Sep 08 2012
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 2039 posts

FRIENDS

33 replies 1032 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

Hello everyone. My name is Shadow.

I've been posting here in the forums for about 9 months now. During that time, I have learned a lot and went thru a few personal changes. I realise initially, my behavior was a bit immature and unacceptable. I was new here. Didnt read the forum rules or TOS. Didnt familiarise myself with the code of conduct here. Not very proud of that. And its something I hope to correct and make up for. 

Granted, I wont always agree on every topic or side with the most popular POV. I try to see all perspectives, and formulate a decent conclusion or counter proposal to whatever topic is discussed. Sometimes I play the devil's advocate, once in a while..just to see how things look from another angle. But for the most part, I try to use a little common sense and think before I type. 

Well, all that being said...I feel I've been here long enough that a lot of you are starting to look familiar. I see a lot of you posting in threads that I recognise. I've even ran across a few of you on Home, lol. I think it's time I start reaching out to everyone here, get to know you guys a bit more. Im looking to expand on my friends list and pick up a few people here as well, if I can. Would be cool to make some new friends. 

So, if ya wanna give it a shot...add me on PSN and we'll go from there. ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 1 of 34 (1,032 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

Re: FRIENDS

Sep 8, 2012
nice saying bro but did you read the things you be banned for on home too here a link if not. http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/kw/Banned

Message 2 of 34 (939 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Also If you respectful and very nice most people on home will add you including me and tc bro

Message 3 of 34 (937 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Nice post OP but it's going to get kicked to some off-topic forum unless you make it about Home, like possibly make a comparison between making friends on Home vs. making friends on the forums.  Or maybe how you first acted on Home, first acted on the forums, and how you now act on both.  DG

Posted Image
Message 4 of 34 (931 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Sep 8, 2012

He did mention home in it.

Message 5 of 34 (922 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Sep 9, 2012

This is kind of sad... Sort of like one of the many blind friend requests you receive on a nightly bases from noobs....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 34 (794 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Theres nothing "sad" about taking the initiative to make a few friends. 

One either has 2 choices in life: Be a sad lonely, loner with no friends and no desire to make friends OR...take the initiative to put yourself out there and at least TRY. Theres no reason to fear rejection or humiliation. Most typically, only the "stuck up" types will ridicule you and your efforts....and who needs friends like that anyway? Most commonly, good people with good judgement will see favor in you, no matter how slight and will usually give you a chance, at the very least. 

Besides....I have friends. I simply said I was trying to "expand" on that. Just because im not famously known on the forums like some folks here might be...doesnt mean Im not well known on Home. ^_-

But I can forgive you for your harsh and distasteful comment.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 7 of 34 (775 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Sep 10, 2012

RockCandyGirl wrote:

This is kind of sad... Sort of like one of the many blind friend requests you receive on a nightly bases from noobs....

Nothing sad about the amount of humility and courage ti took for Shadow-Runner to write this Thread. I applaud the effort.

Perhaps, Shadow is making his friendship offer to  Forum people, because Shadow feels they know y'all pretty well.

Not so " blind " when you think about it. You can either take Shadow up on their offer, or not.

Maybe give a Kudo for a heartfelt extension of the " olive branch ". . . . I will Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 8 of 34 (742 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2012

I like the forums and Home too. I already knew there was no profanity allowed before I read the rules. I've been on some other really nasty forums. But I don't use profanity hardly ever anyways. I don't understand why so many have to use it. But the forums have been really helpful to me. I found a club recently that I really like through the forums here and word of mouth. I've met some people on Home through the forums and made some friends too. Some of them aren't the same person as they are on here though. Some of them act immature and act up in the public space's and others that seem cool on here turn out to be total drama queens on there. But that's just a couple of examples, because I've also met some really cool and mature people through here on Home as well. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 9 of 34 (737 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Message 10 of 34 (702 Views)