Wastelander
631 posts

Re: Drawing Home avatars

Jun 3, 2013
So PinkJulia you have art school to go to ? Because my creating is kind of little off if you tell all of us how you did this we be glad to have our own drawings like you Smiley Happy And thanks for kudo my photo I know you work hard to get this finish so I did one for my own !
Message 391 of 404 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
252 posts

Jun 3, 2013
You are welcome, and i didnt go to any art school. I just enjoy drawing so much, and i try to learn by myself and with some friends that are better than me. I still have a lot to learn, but if you want to get better just draw, draw and draw... Draw when you go to the park, your friends, every day, try to study anatomy if you draw human figures, watch some videos, read some books and practice a lot... This is what i do.

I made the drawings in this thread using a wacom intuos5 tablet, medium size, and sketchbook pro with photoshop. I usually make a sketch to get proportions right (or kind of...), then lower opacity of the sketch level and make a new one with more details. Then another one with the outline, which i refine the best i can. After that I make a level under the outline to colour the drawing, and usually make separate levels for skin colours, clothes, etc. This way i can duplicate them and fill them with, for example, a darker colour that then i erase partially to make shading. On another level i draw the shadow over the character.

Sorry for any grammar mistake
Message 392 of 404 (385 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Sad to see you go, but wish you all the best in the future, thanks for letting us look into your life and see the great talent you have, good luck!!!! :-)
 photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Message 393 of 404 (317 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1233 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

edit: Thanks for letting me know my post was empty julia Smiley Tongue I got some error while typing it so I guess that screwed it up.

I just wanted to wish you luck with your new job and say that I hope you can return to us soon!

& thank you Chad, I try.

Message 394 of 404 (291 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

^ I am so moved by your post. It brought a tear to my eye.

EDIT: The above statement was referring to your original post, the blank one. Just being a wise guy Smiley Tongue

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 395 of 404 (288 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4056 posts

Jun 7, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

^ I am so moved by your post. It brought a tear to my eye.

EDIT: The above statement was referring to your original post, the blank one. Just being a wise guy Smiley Tongue

Don't you hate it when you make a joke about someone else's post, and then they edit it and make your joke look stupid and unfunny? Happens to me ALL the time. It's DEFINITELY the editors fault... it can't be me... I'm hillarious. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 396 of 404 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
252 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I didnt want to make a new thread to say goodbye, so i will post here because i have so many nice memories about this thread.
I just wanted to say goodbye to the nice friends that i met in these months, and to the great people that i made drawings for. I am selling my ps3 to buy a 3ds xl, animal crossing new leaf and some other games, and i hope you dont judge me for a goodbye post, i think i have done a bit for the community and i just wanted to say ciao and not just disappear, because i wont post here anymore (i didnt post much anyway..). I did stupid things, mistakes, but i enjoyed the people i talked to and my time.
The last years of my life have been a bit difficult, and Home helped me meet people from the other side of the world and also learn english, a nice distraction sometimes.

If i am on your friend list, you can delete me, and i hope you enjoyed me as a friend. If you want to stay in contact, just send me a pm and we add each others on something.

Ciao
Message 397 of 404 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

We are going to miss you. Good luck in whatever you choose to do and I wish you'd create a Deviant Art account and let us know what it is so some of us can follow your work.

Joanna

Message 398 of 404 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 3, 2013

This is really sad news.

It'll be a shame to lose some positive aspect of this forum board, and my friends list as well.

You've been a good friend Julia, and I'm glad I've got to know you outside of this forum board. We had nice times together, and if you have anything like Skype and such, you should let me know.

We can communicate that way.

Message 399 of 404 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3274 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Good luck to you.  Thanks for creating this thread, I've enjoyed your drawings.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 400 of 404 (136 Views)
0 Likes