Highlighted
May 31 2013
By: ALEXELWAY Sackboy 389 posts

Good Enough by Evanescence (Home Video)

11 replies 149 views Edited May 31, 2013

I stepped outside of my comfort zone on this one to try and gain some experience doing different type videos (this song was hard for me haha) , its not near as good as some others i've done imo but I like to get feedback on any video I do.

Doing this one did give me a chance to use the cameras more and get some shots I did like , thanks for any feedback on the video.

Movie maker appears to be working now so this is the lastone using youtubes editor I am hoping haha.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 1 of 12 (149 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Good Enough by Evanescence (Home Video)

May 31, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

I stepped outside of my comfort zone on this one to try and gain some experience doing different type videos (this song was hard for me haha) , its not near as good as some others i've done imo but I like to get feedback on any video I do.

Doing this one did give me a chance to use the cameras more and get some shots I did like , thanks for any feedback on the video.

Movie maker appears to be working now so this is the lastone using youtubes editor I am hoping haha.

The pace of the music let you get away with those long video shots. Kudo's for editing with Youtubes steaming pile. Smiley Happy loved the song. I think this was a good experience for a few reason for you. Scenic shots are always nice. Appreciated the effort and I know you have some video making passion.  What did you learn making this video?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 12 (139 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

The pace of the music let you get away with those long video shots. Kudo's for editing with Youtubes steaming pile. Smiley Happy loved the song. I think this was a good experience for a few reason for you. Scenic shots are always nice. Appreciated the effort and I know you have some video making passion.  What did you learn making this video?

I learned quite a bit honestly haha.

- Try to use the same people in videos to avoid any conflicts

- I leaned just how badly youtubes editor sucks (not an excuse but while editing this smh)

- I finally learned a bit of patience , I had many ideas for this video but I was getting aggravated at howlong it was taking me to try to find people to help as well as setting up sets.

- It might not show in this video but I did find that the smallest things regarding items and details in spaces make a hugs difference

- I did gain some control on some shots I could'nt do before ,there's also some I did'nt use that did'nt fit the video once I started editing , I should have waited and filmed more but its really hard finding people who can help when i'm in a zone to film if that makes sense lol , I kind of have to feel the music when doing these and I honestly could'nt get there with this but I wanted to try something different to try and gain experience.

There's more I know but honestly my head hurts from doing this one ,I just finished editing it and found I needed 3 times more clips for it , I have now heard this song at least a hundred times and I am so glad i'm finished with it haha.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 3 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

May 31, 2013

I did want to add , I gained alot more respect for those who do videos , I can't lie , I was starting to think I could do any video with little experience doing them and doing this one taught me I have much to learn when getting outside of my comfort zone lol.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 4 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Good that you see things like that. I noticed a lot of shots. I know it can be a pain. Also, you mentioned something about being out of your elememnt or something similair.

On my The Walking Dead Home video I had shots and incorporated actual live video series shots from the TV show if you remember seeing it.

I had to make a Video layout Plan. some shots made it in but a few didn't even after shooting them. I kept very rough notes but it helped me get the final product I wanted. Looked like this.

Logo splash.

Splash TWD letter picture  , music start. Use B for sound affects

Show field plants blowing in wind.

TWD house picture

more feild shots

Rick by fire.

---------------------------------------------

(video clips of show are)

tent zombie attack

House porch rick lori 

shane car

Shane rick killing moon 

zombie herd

barn burning

michonne

prison

---------------

splash rick gun pose pic

phone.

-------------

Just an idea for you incase you get overwelmed in the future.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 5 of 12 (115 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 31, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

I did want to add , I gained alot more respect for those who do videos , I can't lie , I was starting to think I could do any video with little experience doing them and doing this one taught me I have much to learn when getting outside of my comfort zone lol.

This is so true. I know and have talked to some very good video creators here. I have spent 13-17 hours on some videos in the past from start to finish. Very time consuming. Very rewarding if you feel you got it right. pretty cool' 

HomeStationMagazine
Message 6 of 12 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

May 31, 2013

Looking back , I believe doing just that would've made helped a TON , I have yet to try doing that but you better believe I will next time lol.

I believe getting down on paper what I want first will help me translate that to film once I begin  ( loved that you done btw).

Thanks for the advise as I believe this will help a lot , after watching this video a fewtimes now I know I can do a lot better so after a break and i find a song I would like to do , I am motivated to get a really great video going.

All tips are appreciated as always and thanks again Smiley Happy

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 7 of 12 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

ALEXELWAY wrote:

This is so true. I know and have talked to some very good video creators here. I have spent 13-17 hours on some videos in the past from start to finish. Very time consuming. Very rewarding if you feel you got it right. pretty cool' 

I started laughing when I read this ,only because I seen you type 13-17 hours , believe it or not this video twice as much time as any other i've done hahaha. Yeah ,feeling I get a video right is the best!

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 8 of 12 (103 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Cool. looking forward to more from you.

Who knows? maybe i'll take a shot at "Wash it all away" it could be a very interesting song to addvideo to. I like that song and I have no idea why. lol. Or "Going under'' Smiley Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 9 of 12 (101 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Cool. looking forward to more from you.

Who knows? maybe i'll take a shot at "Wash it all away" it could be a very interesting song to add music to. I like that song and I have no idea why. lol. Or "Going under'' Smiley Happy

I would love to see those! I'm a huge Evanescence fan and I know seing more music videos from others would help me alot , you can't go wrong with either of those song imo Smiley Happy

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 10 of 12 (97 Views)
0 Likes