Highlighted
Jun 29 2010
By: Perish_Song I Only Post Everything 1266 posts

Feva failed me

18 replies 18 views Edited Jun 29, 2010

All I wanted were some cleats, and some knee high futbol socks.

Well the socks are one of the feva prize at 1500 FP points.

I've been trying to earn points but everytime I make my predictions and come back I have no points.

So I went to check out my results....and naturally it says I didn't make a prediction.

I made new predictions, checked at a later date, and again...no predictions. Okay, so that was extremely furiating, so no socks.

I decided to go after cleats instead on the feva shoot.

I tried in the global feva pitch.

Cool, in queue for 7, heck yeah i'll join...5 minutes later, calulating queue position...10 minutes later, calulating queue position...hour later...

I decided, locally must be the way to go.

In queue, for 35? Left, but will try again later...

...later rolls around. In queue for 9, not bad I can wait...8...7...6...nice going well.

Hey, that guy just went...

again?...

this is rediculous...

the same guy in the grey sweatshirt and free gray shorts?...

"dude what's with the hacking", "I'm not doing it, the game keeps asking if I want to join"

....ARGH...

hour later...I'm still in queue 6?....

two hours later....that's enough This failed, which is saying something if I'm this frustrated.

Perish_Song
Message 1 of 19 (18 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
369 posts

Re: Feva failed me

Jun 29, 2010

I've stopped playing that game until it's so unpopular I have the chance to play the game over and over again with few queue times.

Message 2 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Try in the Global pitch. There are less people playing, and there are hardly any glitchers there at all.

*EDIT*

Sorry, just saw your complaints about the Global Pitch. Strange, I have never had a problem there.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 3 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Hey not sure if you knew this but when you select your predictions you have to select the blue tab at the bottome of the chart and lol

Give me a stick, trashcan lid, and a pot and ill take on the world!
Message 4 of 19 (18 Views)
VP of Gaming
28880 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Anaheim_Ducks wrote:

I've stopped playing that game until it's so unpopular I have the chance to play the game over and over again with few queue times.

Don't wait too long because it will be pulled soon.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3539 posts

Jun 29, 2010

I managed to pull off around 2750 Points from the beginning of FEVA.  I got the socks n other stuff ended up with 40 FP points, i predicted some more and now im at like 780 or so. I got the shorts and cleats the ones for 1500 FP. But still...

Predictions are weird, Some prizes are priced too high for only having one mini game that gives points away and its either a win or lose too...so that sucks... i would understand the FP prices if we had more ways to earn em.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

Anaheim_Ducks wrote:

Define "soon" please Conrad - if you can - you got a specific date perhaps?  Thanks

JPConway

Message 7 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jun 29, 2010

It could be worse...you could make all the predictions and keep getting them wrong, like I've been doing. I've managed only 2,460 Feva Points out of all the matches played so far. I've had fun with it, though.

The problem at the pitch is a problem with the queue system, not the game itself. The person who kept restarting should have left the queue after his turn. His excuse of "It keeps letting me back in" doesn't cut it when there are people waiting.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 8 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jun 29, 2010

JPConway wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Anaheim_Ducks wrote:

Define "soon" please Conrad - if you can - you got a specific date perhaps?  Thanks

JPConway

My guess is it will be pulled when the World Cup is over.  July 11 I think.  So I'd guess it'll be pulled on July 15th.  Just a thought, don't quote me on that.

Message 9 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jun 29, 2010

I was waiting in the same queue as the TC, I remember him getting mad everytime the other guy took another turn. I never got to play either, when I was finally number 1 in the queue the game never let me play, it never let anyone play and I also couldn't access my PDA to leave the queue. I finally had to push Select and teleport to my personal space in order to leave the queue so others could play. When I got back to the pitch the queue seemed to be working again so I got back in line, queue says "Assigning queue position" it never did and I had to leave the space to clear it.

I stayed out of the pitch for a few hours and came back around 2:30 in the afternoon and ended up on a server with barely anyone on it, got in line and was able to play. Eventually everyone else left and it was me and two others taking turns at the game. I won the silver spikes and I'm happy with them, not going to try to go for gold unless I end up on a server with barely anyone on it again. 

I'm also not sure it's possible for me to win the gold spikes, because the game keeps registering a miss when I have not missed. For example my first shot I'll knock out the star, it will say good. My second shot I'll knock out another board, it will say good, but in the corner it will say "This game will end if you fail 9 more time(s)" instead of the 10 I should have left. I've seen it do this for other people as well.

I also agree that the games queue is broken, the game's not registering that there are people waiting when no one is playing the game (it doesn't detect that the game is full, so it doesn't bring up the option to join the queue) and lets other people who are just getting there into the game without them having to wait in line. I know this because it happened to me once when I was trying to join the queue. I felt really bad about it (I've been one of the people waiting when others took advantage of it and played 10x), but I didn't know at the time how to exit the game. I played and didn't try the queue anymore, because I didn't want the same thing to happen. Now I never try to join the queue unless someone is playing, although I did try joining again when no one was playing and it asked me to join the queue. I hope it gets fixed soon, because it's annoying when you have to wait 3 hours to play a game because someone else is taking advantage of a glitch.

Message 10 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes