Oh yeah make new friends yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Re: FRIENDS

Sep 10, 2012

What I think is funny is when they send you a friends request then run or poof.

Message 13 of 34 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 10, 2012
Nicely said OP. I Wish you success in your positive endeavours Smiley Happy
Support Forums
Message 14 of 34 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Sep 10, 2012

crazy_kracker1 wrote:

I used to love this show!! I sometimes watch the reruns too.Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 34 (354 Views)
Sackboy
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

Truth is, I think it took some courage to write that OP and post it... I have been posting here since March of this year and spent the preceding 3 months reading before my first post... I don't see a lot of people jumping at the chance to go back and admit they were wrong or taking the time to reassess their own positions... when it does happen it's certainly not the norm.

Here's how I see you all...

I come from a close family... but an honest family as well. As none of us are perfect, so my brother and I have had our differences over the years. I can say what I want about my brother to anyone... but if someone else says those things, I'd have a problem... anyone close to a sibling is likely to feel this way...

Disguising one's identity is easy; disguising one's personality is much more difficult... so each of the perceived personalities portrayed here are fairly accurate if followed for a while. This said, the fact is we keep coming back to the forums (and HOME) no matter how much we may have disagreed with something said here.

My point is, regardless of our differences or how many barbs we throw, I still get really excited when I see one of you (any of you) in-world... and I know that no matter how much I disagree with something you've said here I would still jump to your defense if someone were saying something about you elsewhere because the forum for me is like a family of sorts... you hang out somewhere for so long, and so often, you start to feel a kinship...

So Kudos to you, Shadow, for even taking the time to critique your own opinions... let alone post that reassessment...

Message 16 of 34 (343 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Sorry I may have a rather cynical view on posts like this. I'm NOT saying this about Shadow but there are people out there (on Home and real Life) all of a sudden, through drastic changes in their personnel lives find a 12 step program, become born again or find themselves in prison (or something worse).

They finally see the errors in their ways. So after months or years of taking their abuse and putting up with their crap everything supposedly changes in a wink of an eye and a new man/woman is born. Sorry I have a problem with that. Everything isn't all rosy with puppy dogs and fluffy clouds.

Good for you Shadow on your new path, but don't get upset if everyone isn't going Yahoo!!

Message 17 of 34 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Sorry didn't mean to close the discussion...Give me heck... I'm a heartless unforgiving soul...??  Yeah for shadow??

Message 18 of 34 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Hello everyone. My name is Shadow.

I've been posting here in the forums for about 9 months now. During that time, I have learned a lot and went thru a few personal changes. I realise initially, my behavior was a bit immature and unacceptable. I was new here. Didnt read the forum rules or TOS. Didnt familiarise myself with the code of conduct here. Not very proud of that. And its something I hope to correct and make up for. 

Granted, I wont always agree on every topic or side with the most popular POV. I try to see all perspectives, and formulate a decent conclusion or counter proposal to whatever topic is discussed. Sometimes I play the devil's advocate, once in a while..just to see how things look from another angle. But for the most part, I try to use a little common sense and think before I type. 

Well, all that being said...I feel I've been here long enough that a lot of you are starting to look familiar. I see a lot of you posting in threads that I recognise. I've even ran across a few of you on Home, lol. I think it's time I start reaching out to everyone here, get to know you guys a bit more. Im looking to expand on my friends list and pick up a few people here as well, if I can. Would be cool to make some new friends. 

So, if ya wanna give it a shot...add me on PSN and we'll go from there. ^_^

So you're saying thay you're going to try to change how you are so forum users will like you? I wouldn't be able to give in like that. Good for you I guess, but a leopard can't change its spots.  

Message 19 of 34 (251 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I applaud Shadow's courage to post something very honest and sincere, as well as owning up to his (or her?) own immature previous behavior. I would hope that everyone would give them a new chance and welcome them into the community with our traditional warm Home welcome. Heart

Message 20 of 34 (225 Views)