Survivor
1454 posts

Re: Giveaway/Party: Aftermath

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

Hi guys.  Sorry for the late response, but I've just been released from intensive therapy helping me recover from the traumatic events of Saturday.  (I'm just now able to sign in, ugh.)  Yes I attended Colton's "event" on his Sunset Yacht and there's a few issues I'd like to cover.

First to those referring to the attendees as money grubbing vultures blah blah blah.  I've attended many events on Home and won quite a few prizes.  A few that come to mind are two different events Chelada threw where I won a PODI at one, and a Sodium 2 full racing outfit at another.  HSM had an event at Ratchet and Clank awhile back where I won a $10 code.  I recall winning another $10 code from the Lochwoods at one of their RHO parties.  I've participated in a number of promotional events where I've accumulated, and distributed, many codes for exclusive items.  My point is, had I not attended/participated, I would have had no chance of winning.  This is all free stuff, and some of it exclusive at that, so why not go for it?

I've met Colton at few events in the past and he seemed like a decent kind of guy.  I had no reason to suspect his intentions were anything but honest and sincere.  There are generous people on Home that do have money and do like to give things away.  For all I knew, he was one.

The event itself broke up the monotony of an otherwise boring day.  I thought musical chairs was a great idea for a Home game, till about halfway through the game and I wasn't able to target a stupid chair.  But for me anyway, that's when the real fun began. 

I excused myself from the game area saying I didn't want to be in the way and went about discovering the ship.  After relieving myself on the expensive teak of the aft deck I made my way to the galley.  Better check on that fine antique silverware Colton.  No, not that imitation decoy crap you left in the drawer.  I'm talking about the set behind the wall, barely hidden.  You probably suck at hide 'n seek too.  Anyway, after I swiped the silver I quickly went to the master bedroom and spent all of 3 minutes unbolting a floor safe.  Interesting things you have in there Colton, keep it up and I'll disclose the contents.  With my bag hardly half full I made my way to the trophy room.  Jackpot!  19 platinums sitting in a lighted, glass enclosed trophy case.  It was as easy as taking candy from a baby.  Those things fetch top dollar on the black market.  So anyway, right after I lifted the last platinum, I read in my chat log the whole thing had been a prank, and I got kicked to my Harbour, bag and all.

So Colton, who's the prank really on?  Not only have you shown you are completely untrustworthy, a liar, and you word is less than dirt, you've lost some great stuff.  Better change that trophy card now, you wouldn't want to mislead people into thinking you have something that you don't.  And thanks!  Smiley Happy  Dean 

Posted Image
Message 181 of 182 (180 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: Giveaway/Party: Aftermath

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

Digitman3 wrote:

Hi guys.  Sorry for the late response, but I've just been released from intensive therapy helping me recover from the traumatic events of Saturday.  (I'm just now able to sign in, ugh.)  Yes I attended Colton's "event" on his Sunset Yacht and there's a few issues I'd like to cover.

First to those referring to the attendees as money grubbing vultures blah blah blah.  I've attended many events on Home and won quite a few prizes.  A few that come to mind are two different events Chelada threw where I won a PODI at one, and a Sodium 2 full racing outfit at another.  HSM had an event at Ratchet and Clank awhile back where I won a $10 code.  I recall winning another $10 code from the Lochwoods at one of their RHO parties.  I've participated in a number of promotional events where I've accumulated, and distributed, many codes for exclusive items.  My point is, had I not attended/participated, I would have had no chance of winning.  This is all free stuff, and some of it exclusive at that, so why not go for it?

I've met Colton at few events in the past and he seemed like a decent kind of guy.  I had no reason to suspect his intentions were anything but honest and sincere.  There are generous people on Home that do have money and do like to give things away.  For all I knew, he was one.

The event itself broke up the monotony of an otherwise boring day.  I thought musical chairs was a great idea for a Home game, till about halfway through the game and I wasn't able to target a stupid chair.  But for me anyway, that's when the real fun began. 

I excused myself from the game area saying I didn't want to be in the way and went about discovering the ship.  After relieving myself on the expensive teak of the aft deck I made my way to the galley.  Better check on that fine antique silverware Colton.  No, not that imitation decoy crap you left in the drawer.  I'm talking about the set behind the wall, barely hidden.  You probably suck at hide 'n seek too.  Anyway, after I swiped the silver I quickly went to the master bedroom and spent all of 3 minutes unbolting a floor safe.  Interesting things you have in there Colton, keep it up and I'll disclose the contents.  With my bag hardly half full I made my way to the trophy room.  Jackpot!  19 platinums sitting in a lighted, glass enclosed trophy case.  It was as easy as taking candy from a baby.  Those things fetch top dollar on the black market.  So anyway, right after I lifted the last platinum, I read in my chat log the whole thing had been a prank, and I got kicked to my Harbour, bag and all.

So Colton, who's the prank really on?  Not only have you shown you are completely untrustworthy, a liar, and you word is less than dirt, you've lost some great stuff.  Better change that trophy card now, you wouldn't want to mislead people into thinking you have something that you don't.  And thanks!  Smiley Happy  Dean 

I guess not all of us left empty handed LOL Smiley Very Happy

Edit: This thread will now be locked as the event has already taken place.

Message 182 of 182 (168 Views)
0 Likes