Treasure Hunter
4700 posts

Re: E3 hasn't even Officially started for the PS section, so calm DOWN

Jun 12, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:

If all that were true, Sony would've pulled Home a LONG time ago. 

Just like they pulled Life With Playstation and OtherOS. Sony doesnt just keep dead weight laying around, for no apparent reason. If Sony felt the same as you do, we wouldnt be having this convo...cuz there would be no Home forums to discuss this on.

Life With PlayStation had a pre-set date it was going to run for.  And the Other OS?  lol, really?  Everyone loved that the reason Sony did away with that was it ran a security issue for the PS3.

As I keep telling everyone in the beginning the point of Home was to keep PSN free for everyone.  This mission of Sony's could still be a success but Sony may still not be getting a proffit from it.  

One thing they didn't talk about at E3 was if Sony would be charging people for on-line on the PS4.  The rumors are they will and if they do then we know that it's very unlikely that Home will be on there.

I believe those of us who saw Sony's Press Conference can confirm a Plus subscription is required for online. So yes, you have to pay.

Message 21 of 23 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Thew902 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:

If all that were true, Sony would've pulled Home a LONG time ago. 

Just like they pulled Life With Playstation and OtherOS. Sony doesnt just keep dead weight laying around, for no apparent reason. If Sony felt the same as you do, we wouldnt be having this convo...cuz there would be no Home forums to discuss this on.

Life With PlayStation had a pre-set date it was going to run for.  And the Other OS?  lol, really?  Everyone loved that the reason Sony did away with that was it ran a security issue for the PS3.

As I keep telling everyone in the beginning the point of Home was to keep PSN free for everyone.  This mission of Sony's could still be a success but Sony may still not be getting a proffit from it.  

One thing they didn't talk about at E3 was if Sony would be charging people for on-line on the PS4.  The rumors are they will and if they do then we know that it's very unlikely that Home will be on there.

I believe those of us who saw Sony's Press Conference can confirm a Plus subscription is required for online. So yes, you have to pay.

If he's still skeptical, he can check this link.

It even explains why they're going this route.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/12/new-ps-ps4-online-requirement-info-asynchronous-onlin...

Message 22 of 23 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Thew902 wrote:

Ok then there is no point in keep Home any more.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 23 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes