default clothes, than I was lost in the World Map ((Which their were not many places at that time To go)) so I went to Central Plaza, and just explored...don't know how I  ended up here though Smiley Surprised

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 36 of 82 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 29, 2013

My experience is much like some here, the first time I logged into Home was at the request of a friend.  I found it to be a bit overwhelming and didnt really get it.  Then at the request of another friend 2 years later I reluctantly gave it another try at that time the winter holiday hollabaloo was available, so I decided to check it out Smiley Surprised I was hooked!! 

Message 37 of 82 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

But then when I did finally buy some psn cards and bought stuff I saw the addictiveness of it. I didn't start making friends until I joined up on the forums here a few weeks later. I made some friends with people on here, and also found out about a club that I joined and made friends in there too. I try to help people who look new to Home now if they have any questions, and I refer them to the forums here too. Because I don't want them to have the same type of experience that I did when I first joined. 

I try to do that too, if they don't have a good first experience, who knows if they'll come back?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 82 (129 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Apr 29, 2013
My first day on Home I was trying to talk to every female avatar that was out there and being a total noob. Needless to say that account was banned and I had to make a new gamertag and learn the rules of Home and I met the Hammies who helped me with a great deal.
Message 39 of 82 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 29, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Is it weird that I saw an avatar with Cydonias ID the other day in Edo? She ran up and disappeared before it could hit me properly. Still not sure if that really happened.

I remember a week after my friend Steve passed away, his roommate and I turned on his Playstation to see what games he had. We were debating selling it but really had no clue what to do with it. He had nothing on the harddrive and we didnt feel right rifling through a dead mans room to play his games.
We saw the Home icon and I clicked it. Waited for what felt like years for the tile menu to open up and reveal its early open beta awesomeness to my friend and I. Within a half hour my friend got bored and went to his room. I stayed playing in the bowling alley and won the Echochrome outfit, and parts of the Ice Breaker outfit.
I turned off the system and we sold it the next day for rent. Two weeks later I bought my own and went instantly for Home again. Bought a gold moose wall hanging from Loot, put up my digital feet and told myself 'I could get used to this place'
Pretty much 5 years later I am still here on my original account noob no more. Glad to have been a part of the program. Words cant describe the years' worth of fun had.

hehe..that is a little weird. I haven't seen that ID since she left.  Not while I was in-world, anyway. 

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 40 of 82 (109 Views)
0 Likes