Wastelander
571 posts

Re: Does Sony approve of the self-appointed moderators?

Aug 27, 2014

sorry rainbow if you were referring to me, sumtimes i get carried away on people breaking the rules to hurt other users. APOLOJIZE 

Message 21 of 62 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Aug 27, 2014

HOPPER_34 wrote:

who actually knows, but I'll shoot anyways. Why is it that websites that are dedicated to hacking/exploiting Home's servers allowed to exist? They make money selling the exploits that take money directly from Home and its developers. Is there any rational explanation for why a legal team  wouldn't want to get to the bottom of that as quickly as possible? If for no other reason, for the developers that are getting ripped off?

Good question that's getting lost in the shuffle here.  It seems hypocritical to ignore the existence of hacking websites that advertise tools on how to mod hack the PSN network. Especially when Sony previously charged ahead and sued the actor playing Kevin Butler for damages to Sony's image because he (the actor Jerry Lambert) was seen in a tire advertisement simply playing a Nintendo Wii!

Tell me what's more damaging to a company's corporate image: a limited-run advertisement that barely anyone would remember after a year; or a policy of ignoring a major security threat that violates Sony's TOS in every way, and directly infringes on tens of thousands of their honest end users?

Message 22 of 62 (646 Views)
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Aug 27, 2014

In real life anyone can "decide" they want to be a cop. But you just can't put on the uniform, hop in the car and throw tickets around for the heck of it and call yourself a cop.

If you are an unstable nutjob who wants to abuse power then you will be weeded out before you even get the power. ~cough usually, lol~ Some people want to be a cop just to be a jerk and ruin peoples' lives, usually because they had issues as a child and such, but I won't get into that.

Then there are the real cops, who understand everyone at the same level and use their power to help the innocent. This is what we want in a cop and a mod.

You cannot just decide you want to be in a power position and do it. You have to earn it and peoples' trust. Then they will respect how and when you can make the correct decisions.

Message 23 of 62 (629 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Aug 27, 2014

lovely1rainbow wrote:

Hey folks

Let's remember to keep any personal insults out of discussion and stay on topic   Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Thank you Rainbow for looking out for us, and I'm sure Conrad_Max will behave himself from now on.

Message 24 of 62 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

There's only 1 solution stay off PSH that way they don't get any PS3's to freeze the way PSH is going you'll be lucky if Sony doesn't scrap it within a year Japan region of PSH is going they never had the Fake Moderators glitchers problems it's Europe PSH that should be going never mind Asia region of PSH 

Message 25 of 62 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

Katsuune wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

who actually knows, but I'll shoot anyways. Why is it that websites that are dedicated to hacking/exploiting Home's servers allowed to exist? They make money selling the exploits that take money directly from Home and its developers. Is there any rational explanation for why a legal team  wouldn't want to get to the bottom of that as quickly as possible? If for no other reason, for the developers that are getting ripped off?

Good question that's getting lost in the shuffle here.  It seems hypocritical to ignore the existence of hacking websites that advertise tools on how to mod hack the PSN network. Especially when Sony previously charged ahead and sued the actor playing Kevin Butler for damages to Sony's image because he (the actor Jerry Lambert) was seen in a tire advertisement simply playing a Nintendo Wii!

Tell me what's more damaging to a company's corporate image: a limited-run advertisement that barely anyone would remember after a year; or a policy of ignoring a major security threat that violates Sony's TOS in every way, and directly infringes on tens of thousands of their honest end users?

Trying to stop the information now would be useless. It's like closing the barn after the animals have escaped.

When it comes to modders, the problem is suing the end user. And every PS3 out there has the ability to be jailbroken in the same way. It would cost a lot for Sony to go after every modder in a law suit, and even if they did, they still have no way to stop people from doing it. What it all comes down to, is how much money is Sony losing because of modders compared to how much it would cost them to wage the legal seige against their own members in what would probably be a vain attempt to stop it.

The easiest solution, build a more secure console and make the PS3 obsolete. I think that is the course Sony chose.

Message 26 of 62 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1960 posts

Aug 27, 2014

No, they don't. That's why they still console ban them repeatedly.

Message 27 of 62 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Katsuune wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

One more reply--just because it's Kat lol Hi! I wasn't aware of the Jerry Lambert situation to be honest, but it is in line with Sony logic. You provided an excellent example of the glaring hypocrisy that exists at Sony. If you, or anyone else here, haven't seen what these Home exploits can do or how they work, you would be shocked. All kinds of mods that we hear about every day here, access to any personal space in any region of Home (to get rewards w/o buying the space), access to "special" malls that sell discontinued Home items...and more. All of this available for anyone who is willing to pay one particular website a fee for the DNS numbers. A major blow to devs who hope to make money on their personal spaces. 

This doesn't even include that "other site" that is even worse in terms of actual PC hacking for rewards with access to Home's reward databases. No need to buy upgrades, tickets, tokens or anything else that is normally required to complete games for rewards. More money lost...a LOT of money. 

Seriously, is there any wonder why Home is on its way out? No way on God's green Earth that I'm trying to sell (or buy) anything on a platform that just freely and openly allows people to get them via other, illegal means. 

The Home TOS has been violated in so many ways, by so many people that it's about as relevant as that one blade of grass sticking up in the corner of my backyard. lol

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 28 of 62 (599 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 27, 2014

lovely1rainbow wrote:

Hey folks

Let's remember to keep any personal insults out of discussion and stay on topic   Smiley Happy

Thank you!

This is kinda off topic, but are you single?

@lovely1rainbow 

Message 29 of 62 (592 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

Aug 28, 2014

HOPPER_34 wrote:

My guess is the 1 guy that still works for Home doesn't have the time to deal with stuff like this?

But seriously, there isn't even a reliable way for us to report this stuff, it seems they would rather ban someone who uses a swear word than deal with things that do real damage to the finance / infrastructure of Home. And when numbers are down, my guess is Home staff gets scaled back, which further reduces the capacity to improve it.

Looks like a vicious cycle. And as they say, you have to spend money to make money, unfortunately it seems like 99% is going into virtual items when it should be split into desperately needed core improvements and getting rid of hackers. Like trying to bail out a sinking boat with a bucket instead of patching the holes. But I hope I'm wrong.

Message 30 of 62 (522 Views)