Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

Re: Does Sony approve of the self-appointed moderators?

Aug 27, 2014
Sony needs to do more to permaban those who impersonate a mod and freeze servers. Home is slow enough already to add restarting my PS3 to the list.
Message 11 of 62 (1,036 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

UltraPSX wrote:
Sony needs to do more to permaban those who impersonate a mod and freeze servers. Home is slow enough already to add restarting my PS3 to the list.

They are too busy banning users who post screen shots of these mod hackers... yeah that's right, you get a temporary ban from the forum if you post a screen shot of a user using the Mod hack (another reason the blacklisting rule is ridiculous).... but of course they don't ban the user doing the mod hack.  Brilliant customer service.

Reason #256 Why Home is Failing

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 12 of 62 (1,020 Views)
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Not only do I not approve of those self-appointed Mods, I don't show them any mercy either. I usually report them on sight.

Message 13 of 62 (1,016 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

I bet these wanna be Moderators just love the attention we're giving them. How many discussions is that now on fake Mods and "hackers"? I bet they'll come back for more when their "popularity" starts to fade away.

I am a snitch. When I see a threat to other users or to Home itself, I will take action. Our continued inactivity may be sending an "okay" to these internet punks.

My last word in this discussion: Ciao.

Why don't you call out Sony for once rather than blaming users for trying to make them aware of it on these forums....or isn't that part of your agenda?

Listen closely ok lil' Conrad? Sony will NOTacknowledge the issue, will NOT report if anything is being done about it, will NOT assure people that they are securing their servers and property, will NOT shut down websites that sell and promote these exploits, will NOT show that they mean business when it comes to this stuff. People continue to see it happening, so what's the answer there Ace? C'mon--no bailing, no Ciao after your one post

Stand up on behalf of Home users and rip into Sony for their incompetence Mr. Max. You see it like everyone else. Then tell people on these forums what they should do to make sure Sony hears their message. Tell people why they are not seeing any indication or proof that these things are being dealt with. 

No need to announce you're a "snitch" either--I think most people realize that by now. I can see you contacting forum mods as I type. lol 

You do realize Sony is not going to officially admit to having the PS3's LV0 Decryption Key comprimised.

I'm pretty sure officialy telling folks that they can do absolutely nothing about this matter would give folks loads of confidence in their network lol.

It's unfortunate but Sony created an "Honor System" with their network and that lack of forethought with security has pretty much gotten them in the present situation.Woman Happy 

Honestly, I don't think there's anything more they can do to decrease people's trust and confidence in their network. lol I  really don't know all of the technical aspects, but what I do know is that Home is a hacker's/exploiter's paradise...and there is no way that I'm going to believe that a company like Sony cant do anything about it.....if they really wanted to. In terms of the network itself, any bets that this Decryption Key is available to people on the PS4 as well? I wouldn't be suprised if they went with the "Honor System" again. They just don't learn from previous mistakes and mis-steps. It  took taking down the whole network for a month and compromising personal information for them to realize that they needed more security measures in place...and they still get hit with attacks that take the network down! That's just incompetence and a serious lack of network/server security knowledge I would say. Like I've asked before--and this is not just to be a wisecracker.....why not seek help from an outside source on network/servers/security if you cant get it done in-house?  

That lack of server/network security carries right over into Home, but with Home they just decided to let it go. I just really want an answer to one question in regards to all of this...and I know I'm not going to get one from a Sony "official" (these people are so UNofficial and unprofessional that I could hardly type that word lol) who actually knows, but I'll shoot anyways. Why is it that websites that are dedicated to hacking/exploiting Home's servers allowed to exist? They make money selling the exploits that take money directly from Home and its developers. Is there any rational explanation for why a legal team  wouldn't want to get to the bottom of that as quickly as possible? If for no other reason, for the developers that are getting ripped off? I've seen it and believe me, they are losing a whole lot of money. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to make content for Home, knowing how careless Sony is about hacking and exploits.   

I'm not a hater. I have nothing against you, most anyone else here...or the Home technology. My problem is with Sony. I'm going to put a piece of black tape over the logo on my PS3 so I never have to be reminded of who made the console I'm using. lol

@macediggity thumbs up to your last post. Thanks for the assist lol 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 14 of 62 (1,014 Views)
Wastelander
716 posts

Aug 27, 2014
That's pretty bold.
In my opinion authority as a whole is pretty skewed. And with his informativeness, he might have been able to do something.

Unfortunately that means very little because if he's freezing servers it's not worth anything. I honestly wish there was something that could be done aside from reporting and hoping something happens. But who knows.
Message 15 of 62 (999 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Apparently this has become one of homes biggest issues to date. We have to stop giving them attention. I dont really believe nothing is being done about this. Im sure they are aware of the issue n are trying to do something about this. You all cant believe sony would announce such a fix in place. Eventually things get patched  and im sure this will be one of them. As far as snitching, anyone who puts my hdd drive in danger, im snitching  since there is no way to get to these people to deal with it the proper way.  The report system does work, it may not seem it cuz theres hundreds if not thousands of reports coming in. It seems these people are low lifes scum suckers, beneath the bottom of the barrel  craving for attention. Simple solution, hire some model home members (like myself hehe)  and appoint us as volunteer mods,  or pay us  either way. Fly us out, interview us and let us clean this up.  Far fetched huh?  Id prob have a better chance of seeing god tonight in my harbor studio. lol  Really, in all seriousness, ignore them n report them and let the fake modder jobbers live thier miserable worthless lives.  And thats all i gotta say about that.

Message 16 of 62 (956 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Conrad_Max wrote:

I bet these wanna be Moderators just love the attention we're giving them. How many discussions is that now on fake Mods and "hackers"? I bet they'll come back for more when their "popularity" starts to fade away.

I don't mind being called a snitch. When I see a threat to other users or to Home itself, I will take action. Our continued inactivity may be sending an "okay" to these internet punks.

My last word in this discussion: Ciao.

Where any of those 25,000+ posts used for something other than trolling in the name of all that is Sony?

Message 17 of 62 (945 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 27, 2014

I smell a troll in the OP.

Press Ignore.

Message 18 of 62 (942 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2811 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Hey folks

Let's remember to keep any personal insults out of discussion and stay on topic   Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Message 19 of 62 (923 Views)
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

THE_MESSlAH_ wrote:

Where any of those 25,000+ posts used for something other than trolling in the name of all that is Sony?

Popping in one last time as the OP decided to try and derail the thread he had started.

Many people come to this forum to complain about tech issues and other users. For some, they soon become like the people that they are complaining about. This discussion was about fake Moderators in Home, not about me or anyone else who is trying to help. But thank you for your observation. Carry on.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 20 of 62 (908 Views)
0 Likes