Wastelander
681 posts

Re: Gaming Tables

Jun 8, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Awesome idea, but I'd throw in these caveats:

1. Add a single player mode to any group games. Some of us are angry loners.

2. Make it playable when the owner isn't there.

3. Watch the slot consumption. I know that's hard, but Game Mechanics has been really great about it.

Put me down for foosball, air hockey and UNO.

I am with you on that. I want the Game Mechanics plaque so bad but I know I will never get it because I will never get 12 ppl to play at once with me. Smiley Sad I honestly wish devs would stop making rewards that require a ton of other people to play with you.

Message 31 of 73 (244 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Jun 8, 2013

DMCoutatime wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Awesome idea, but I'd throw in these caveats:

1. Add a single player mode to any group games. Some of us are angry loners.

2. Make it playable when the owner isn't there.

3. Watch the slot consumption. I know that's hard, but Game Mechanics has been really great about it.

Put me down for foosball, air hockey and UNO.

I am with you on that. I want the Game Mechanics plaque so bad but I know I will never get it because I will never get 12 ppl to play at once with me. Smiley Sad I honestly wish devs would stop making rewards that require a ton of other people to play with you.

They should have an angry loaners reward.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 32 of 73 (240 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Jun 8, 2013

DMCoutatime wrote:

What if I told you that you could go to a club and earn it with 11 other people there? For that Reward you have to own a machine, but you can earn it on any machine.

Message 33 of 73 (234 Views)
I Only Post Everything
841 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

DMCoutatime i would say bet you could get some of the amazing ppl here on the forums to help. weekends im mostly out till 8 or 9pm est but on in the morning (11ish est) for a couple hrs then when i get home if ya wanna temp add me..ill come help for sure!

Message 34 of 73 (230 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 8, 2013

2 WORDS " AIR HOCKEY "  lol, check out the airhockey tables at the midways hotzone space that will surely be taken away eventually. i'd be nice to have air hockey tables for our personal spaces and/or clubhouses Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 73 (221 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Jun 8, 2013

You've caught my eye GameMechanics. I would totally dig a pool table, bowling and darts games! The ones they have out now are out of date and cost too many spaces.

Message 36 of 73 (189 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but it'd be amazing if it were a bit easier to type while you were playing. I just played the Godfather II poker game yesterday, which required you to actually pause the game, and hit triangle, and type on the default window that takes up the entire screen (which only people without physical keyboards will ever need).

All of this is a relatively slow process. I know it only takes about 5-10 seconds, but it feels like forever when you're having a conversation using an already time-consuming method of typing. Some people don't even have keyboards or are fast typers, and not every game allows you to see that your friend is typing. A slow typer using a controller having to navigate through a slow menu is incredibly distracting. So, if you won't allow us keyboard users to just start typing, at least only make us have to hit Triangle, and don't make us wait for that giant, blinding virtual keyboard to pop up when we already have a physical keyboard. 

Message 37 of 73 (179 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Ernestophiliac wrote:

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but it'd be amazing if it were a bit easier to type while you were playing. I just played the Godfather II poker game yesterday, which required you to actually pause the game, and hit triangle, and type on the default window that takes up the entire screen (which only people without physical keyboards will ever need).

All of this is a relatively slow process. I know it only takes about 5-10 seconds, but it feels like forever when you're having a conversation using an already time-consuming method of typing. Some people don't even have keyboards or are fast typers, and not every game allows you to see that your friend is typing. A slow typer using a controller having to navigate through a slow menu is incredibly distracting. So, if you won't allow us keyboard users to just start typing, at least only make us have to hit Triangle, and don't make us wait for that giant, blinding virtual keyboard to pop up when we already have a physical keyboard. 

You should try our game and let me know if this is what you are talking about. I think we have it as you desire in our current game.

BTW, you can try someone elses machine without having to bet. You can just observe. So this is perfect for you to be able to test the chat and get back to me.

We absolutely listen to everyone here and try and do it exactly as described.

Message 38 of 73 (162 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 8, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

DMCoutatime wrote:

What if I told you that you could go to a club and earn it with 11 other people there? For that Reward you have to own a machine, but you can earn it on any machine.

Yes I own the machine. I also wnet to a club and tried to get 11 people to play it just seemed that the instance where the ppl there were not interested in playing just cenversating lol. Can't force people to play a game you know.

Message 39 of 73 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Jun 8, 2013

DMCoutatime wrote:
Yes I own the machine. I also wnet to a club and tried to get 11 people to play it just seemed that the instance where the ppl there were not interested in playing just cenversating lol. Can't force people to play a game you know.

We did our best to make it easy. They just have to all join. They don't have to bet.

Just tell them that the machine seems to be broken and is giving out free coins.

Message 40 of 73 (137 Views)